Search results

1. Coopz

Fixable?

F it, I've glued it up, take it for a test ride tomorrow evening, yolo..
  2. Coopz

Fixable?

Brand new tyre, only done 25k, go through a rock garden and notice this after I get home.. No leaks but is there anyway to glue or repair it? Or play it safe and chuck it..?
  3. Coopz

Confessions from the fuckwits

I loathe haggling in person. Selling my wife's mountain bike last year, asking $700, women messages me, asks a few questions then said the bike sounds perfect and she will buy it. Comes around that evening with her dad, inspects bike, says it's good then asks if I'll take $400, I say I thought...
  4. Coopz

Confessions from the fuckwits

Not sure if this belongs here but my riding mate wanted a full face helmet, he saw a Troy Lee downhill lid, 'new, boxed, unused' on marketplace in his size. $150 less than retail. He organised a visit to the sellers house. He said the guy selling it opens the door and gives him the helmet box to...
  5. Coopz

Strange encounters on the trails

Last month about 8.30pm I was riding my XC bike through a local scrub forest, in the middle there is a big plantation of pine trees, I think it's called 'The Magic Forest'. I stopped for a drink and a breather, I looked in the middle vacant area, there were about 6 schoolgirls sitting in a...
  6. Coopz

2.5 year old new bike still OK?

Bought it from Mitcham Cycles. I think they had one left at that price.
  7. Coopz

I bought it, fucking liking it as well=) I thought you had to charge them everytime you ride them but after the initial charge and 3 20k rides through the trails it's still on 60% battery. I feel using boost mode is cheating though..
  8. Coopz

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

I'm sure 80% of Australians couldn't find Denmark on the map even if it was on fire..
  9. Coopz

Tasmania to Subsidise E-Bike Purchases

Good thing they are not really part of Australia.
  10. Coopz

It's a teal blue with black forks
  11. Coopz

$5500 for the 2021. The 2023 model is $6200.
  12. Coopz

Hey I was in the process of buying a 2023 Merida Eone 60 500 from a local shop. It was on special but I just had some hesitation as it had a Rockshox Gold fork and I had one of them on my XC bike years ago and remember it was nothing really special.. OK for dirt but shitty on the rough stuff...
  13. Coopz

Buying a e-bike online, risky?

Well I went to 3 LBS yesterday, first 2 didn't have a great deal of the sub 8k stuff. The last one had a Merida eOne-Sixty 500 on special, they also knocked another $500 off. It has mediocre forks and a few other barely mid level components but it will probably suit my more self preservation...
  14. Coopz

I'm still peeved I missed out on buying one a few months ago when they were $4900....
  15. Coopz

That's a good deal, I just need a XL size as I'm Big n boofy.
  16. Coopz

I've spent the last few weeks researching a decent entry level dualie. My budget is under 6k, 5k ideal, I can spend more (if it was a bargin) but I just can't warrant the costs of the higher end stuff. I'm always going to have the mindset 'it's a fricken push bike with a battery and motor'...
  17. Coopz

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

Meh. people spending 3+k on a drop bar road bike with wider tyres. Here's my gravel bike, Shimano Tourney and Altus gears (12 years old, zero issues), rim brakes, 35c tyres and wider bars. I thrash the shit out of it and it never misses a beat. Paid $200 for it.
  18. Coopz

Wheel Wobble

I thought this was the problem, as they were getting a bit worn I swapped them out but the brand new tyres have the same issue. They seem to be well seated.
  19. Coopz

Wheel Wobble

I have a older Specialized XC and both wheels have a weird vertical wobbly, like they bob up and down, not visually but you can feel it through the bike. The tyres were replaced and the wheels are in line with no vertical or horizontal movement. The bearings seem OK as both wheels spin freely...
  20. Coopz

504w battery and STEPS E7000 motor OK for big rider?

Good luck with that's, she's a redhead.. Might have to stretch the budget with some covert savings. The only way I'll get a descent Emtb is if I sell my motor bike as well... (which costs as much as a bicycle with a battery)