Search results

1. cameron_15

Chainlines and 12 speed - 2 quick questions

Hi All, Been somewhat out of the game for a while now and standards are getting the better of me. I've just purchased a new to me norco sight 2016 model with iscg 05 tabs and MRP chainguide. I want to swap this chainguide with the one on my 2016 specialized enduro. I thought this would be...
  2. cameron_15

Gravel bike wheel suggestions

Hi all, Looking for suggestions for a new wheelset for my disc brake road bike. The bike is about 7 years old and has served me very well as a commuter/roadie/general town bike but the rear wheel is starting to give in with semi-regularly broken spokes and crunchy freehub body bearings. The...
  3. cameron_15

Bike computer suggestions

Hey all, I'm looking for a bike computer to see a little more info on my rides as I go. I use Strava on my phone but don't want to mount my phone to my bars. I've had a look at Garmins and the like which are cool but I think unneccesary for me. I don't want turn-by-turn, maps, colour screens...
  4. cameron_15

QLD Found - 29" Non-Boost Wheels

Item: 29" non boost wheels - Rear or Pair Location: Sunshine Coast but Frequent Brisbane Item Condition: Good/Usable - no wrecked rims but can probably revatilise a hub if needed Price and Conditions: Cheaper is better, but Depends on the wheels - something with a DT swiss ratchet hub or Hope...
  5. cameron_15

Rescue Roadie... Worth a bit of love?

Whilst walking home from placement last week I noticed a tired looking bike surrounded by garbage dumped in a car parking lot. On quick glance I noticed some mavic rims and shimano bits and pieces but decided to keep walking. After pondering what might happen to the bike I decided to give it...
  6. cameron_15

Broken Pro Shock Pump?

My Pro shock pump has started playing up recently. When I attempt to inflate my rear shock or fork the pump doesn't appear to be able to transfer air into the spring properly. It feels as though a valve is not closing off somewhere and the pressure in the spring is felt through the pump, which...
  7. cameron_15

Bike storage options/stands/hooks for renters

I've just moved into a 5 person sharehouse and am now looking for storage options to keep my bikes safe. We have a 2 car garage which would be the logical choice, however I don't want to be reliant on my room mates to keep the door closed as they can be a little... absent minded. There's...
  8. cameron_15

Need help choosing Queensland rural placement!

Next year I have a 2 month rural rotation as part of my degree and have a rather lengthy list of towns to preference over the next few days. I figure I may as well see what kind of mountain biking is on offer in these places as that will certainly play a role in where I try to end up. I'll be...
  9. cameron_15

Sold...................

Item: Sram Guide R brakeset (Front + Rear) Location: Melbourne (Kew or Eltham), Can post Condition: New, taken off bike out of the box Price: $200 Reason for selling: Guide RSC Extra info: Hoses should be plenty long enough as they came off a long travel large 29er, will...
  10. cameron_15

Sold...................

Item: Rock Shox Pike RC fork Location: Melbourne (Kew or Eltham) Price: $450 Condition: As new, unused, new bike take off out of the box Reason for selling: Went with a 29er instead Extra info: -Tapered -15mm -27.5" / 650b -160mm steerer (Good for bikes with head tubes up to about 110mm)...
  11. cameron_15

VIC Sold...................

Item: Cannondale Trigger 29er with custom build Location: Melbourne, Kew or Eltham, Can post too Condition: Excellent. No big scratches, never crashed. Drivetrain is brand new... Reason for selling: Got a new bike Price: $2,000ono Extra info: I bought the bike brand new...
  12. cameron_15

Sold...................

Item: Specialized/Roval Wheelset Condition: Brand new, taken straight off a 2016 Enduro 29 Price: $300 plus postage Location: Melbourne, can post Reason for selling: Have carbon wheels Extra info: -29" -15mm front -142 x 12mm rear -Specialized HiLo hubs -DT Swiss Spokes...
  13. cameron_15

Sold.........................................

14. cameron_15

Moving to Brisbane, can we be friends?

Yesterday I received a very welcome email from the University of Queensland with a late round offer into a Grad program I applied to, meaning I have about 6 weeks to organize a move from Melbourne to Brisbane! yay! I need a bit of help with some information about Brisbane, so I'm gonna ask the...
  15. cameron_15

3D printing my new headset tonight

Well, some parts for it anyway. I have a Cannondale with a 1.5" steerer tube and have been looking for a lower stack dust cap for quite a while. The only way I could get one was to buy a new headset with one in it, which seemed quite silly given I just want a slightly lower handle bar. My...
  16. cameron_15

Downhill bike or frame - Large

Item: Downhill bike Condition: Don't mind giving it some TLC is the price is right, don't want any frames that are cracked, snapped or dented though. Location: Melbourne, might buy interstate though Price: Around $1,500 would be ideal for a complete bike, may increase it for the right bike...
  17. cameron_15

Help needed writing a bicycle repair manual for use in rural Uganda

Google Docs Link: Bicycle repair manual - Uganda Hi Rotorburn, In a few weeks I will be arriving in Uganda and heading out to the rural district of Lira to assist a local organisation which, in addition to many other things, aims to provide bicycles to individuals and organisations in the...
  18. cameron_15

Sold

Item: Rock Shox Monarch XX Condition: Never been ridden, but is a couple of years old and the remote lockout line appears to have leaked from the Banjo/rebound adjuster knob Location: Melbourne, postage included Price: $150 posted ono. Reason for selling: Going to Africa...
  19. cameron_15

GT Fly 16 - SOLD

Item: GT Fly 16" BMX Condition: Excellent, only used a handful of times for a bit of fun Price: $200ono, new these carry an RRP of $429, but I understand it's not new so may negotiate for the right buyer. Location: Eltham, Melbourne Reason For Selling: Overseas holiday and haven't...
  20. cameron_15

Calling on the brains trust: Weird monarch sag issue

Hi all, I have a customer bringing a bike to me to look at tomorrow that has developed a weird sag issue in the rear shock. It's a Debonair Monarch RT3 E:i from a lapierre and the issue is not something I've encountered previously. In short, when he sits on the shock with normal air pressure...