Search results

1. J

29er wheels

Has anyone been running the new 2014 Mavic XM 819 rims for my Cube Reaction 29er. Looking at getting a set made up with Hope hubs.
  2. J

Old Magazines

Hi Just wanting to know what you do with your old magazines once you have read them. I have stack of 50-60 magazines. I have switched to reading them on the IPad now.
  3. J

Post your 29er!

My new 2014 Cube Reaction GTC SL 29 I have only had it for 4 day and loving it. SPECIFICATIONS Colour: black`n`grey`n`white Frame: GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology, 29 ARG Size: 19" Fork: Fox 32 Float CTD FIT, QR15, 100mm Headset: FSA Orbit I-t-R integrated, top 1 1/8", bottom 1 1/2...
  4. J

Buying a bike from an interstate bike shop

I am looking at a Cube Reaction 29er hardtail. I will have to go into one of the local shops about this.
  5. J

I suppose there wouldn't be. I would just be at my expense to sent it back to the shop I bought it from.
  6. J

Hi I am looking to buy a new bike from an interstate bike shop (Melbourne) as they don't stock them in Tassie. I would fly over and collect it. Would there be any problems with the warranty etc. Just wanting to know if any has done this before and your good or bad experiences.
  7. J

XC Build Thread Cube AMS 100 HPC RACE (New almost Finished PICS)

Sweet. Looking at getting a cube 29er soon.
  8. J

Nice rig at the top of photo. Which what model is that bike?
  9. J

Which bicycle superstore is best to get in contact with him?
  10. J

Selling your old bike to upgrade

I am looking to sell my bike to finance it for a new bike. I have a few questions Do you guys advertise it on Ebay, Bike exchange, Rotorburn etc..., to sell it? Do you try and sell the old one first and then buy or buy first and then sell? I noticed a few bike shops offer interest free on...
  11. J

How do you wash you bike?

For a quick clean I found baby wipes work quite well in cleaning the bike. Only use them on the frame not drivetrain.
  12. J

Any chance you can give us his details? I have got a 2010 cube AMS pro. Maybe looking to upgrade. How much roughly for the frame you purchased?
  13. J

Mt Wellington North South Trail

Most of that footage was from the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park end. Only a small amount from the middle section. Good vid. Great riding. How lucky we are to have it on our backdoor step.
  14. J

Question for the Tassie folk

If you can get a lift to the Springs on the mountain you could ride the North-South track all the way to the Glenorchy Mtb Park. Then you could either ride back the same way you came from or head out on the road along the bike track back to the city.
  15. J

How long to get an MTBA race licence?

Renewed my MTBA membership on the 16th July 2011 and received my card today 21st July 2011. I am surprised how quickly it arrived after reading all the posts on this topic.
  16. J

L'officiel Le Tour 2011 Thread!

If you have an iphone. Download the SBS Tour De France App. They have live streaming from the start of the stage.
  17. J

Chain coming off lower jockey wheel

I seem to be having a problem with my chain coming off the lower jockey wheel? The chain goes between the jockey wheel and the cage whilst I am still peddling. Only happens when in the small chainring on front and small ring on cassette. I only replaced the chain a week ago due to my gears...
  18. J

Frame sizes

Thanks for the info guys. I did have a look at the geometry. There was not much difference at all. I think I may go for the 20inch
  19. J

Frame sizes

I am looking to buy a Cube bike off the net. My problem is that I am not sure what size. I am currently riding a Trek hardtail in an 18.5 inch. Cube only make there bikes in 18 or 20 inch. So do it get the 20 inch and it maybe to big or do I get the 18 inch and find that it is to small. Would...
  20. J

Garmin 705

How did you find the battery life of the Garmin 705 for 24hr races. Does it last the distance? I thought they only lasted for around 15hrs.