Search results

1. Isildur

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Cheers, that's very good news!
  2. Isildur

So, I've ordered a bunch of mechanical Shimano gear from Ali, usually from Delic Bike Store, and so far has really good results. Has anyone ordered Shimano brakes, like M7100, M8100 or M8120? They're basically a full set for a price of a single end locally, so I'm considering taking the...
  3. Isildur

Sold Hope Pro4 hubset boost 32h silver 6 bolts

Cheers mate. Sorry to say, I found a set with microspline for about the same, saves me a freehub swap over. Good luck with the sale though!
  4. Isildur

Sold Curve GMX+ Steel -Large (Frame+carbon fork+headset)

Phew! It's not an XM size! These have been on my radar for a while now, such a tidy frame. But Out of interest,do you know the weight of the frame / fork?
  5. Isildur

Sold Hope Pro4 hubset boost 32h silver 6 bolts

Hi Mate, still available by any chance?
  6. Isildur

The Brig

Yeah, I've got a one bike that still has an original X01 Eagle cassette (10-50t) and while they used to be worth the price for longevity, not so much any more. 12sp Shimano Cassettes are super cheap comparably, even cheaper on Ali, and even factoring in the hub driver change, you're still ahead...
  7. Isildur

The Brig

Insta tells me the 1299 cassette is in stock if anyone needs one.
  8. Isildur

The Brig

Nah, I don't think so. I've been to their wheel building warehouse / workshop, and seen the bits of grey import stuff. I honestly reckon just a case of bad website setup.
  9. Isildur

Yep, the go to Delic Bike Store has a full Deore set for about 120 or so, or about 90 with a 4100 series derailleur...
  10. Isildur

It'll be interesting to see how the chain & cassette go, decent deal on the shifter & derailleur though.
  11. Isildur

The Brig

My guess is that with the new website, "stock levels" weren't actually a thing considered, so the brakes were probably oversold a few times before they realised, now they're chasing to get the stock for you. Especially at the price, they would have sold fairly quickly.
  12. Isildur

The Brig

Definitely grey imports, but they've never been shy of telling their customers that. I've had a few mates buy things from them, and the promise of support is always there.
  13. Isildur

Bargain buys thread

Well, not quite a bargain buy, but according to them it is! Had to chuckle and I figured here is the best place to post it: So I'm gathering they mean World Cup quality bearings at higher prices?
  14. Isildur

Newly Released Bikes General

And yet, I wonder if they're still using the "Slipfit" linkages... I've got 2 friends who have current mdoel Switchblades with this "Feature"... Shitty tolerances dressed up as a feature. Literally the bearings can just fricken drop out, and it's a "feature to promote correct alignment when...
  15. Isildur

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Because the Newscorp papers told they wanted it, therefore they did.
  16. Isildur

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Thank you. I needed that. Even though it did get me caught browsing RB at work due to some very loud chuckles! Especially this one:
  17. Isildur

Search within thread

Ah, obviously I've had one too many knocks to the head, combined with trying to find this while actually working ;) Cheers, thanks for the heads up on the quick access context menu for "this thread". That shouldhelp me find what I was after.
  18. Isildur

Search within thread

Hi All, I was wondering if the system has the ability to allow searching within a thread? I've had a decent look around the functions but can't seem to see anything that allows it. If it is possible, that would be a fantastic addition to search specifics within some of the mega threads we have...
  19. Isildur

Bargain buys thread

Bugger, black ones out of stock already.
  20. Isildur

Confessions from the fuckwits

True, very true. Maybe Poods was suggesting Deep Heat wasn't enough for his nipples? Ah, unless he's not talking about his own nipples, and he subjected his significant other to the nipple warming, which if done unitentionally could cause some grief.