Search results

1. rhyno

Little Things You Hate

Waiting for YEARS for a Tool sideshow to come to Melbourne (not a festival appearance), having the expectation that it is going to be the best gig i've ever seen, only to have Maynard do a shit job (forget lyrics, start songs early, not finish others) and have shit sound. Lasers were pretty...
  2. rhyno

The Walking Dead

Looks like it will be a Rotorburn party on Bruny, though I might need to find a bigger boat with more fuel...
  3. rhyno

The Walking Dead

A slight deviation from topic: Not sure if many caught the 2 part Derryn Brown "Apocalypse" series on SBS, but the gist of it was that they convinced a guy that a virus had come to earth piggybacking on meteor. It was to teach the guy a lesson about being less of a douche bag and to...
  4. rhyno

The last movie you've last watched last

Just saw Django Unchained - the new Tarantino film. Dead set fuckin' ripper....
  5. rhyno

Greetings

Taking to Rotorburn like a duck to water....
  6. rhyno

Pedal Stuck in Crank help or tips please?

I'm afraid what we have here is a serious case of "pedal wind-up". This happens when the pedal has been rotated too many times and bearing run out of roll. The solution here is to undo the pedal rotations that have been incurred. The fastest way to do this it to get a portable drill and tighten...
  7. rhyno

New drivetrain for 09 Glory

Most single ring setups only need a short cage derailleur on them as they don't have to take up the slack produced by dropping to a granny ring. A short cage is also good as it gives less material to hook up on rocks, etc. Keeps everything nice and neat.
  8. rhyno

Triple J and it's changing image

I'll third that one. May I suggest listening to the radio on demand function and picking out: -"All Over The Shop" (two blokes talking shit) -"Kinky Afro" (good music show with a chick who really knows her shit), either of these will not be too much of a transition from JJJ. -"JVG Radio...
  9. rhyno

Buller XC trail launch - woohoo!

Last summer I went up with my wife during the week and also on a weekend (the bike buller w/end). During the week we were a bit disappointed by the lack of anything other than trails; the supermarket is only open a few hours per day(and had very little fresh produce), there is one maybe two food...
  10. rhyno

pros and cons of 1x10 or 2x10?

Depends on the trails you ride. If you find your only rarely dropping to the granny ring, then you would probably be safe to go a 1x setup. I have a 1x10 and I rarely miss the extra ring. Less maintenance and weight and if you only use it occasionally, why bother with it at all? I have never...
  11. rhyno

VIC Mt Baw Baw - Wide Open to Ride!

What's up there in terms of XC trails? Anything?
  12. rhyno

Food/Diet Help me with my diet.

Thought I'd update and say thanks again to all the posters who gave constructive advice. I made a few small changes to my diet and am now down to high 77kg range and dropping. (BMI is now apparently "healthy"!) I got an app on my phone to help keep track on calories (it's amazing to find out...
  13. rhyno

Live Tracking My Ride

Endomondo does live tracking. Also records your trip and gives stats like Strava, just doesn't compare you on segments like Strava. It goes without saying that having an app like this will drain your battery pretty quickly, and also only work where you have data coverage (to send the gps...
  14. rhyno

Database error on various forums?

Thanks Scott, much appreciated.
  15. rhyno

Best ever movie soundtrack

Amelie, it got me on to the music of Yann Tierson...
  16. rhyno

Shimano or Clarks?

I know your interested in the higher end models, but since you mentioned the skeletal brake... I have the Skeletal brakes on my commuter, and I bought them because they are cheap ($50 per end with adapters and rotors) and they certainly look cheap. They work like a basic disk brake; no bells...
  17. rhyno

Not doing any weights. Not a fan of Gyms at all. I'll try to throw in some more resistance training at home. I'll grab some oats to take to work as that would be do-able. Eggs on non ride days.
  18. rhyno

Thanks DriftKing, I generally eat tea around 7, and go to bed around 10 and I try to keep dinner as low carb as possible. So that seems to fit. I think I'll just start mixing the training up a bit and see how I go without too much diet change. We'll see what happens. Thanks again.
  19. rhyno

How do you wash you bike?

Wow! A dig and a spam! You lose 50 points. Edit: having just gone through your post history, 50% of them are spamming your product. I suggest you stop before you get banned. Edit Edit: To add something constructive here, I just give my bike a hose down on light mains pressure before any mud...
  20. rhyno

Thanks for all the advice guys. What I've gathered from this is that my diet isn't overly bad, but I've probably hit a plateau. I've started to mix things up a bit in the last week: Sprinting sections on my way to work (Strava helps here), doing crunches on non-ride days and finally getting...