Search results

1. parallax

Defence Force

Haha, GBAD is awesome :|. You guys are your own BOS! Enjoy Adelaide and the RBS-70 simulator. Hey Johnny, I'm only a few weeks away from my Corp and unit allocation. Was thinking of becoming a lawn-dart, what's your opinion? ;P.
  2. parallax

Australian Army Ration Packs

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! gold. New sig! :D Last week I was just off helping my old Cadet Unit, we were using rats with no worries. I believe the Army's approach to fixing the situation with the peanuts in the rat pack is to put a big sticker on it saying, "Caution - may contain nuts". My biggest...
  3. parallax

Graffiti Deaths: Opinions?

In my experience and opinion it was a culmination of factors: 1. The drain is designed to remove water from 236 hectares from the suburbs of Kingsford, Kensington, Maroubra and Sth Coogee. A very large catchment area. 2. The rain that caused the flood was short and heavy. Predicting its...
  4. parallax

Bedroom antics

Had a brain wave: RASTERBATOR http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
  5. parallax

Bedroom antics

3 walls same colour, with feature wall contrast white with a large stencil or mural. I would suggest above the bed head. If you can't stencil, you can always Rasterise. They make for great large feature wall coverings. There used to be a website with a program and a whole gallery of user...
  6. parallax

Why geeks are awesome #2

Introducing... The brand new Farraday vehicle!
  7. parallax

Your claims to fame

double post.
  8. parallax

Your claims to fame

Laurence Fishburne and the winner of Big Brother 2 both came into the video store I used to work in as a kid. At my job now working at the bar at uni I've met heaps of bands. Rise Against, My Chemical Romance, Static X, Il Nino, Coheed and Cambria etc. Usually make sure they've got plenty of...
  9. parallax

NYE stories

0800pm : At mates house drinking beer. 1130pm: At local park overlooking Bondi waiting for the fireworks. Midnight: Yay! 1235am: Small wrestling match with friend ends up with me breaking collarbone. 0120am: Emergency Room at POW chatting up a few hotties who were there with a freind that had...
  10. parallax

My Photos / Street / DJ / FR /

Spoooooooooge!
  11. parallax

Sydney City Old School Ride- NOW Tuesday: 13/06/06

Study. Fuck, thought you'd be a lecturer by now. :P
  12. parallax

Worst Present Ever Received or Given:

THAT, I can appreciate. It's when they expect you to like it that annoys me. BAHUMBUG! :) Worst present given: An excuse to my sister that I couldn't afford one this year because I'd given her $100 as her wedding gift. (she's 29, I'm 19 - injured, unemployed and now having to live at...
  13. parallax

competition: Who's the funniest bugger on Farkin?

I promise that if voted the funniest bloke on farkin, there will be more "S. is a fool" threads, more "tu_plang's sister" threads and whole lot more posts with hilarious puns, witty retorts and sinister quips. Vote PARALLAX [1] ps. And if you don't, I'll just get Johnny to edit your posts to...
  14. parallax

Ten things you want to do before you die:

Hehehe. I mean really exploring the catacombs with the Zone Tour crew, before bouncing up to Brittain to knock torches with the Sub-Urban boys after which it'll be straight over to NYC to hook up with the LTV Sqaud but not before a stop over with the lads from UEA as the basis of my Northern...
  15. parallax

what is the best value digital slr now? what should i get?

Even though they're great value, my biggest quirk with the 350d is that they're way small. It's hard to hold it properly when you're working without a tripod. But if most of your photos are taken using a tripod, it's a ripper deal. my $0.02
  16. parallax

I never said I "lost" any. I just believe there's a deeper level than simply having a friendship, and having a friends respect is one of them. I have friends that are drug users, drug dealers, career criminals and the like. They are friends because sometimes we share similar interests and...
  17. parallax

1. Escape Australia and go travelling. 2. Find someone I love. 3. Exlpore the Paris catacombs. 4. Produce offspring and raise them to take the initiative, be compassionate and have a keen sense of justice and humour. 5. Learn to play an instrument to a decent proficiency. 6. Drive more, see...
  18. parallax

Employment Equality and Dating - Hmmm.

In my reality, the first one to the door opens it. In the real reality, I make up for all the short comings of my female workmates. Equal pay for equal work. I agree. So when I see that girl I work with at the bar get her hands dirty rolling kegs, emptying the recycling bins, ejecting...
  19. parallax

New John Safran Show on SBS at 9pm tonight

Safran: So father Bob. If someone was to ask about visiting a prostitute, what would you do? Fr Bob: I'd send them to St Francis's in the city - Safran: - Are they doing a special there? Goddam. It's like school again. I LOVE IT!!