Search results

1. T

Parks 2025: Southern Flinders Ranges- Melrose SA $10M

Thanks Rockmoose, 100% going 1000km in the wrong direction before heading to Qld isnt very logical. My wifes says how good could one ride be?? i think it could be, would be worth it ;) Have done the Indego epic already, didnt live up to the hype at all imo - fun trails but really no different...
  2. T

Parks 2025: Southern Flinders Ranges- Melrose SA $10M

Hey guys, appreciate the info already posted here and im absolutely hanging to get out to ride the new Epic trail. First week of Dec im heading from Melb to Qld with the caravan and with the announcement of the opening of this one im pondering taking a slight 1000km detour and going from Melb...
  3. T

Yarra Trails regulars

Its all posted on FB - Yarra mtb collective group. The OP’s instagram story is now gone but at the time it had plenty of photos. Bottom line yes, couple older folk caught red handed. The crazy lady has been identified and everything has been presented to the police. Boulie tacker - no idea. OP...
  4. T

Australia Post, I hate you!

The last items ive purchased from china took 2 months for delivery. They arrived in Australia within days of being sent (couple days apart). Then sat somewhere for a very long time, then oddly enough they we’re delivered. But the delivery info on the parcels say they were sent from someone with...
  5. T

Dt Swiss 3 Pawl drive ring tool.

Name your price!! The wheel im trying to upgrade is a 29er so thats good to hear, hopefully the 3 pawl drive ring will come out easier, deff dont want to break anything on it. Done a whole lot less km’s on it too vs the donor wheel.
  6. T

Haha, yeh im a bit pressy and this is still a chinese tool after all - granted a more expensive one said to be hardened high quality steel (and it is much beefier and heavier then the 2nd pos one i received inplace of the 3pawl one id ordered from a different seller). Still, i was beginning to...
  7. T

Ah sorry yes i did that too after trying with the big fooking shifter. Also tried some gentle-ish but sharp taps on the shifter under tension with the hammer seen on the benchtop. After that i tried soaking it in penetrine and set about seeing if i had any sort of sockets that i could get over...
  8. T

Most people seem to struggle getting these undone with even up to 3 people. Many tails of all sorts of failures, broken hubs, tools, vices, collapsed benches etc. First i tried much like how id remove a cassette, standing over upright wheel, one hand holding wheel from turning and other hand on...
  9. T

Deff like the sound of that hack, tho with the torque these lock rings are subjected to mtb riding i wouldnt expect a DT swiss drive ring to be undone with anything less then extreme force! The 3 pawl one even moreso because of the shape of the teeth on the drive ring, to undo it the teeth...
  10. T

He was asking on my behalf.
  11. T

Just wondering if there is anyone around Melb / SE Melbourne has the tool for removing the drive ring on the 3 pawl hubs (370etc?) could i rent, buy or loan it for an hour??? Im 2 months into this project and thought i was finally home, then China decided to dig the knife in a little deeper...
  12. T

Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

Sorry not sure why the photo’s have all been rotated upon uploading them!
  13. T

Little comparison between the V12, F20 and Vaults. I was expecting greater difference between the V12 and Vaults, probably due to the error’s in Specifications used by sellers online. I think some still use the dimensions from the Gen1 Vaults??? But then again id found other comments saying the...
  14. T

Oddjob - na i didnt know there was an issue with Hopes bearings, i purchased the full kits and the little machined down socket from some online bike store in England iirc. Again i was really just pissed off at the cost to buy all of the bits.
  15. T

Since my last post here and being pretty firmly in the camp of value for money why would anyone buy anything other some mag V12’s ive tried something i didnt think i ever would. Before covid destroyed everything i was privileged to be towed down the new descent at lake mountain at warp speed...
  16. T

29er Tyre Thread

I just put some Rekon 2.6” 3C EXO+ tires on my Instinct BC. While im still pretty pissed off having discovered that the actual width measurement of these tires is 2.4” (when i was really hoping to try something that was in the 2.6 range) so far they have perform beautifully, plenty of grip...
  17. T

Who rides alone ?

Id probably ride alone 80% of the time. I try to get out 2-3 times during the week at night once the wife and kids have gone to bed. Ive always been a night person so very much prefer riding alone at night when everyone else is in bed. Well, i mean id happily head out with one or two others...
  18. T

When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

First mtb as kid was a $250 malvern star renegade. Then a $500 dodsun, eventually ponied up for some $400-500 Manitou forks for it when i started racing. When i was about 17 i got my first personal loan from a bank and bought a $5000 hardtail to race DH on. That was in 1998. Pretty sure i got...
  19. T

100%. If pedals are going to need replacing every couple years seriously no way i could go passed the DMR V12’s. Yep, think i payed 70ish per pair for my 2 new mag sets... WTF even the cheapest alloy Vaults with steel axles are over double the price and they look ugly ;) Im deff a lil bias tho...
  20. T

Had the Hope F20’s for a year / 3000km and one of the pedals started clicking. Had to spend what the pedals cost me to get a rebuild kit and the machined down socket to fit the nut inside the pedals. rebuilding was a royal pain in the arse, discovered the big easy-out trick to removing the old...