Search results

1. maxwolfie

Need assistance with sizing - rider measurements and bike geometry within

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp#results Actual Inseam 86 Cm Trunk 70 Cm Forearm 37 Cm Arm 68 Cm Thigh 63 Cm Lower Leg 58 Cm Sternal Notch 158 Cm Total Height 189 Cm The Eddy Fit: Top Tube Length 57.3 - 57.7 Cm Seat Tube Range CC 56.9 - 57.4 Cm Seat Tube...
  2. maxwolfie

My fellow lycra-clad weenies - Road bike sub $1,500

New only please Show me what you got
  3. maxwolfie

RS XC30 fork - Lockout question

Hi yall I am wondering if any possible fork damage may be caused by trying to turn the Lockout control from off to past what I now know is actually “on”? Basically there is about 1/3 of slack which I now realise turns Lockout from off to as-much-on-as-it-will. The point “past” off feels like a...
  4. maxwolfie

Downhill - The movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3684500/
  5. maxwolfie

Baby seats!!!!!11one Awesome/interesting thread!! Life changing discussion within

Warning - boring stuff ahead for most readers: I am after a front mounted baby seat. I have been researching for a couple of weeks, and I have come to a bit of a fork in the road. My two options basically whittle down to one of two categories: 1.) Seat mounted to steerer/stem - seat turns when...
  6. maxwolfie

Rust prevention for steel frames

Greetings fellow Rotoberians I have recently acquired a new steel hardtail mountain bike to get my fat ass back into riding. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for "preventative maintenance" in regards to rust prevention. I live within 5-6kms from the ocean and I am riding literally...
  7. maxwolfie

Popular/common AM HT's

Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at some of the PYR threads already. I am asking so I can use the models as keywords on Gumtree, Ebay etc as I am looking at buying one :) The more readily available/cheaper etc the better. EDIT: Been...
  8. maxwolfie

Quicklink for Shimano chain CN-6701? (Roadie)

Need a quicklink to fit this 10sp chain, if someone can post a model etc? Failing that, is pin replacement on Shimano chains a pain? I've only ever done SRAM. (It's on a roadie)
  9. maxwolfie

NSW Cheap 24" BMX

Item: 24" BMX Location: Within 500kms of Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: Not much, I'm not expecting much. Under $150-$200? Extra Info: Can pick up
  10. maxwolfie

SOLD!! GripSport Downhill bike Carrier 2-bike

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. maxwolfie

NSW Sold

Sold!!!!!!!!!
  12. maxwolfie

Lyrik Coil reducing travel by itself on bumpy rides

I have a new Lyrik coil fork, if I set the travel to 160mm sometimes it will wind itself down to 145-150mm travel on bumpy tracks (I.e. Thredbo in this case). Any suggestions? Generally the knob will actually turn itself a few clicks, up to one full revolution in one case, but no more. The fork...
  13. maxwolfie

Differentiating between year models for Fox forks

I'm about to horde out a load of bike crap to you Farkers that has been laying around (Via garage sale thread). I have some Fox Forks which I believe are either '09 or '10. They are Fox 32 TALAS, FIT RL, white lowers. Is this enough info to determine the year?
  14. maxwolfie

Road cycling events in and around Sydney

Like the Gong Ride & Spring Cycle etc.. What else is there?
  15. maxwolfie

Ongoing lower back issues

I've had some very localised lower back pain for quite some time, and am now considering starting a Chiropractic plan for about 3 months to see if anything improves. X-rays and viewing my general posture front on and side on show some fairly glaringly obvious misalignments at the top of my legs...
  16. maxwolfie

Wheelset for AM use?

I have a Blur LT2 with XT hubs & rims and a Fox TALAS 32 fork, however I'm looking at buying a RS Lyrik fork (20mm TA) so I will need a 20mm hub to suit. Question is, should I stick with XT rim & 20mm XT hub to match the back, or is now a good time to invest in something more "AM" - I.e. I plan...
  17. maxwolfie

Recommend me an AM bike (160mm/6.5" - ish)

Toying with the idea of selling my Blur LT and buying a more AM-orientated bike (I.e. 160mm travel fork, at least 6.5" rear travel). Very similar to the old Reign X stance. It seems Giant has dropped the X from it's range though? Suggestions?
  18. maxwolfie

Jersey designers/printers

My company is looking to get into sponsored events etc, I am after a decent supplier of jerseys (and possibly other marketing material, such as bottles etc.). At this stage the jerseys will just be for road riding use. To start with I'd say we'd be looking at up to 20 jerseys. Any suggestions?
  19. maxwolfie

Bike carrier that can hold XC bikes and roadies??

Need to carry two bikes, either two XC bikes (Blur LT and another XC bike) or two roadies (Most likely an Argon Krypton and a Merida Juliet) Also something that I can take off easy and without being excessively heavy/obvious looking?? While the Grip Rack is great for DH bikes.. I don't have any...
  20. maxwolfie

Argon 18 Plutonium to Krypton

There's a killer deal at my LBS at the moment that is hard to pass up, a 2011 Argon 18 Krypton for $2000 AU (full Ultegra, Shimano RS30 wheelset), down from $3000. They are also going to chuck in a Garmin GPS, full "3D" bike fit and a set of bib shorts and a jersey. My current ride is a 2009...