Search results

1. Alpha-J

2008 Ellsworth 'Moment' (M) - all mountain build *sold

Too late guys - this one's gooooone J
  2. Alpha-J

My timeframes just got shorter and so has the price. $2500. I need this cash for a hardtail - you need this bike to show up people like me who can't ride well enough to deserve one!! :rolleyes:
  3. Alpha-J

Don't pass up this chance to get your hands on an Ellsworth - they are increasingly hard to come by in Australia. The 'Moment' is rapidly becoming their flagship model. Build it up to be an all mountain trail killer, pop the travel to 160mm and enjoy the downhill, or go all out light and still...
  4. Alpha-J

Post your 29er!

Congatulations on succumbing! Now just get out there and ride it some more - looks a little too clean!!
  5. Alpha-J

My new 29" build - thoughts on compatability?

Was looking at that TBSM Dynasys XT group deal actually (doesn't come with brakes). You read my mind! re WWW shopping - it might seem "pointless" to go on a full build project without injecting huge cash into it, but the build I am working off at the moment (mostly XT) is 'what I want' and...
  6. Alpha-J

Totally agree. I'll be purchasing frame and most likely fork from the LBS and bargaining them into a fit as well. You're right about some of them reacting well to the exchange rates but on the other hand there are some deals out there in the world wide web on components that you just can't beat...
  7. Alpha-J

Yes the 429 takes tapered steerers. Have a look at the link below and click on the 'model specs' tab - all of the pivot builds are running them. http://www.pivotcycles.com/bikes/detail/6
  8. Alpha-J

Thanks for the feedback - exactly the sort of stuff I needed to hear. Predicted that might be the case. Was looking at least 685mm. Have been running around 700mm bars (Dangerboys) for a while now and couldn't be without a wide bar. Totally take on board what you've all said about the...
  9. Alpha-J

Hi all, Am in the process of putting together a 29" build project and have come up with the following hypothetical list of componentry... Frame - Pivot Mach 429 Fork - Fox 32 TALAS 29 (15mm thru axle, tapered) Handlebars - Easton EA70 Grips - ODI Oury lock ons Stem - Thomson 4x Saddle...
  10. Alpha-J

Problem: Keep current 29er and go on holiday, or spend $8K on a new 29er

Probably the same guy who signs off on how it RIDES. Isn't always about the looks. Coming from an Ellsworth owner mind you :p
  11. Alpha-J

29er wheels

Thoughts on these bad boys? http://www.competitivecyclist.com/product-components/2010-easton-haven-disc-wheelset-29%22-6706.2561.0.html Was thinking of grabbing a set for my 29" build project.
  12. Alpha-J

Hold on (to) a Moment...

Naaah don't think so mate ;) Definately not this build for $6,800 anyway. I'm told they stock heaps of parts I'm thinking of putting on there though :rolleyes:
  13. Alpha-J

Hold on (to) a Moment...

I had an 07 model Enduro. The first major difference I noticed is pedalling: the suspension design is most definately superior because there is very little pedal bob even with the pro-pedal off. Then there are the weight reductions. I had a similar build on the Enduro but this thing feels...
  14. Alpha-J

Hold on (to) a Moment...

:o yeah I'd say 13kg is a bit ambitious! That was a very rough guess as its probably more 14-15ish. That said, others have built these frames to around 26lbs (which is just over 11.5kg).
  15. Alpha-J

DJ On-One Gimp HUGE MAKEOVER

Heck yes that looks sweet! Maybe some On-One representation would go down well...stickers maybe? Loving the white though. It looks so good on bikes
  16. Alpha-J

Hold on (to) a Moment...

Hi all, Finally got around to taking some pics of my new steed. I did away with the Specialized Enduro in the middle of last year to pursue some $$$ in the Air Force and buy an Ellsworth. Suffice to say when I hit home at the end of last year I dished out and got this: Frame - Ellsworth Moment...
  17. Alpha-J

My All Mountain MONSTER! (Enduro SL)

If only it was on the trail, bro! Its just not the same in the cul-de-sac :p
  18. Alpha-J

My Pimpin Reign x1

Not much with a broken collarbone! Baahahahaha You know I love ya Beno :D
  19. Alpha-J

My Pimpin Reign x1

Nice ride Beno...too bad about the collarbone cuz. Once that bad boy heals up I'm sure you'll smash that road gap; and by smash I mean break another bone :p
  20. Alpha-J

sold Enduro

This is sold, sold, sold!