Search results

1. spikenet

Dual Slalom / pumptrack timing system?

Hey gang, Doing some research into Dual Slalom / pumptrack timing systems for the club. Does anyone have experience with them, what works etc. Something like what they use at crankworx with dual lane and a time display. Anyone with expertise in raspberry Pi (or other device such as arduino)...
  2. spikenet

What fork?

I'm getting an itch to update my old non-boost Pike's that have luftkappe 160mm. I've been asking around for damper options but as they are the older non-boost seems not alot of choice now. I race enduro/DH, hit jumps, drops etc so would like something tough and reliable. The pike feels pretty...
  3. spikenet

Sold NZO Medium shorts

Item: NZO Medium shorts Location: central coast Item Condition: used but great condition Reason for selling: to small Price and price conditions: $50 pp Extra Info: Grey with black highlights. These had been my favorite shorts but having returned to more riding they are to small for me. Great...
  4. spikenet

replace dt swiss rim

I've got a m1700 spline wheelset that came with my bike. The rear rim has failed so I'm wondering if something like ex511 or ex471 rim would be a straight swap?
  5. spikenet

Heading to whistler couple of Qs

hey gang, heading over to whistler for 3 weeks and couple of things I'm wondering about -best mobile phone deal? I've heard there is lots of free wifi etc (for talking to family back home) so really this is just so can contact mates who are there with me if we get seperated etc.. -travelling...
  6. spikenet

safe to run stem with only 1 bolt on steerer?

hey guys, was getting ready for redass DH race tomorrow and lubed up the headset and using my torque wrench started tightening the stem and.. snap! 1 bolt broke way below 9nm.. Rekon its safe to run with one bolt? Any idea how to remove the old bolt and replace it? I got this stem, raceface...
  7. spikenet

AC grade 2 recovery time

hey gang, had big otb yesterday and have a grade 2 ac disruption. Never had a shouldr injury before, any tips or words of wisdom.. was heading to derby next week so pretty bummed about it all
  8. spikenet

Timing systems for club races

Hi gang, Have been chatting with some clubbies and the question of timing systems has come up. At the moment races are done with ad-hock timing, some old school paper and pens, some home-made rfid stuff that is not particularly accurate or reliable with many participants not getting run times...
  9. spikenet

street bmx for 7/8 year old

hey guys, looking at getting my son into more street/park ridin and thinking about if he needs different size bike. He currently rides a 20" expert size bmx at bmx track and a 24" mtb in the bush.. I just feel they are to big/heavy for him to really control them in a bowl or on ramps so...
  10. spikenet

PF30BB -> threaded BSA e.thirteen.. wtf

Hey gang, I'm on a run of newbie questions and this BB in my torrent has me stuffed, seems to be a frankenstein of a design and have no idea how to move forwards. It say pressfit but it has a threaded BB wtf! The TRS+ crank has play in it that no amount of tightening seems able to remove...
  11. spikenet

BB install on 73mm frame

Just building up my pivot point frame, got a set of Zee cranks to install that come with BB52 deore. My understanding is the BB doesnt need any spacers as the shell is 73mm, however, when I install the crank there is bugger all space for the left arm to tighten up. I have it installed as such...
  12. spikenet

NSW WTB 4x Shimano caliper bolts

Got a set of 2nd hand brakes for a new bike but dont have any bolts to attach the calipers. anyone that can help out?
  13. spikenet

NSW 140mm forks

Item: 140mm forks for all mountain tapered. Condition: Used or New Price: $400 or there abouts Other info: Want to replace the shit forks on my 2011 stumpjumper fsr. Its old school 26"er so guess I'll have to go 27.5 forks. something like a pike, dvo diamond etc.. what have you got?
  14. spikenet

what headset to get?

building up a pivot point that has TOP IS42 (45°), BOTTOM IS52/40 tapered. My forks are straight tube, is there a headset that I can use off the shelf that will convert the lower bearing size? cheers
  15. spikenet

NSW FOUND 26" 100-120mm tapered DJ forks

Item: 26" 100-120mm 1.5" tapered DJ forks Location: Gosford NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $500 Extra Info: Just starting to build up a DJ bike, only have the frame at this stage and will be hunting a heap of parts. Starting here with the fork.
  16. spikenet

rotor size and modulation

hey guys, just coming to terms with my inspired bike, its got magura MT7 brakes with 180mm rotors on it. I'm finding the brakes difficult adapting to, they are very on/off and while being super powerfull, doing manuals and moves that need that subtle modulation is challenging. So my question...
  17. spikenet

Mt7 brake lever issue

My lever keeps dropping down away from the bars, the other lever springs back. So not sure what is going on here. I've had a look at it and can't even figure out how to take the lever off. The magura docs I've found don't help. Any ideas? Also, any idea what olive I need to shorten the lines...
  18. spikenet

Shock suggestions for avanti torrent

Had the torrent for a couple of months now https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?308523-2016-Avanti-Torrent-CS-7-2 Upgraded the fork with longer travel and luftkappe from vorsprung and its awesome, now I'm finding the shock is lacking even with the evol aircan upgrade. Lacking support...
  19. spikenet

How to dropper on old stumpjumper

MY wife has just started into riding MTB and is using my old race bike: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bike-archive/2011/sjfsr/sjfsrprocarbon/23335 I'm thinking of putting a dropper post on it for her but am wondering about the geometry given stock it runs a setback post, Thomson Elite...
  20. spikenet

NSW 26" Dirt Jump bike

Item: 26" Dirt Jump bike something like ns suburban, dartmoor two6player etc Location: Central Coast, will travel or pay postage for the right set of wheels Price range/Willing to Pay: up to aroun $700 depends on the bike.. Extra Info: Sold my bmx bikes and want a real dirt jump bike...