Search results

1. ashes_mtb

Rotator Cuff Torn

That explains why the three I had into a tendon for another shoulder injury about 18 years ago did absolutely nothing. Doesn’t bode well. Not sure until I see the Dr. The shoulder injury I mentioned above required either CT or MRI scan with a contrast injected into the shoulder. Was...
  2. ashes_mtb

Rotator Cuff Torn

I’ve just developed frozen shoulder from a fairly innocuous should strain and am waiting on the cortizone. Been told to expect 12-36 months for recovery with 18 months about the average.
  3. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

Hope not; I’ve been using them to massage my sphincter.
  4. ashes_mtb

What might have been......

My coping mechanism is to imagine the worst case scenario. Yes, I could be an Apple multi-millionaire, but then I might have bought some high powered car and written myself off or had a heart attack following a hookers and blow binge. Better choices don’t guarantee a better outcome.
  5. ashes_mtb

I don’t think so. Obviously was pretty sad, she was a great girl.
  6. ashes_mtb

Not really a what could have been for me, but more for someone else. Met a cool canadian girl when travelling about 25 years ago. Stayed in contact after I got back and she was going to come over to Perth but I wasn’t sure I was as keen as she was and thought it best to be honest about it...
  7. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

Had not heard that. Sat in one last week and it reminded me of mid-2000’s Hyundai, just not there yet with finish and the screen performance is way off BYD (pretty critical given how much you need it). Seems to be quite a few reasonably common issues with them (warped under body panels...
  8. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

I’m waiting on a Seal. Bought the Mrs an Atto3 last year and was impressed enough by it that I ordered pretty much straight away.
  9. ashes_mtb

Bought shares in some company called Apple back in the early 2000’s. They weren’t really performing so thankfully I sold them for a minor loss before they really tanked.
  10. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

Haven’t been online in ages and missed all this. Not sure they have much choice by the sounds of it, but if they’re going to replace it that is about the best you can hope for from a car company. Would be a step above some that have gone all the way to court trying to avoid taking ownership...
  11. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

Yeah, would love to hear more. How many k’s is your commute? I’ve seen a few stories of the BMS being a bit unreliable below 10%. Apparently you’re supposed to calibrate it and balance the batteries every 3 months by running it below 10% and then charging to 100%
  12. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

So went to BYD to check out a Seal in person today. Took about 3sec of sitting in it to make my decision. At my size (193cm, 105kg) it is comfier than the Atto 3. Seat goes back further than I need (Atto is probably a few cm short of preferred for me), and the seats are a little wider...
  13. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

I rate my wife’s Atto 3. Seems well built, has plenty of power for the driving we do, is quiet and comfortable. The Seal is all that, but a 50/50 balanced rear wheel drive sedan v a front wheel drive SUV. If it wasn’t for the uncertainty over when a tow ball might be available, plus the...
  14. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

@indica how’s the Seal going? How do you find the ground clearance with kerbs, speed bumps etc? Have to wait for sometime in March for the Seal (and longer for a tow ball to become available). Weighing up the model I really want v the Atto 3 which might be a bit more practical for carrying...
  15. ashes_mtb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Trying to work out whether a Hawaiian shirt would be better or worse than the 15yr old golf club shirt I was wearing.
  16. ashes_mtb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Early 45km river spin this morning before it gets too hot. PS - Roadies are still dickheads.
  17. ashes_mtb

Strange encounters on the trails

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/lifestyle/runner-encounters-nightmarcher-demon-in-hawaii-rainforest/
  18. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

I wouldn’t hesitate if I was offered a Yangwang: https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/byds-new-luxury-sedan-guns-for-porsche-with-over-745kw
  19. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

I’d dominate!
  20. ashes_mtb

Electric Vehicles etc

More fun seeing if they can hang on while I’m busting sick airs.