Search results

1. blacksp20

The QUICK question thread.....

Can you report back if you find something please.
  2. blacksp20

Bargain buys thread

Some new XT 165mm non boost cranks on Facebook right now.
  3. blacksp20

Lego

I received a Light My Bricks kit for the Back to the Future Time Machine. Looks awesome all lit up. Was fiddly as the wires, plugs and lights are tiny but it was still a fun project.
  4. blacksp20

Agree but as Ozzy pointed out, Office365 is what they use. I think they use Word, PowerPoint and Teams (if that is part of office) already and the eldest is only year 5.
  5. blacksp20

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

With delivery they are just over $60 from Ali.
  6. blacksp20

I like your joke but I’d probably say they’ll be aiming for Microsoft Office use. Our primary school didn’t allow Chromebooks for this reason.
  7. blacksp20

I’d give them a run but can get Shimano MT200 for less and I don’t need 4 pots for bike paths.
  8. blacksp20

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

The nut was initially done up by the store I purchased the rack from and a rattle gun was used, maybe not tight enough for my liking. The rack itself was tight as a nuns nasty on the ball. I think the issue was 4 heavy bikes being rocked side to side on the back of a 4WD over rough, rutted roads...
  9. blacksp20

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Lower weight of 2 bikes and no off-roading, you’ll be fine without loctite.
  10. blacksp20

Mine was not fun with an XL Banshee Prime, M step through beach cruiser, XS Giant hardtail 26” and a Scott Scale Jr 20”. Eventually I succumbed to the Single Trail and my sanity thanks me for it every time.
  11. blacksp20

I have been looking at them for a bike to take when caravanning, only because I can get front in 15x100 and rear in 9mm QR at a reasonable price. Bike will just be for bike paths and the odd firetrail so if it’s made of cheese I don’t really care. I probably won’t be buying them for a few months...
  12. blacksp20

@madstace has a similarly designed rack that has a centralised bar and the bikes are held in pairs so there is less issue with frame positioning. Was waaaay cheaper than my Yakima too.
  13. blacksp20

I had a Yakima FoldClick, which is similar to the JustClick. Was a good rack. Bit tricky with 4 bikes as all the support arms had to go back to one bar near the back of the car. Took a bit of planning on bike positioning but was sturdy and I never worried it would drop a bike. Edit: As...
  14. blacksp20

Bargain buys thread

They are.
  15. blacksp20

Yep I’m a giant and occasionally struggle to get them on the roof of my SUV if I’m tired. A portable step would do you well. Try caravan suppliers.
  16. blacksp20

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Ordered a SPCycle frame off Ali on 25/10 and it arrived in Newcastle NSW in 10 days. Was not using a courier service either. Ze Germans need to pickup their game.
  17. blacksp20

Bargain buys thread

Linky link??
  18. blacksp20

Looks like that store has shut down. Clicking on items shows them as unavailable. I tried to search for the store last week and it didn’t show up.
  19. blacksp20

The discount code thread

Ordered Sunday and arrived in Newcastle on Friday morning.