Search results

1. maxwolfie

Welcome! An E biking area for E bikers and those interested in E Biking

What’s a good ebike up to $3500 for general use up to and including gravel, fire trails, single track etc?
  2. maxwolfie

Need assistance with sizing - rider measurements and bike geometry within

I haven’t sat on either yet but I will. I am just trying to have a better idea before going in. Regarding the 2011 Krypton, I think it was a combination of both the long reach and lower stack height.
  3. maxwolfie

Yes, so I figured... then I used Merida’s sizing calculator (click on the bike link). The calculator put me almost in the middle of Large. EDIT: This may help. The bike that I felt way too stretched out on (the Krypton) had a reach of 405 and a stack of 595. With this in mind I can either...
  4. maxwolfie

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp#results Actual Inseam 86 Cm Trunk 70 Cm Forearm 37 Cm Arm 68 Cm Thigh 63 Cm Lower Leg 58 Cm Sternal Notch 158 Cm Total Height 189 Cm The Eddy Fit: Top Tube Length 57.3 - 57.7 Cm Seat Tube Range CC 56.9 - 57.4 Cm Seat Tube...
  5. maxwolfie

My fellow lycra-clad weenies - Road bike sub $1,500

Here’s an updated wishlist for an endurance/all rounder road bike up to $2k, disc brakes preferred. Bikes Trek Emonda ALR 5 Disc - 105 Alloy Disc Scott Speedster 10 Disc - 105 Alloy Disc Scott Addict 20 Disc - 105 Carbon Disc Giant Contend AR 1 - 105 Alloy Disc (All Rounder) wider tyre...
  6. maxwolfie

Probably not aggressive. I went from an Argon 18 Plutonium to a Krypton and preferred the Plutonium. No idea about tyre clearance. I’ve never had a disc brake roadie before. Sounds good?
  7. maxwolfie

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. I am after brand/model suggestions within budget. Usage will be road-only training rides, initially likely to be up to 40km at a time but longer rides may happen further down the track.
  8. maxwolfie

New only please Show me what you got
  9. maxwolfie

RS XC30 fork - Lockout question

Yeah it’s working. I guess I was more just wondering about the mechanics behind it. Is the spring action caused by air or oil compression, or an actual spring of some sort?
  10. maxwolfie

RS XC30 fork - Lockout question

Hi yall I am wondering if any possible fork damage may be caused by trying to turn the Lockout control from off to past what I now know is actually “on”? Basically there is about 1/3 of slack which I now realise turns Lockout from off to as-much-on-as-it-will. The point “past” off feels like a...
  11. maxwolfie

Downhill - The movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3684500/
  12. maxwolfie

Baby seats!!!!!11one Awesome/interesting thread!! Life changing discussion within

Tried one, unfortunately not enough space between top of my TT and bottom of my top headset cup. The bracket requires about 10-15mm and I had less than 10mm. Otherwise it was promising, shame. See above :) Hmm.. thanks. I only have about 15mm worth of spacer on my steerer, so not much...
  13. maxwolfie

Baby seats!!!!!11one Awesome/interesting thread!! Life changing discussion within

Warning - boring stuff ahead for most readers: I am after a front mounted baby seat. I have been researching for a couple of weeks, and I have come to a bit of a fork in the road. My two options basically whittle down to one of two categories: 1.) Seat mounted to steerer/stem - seat turns when...
  14. maxwolfie

Rust prevention for steel frames

Greetings fellow Rotoberians I have recently acquired a new steel hardtail mountain bike to get my fat ass back into riding. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for "preventative maintenance" in regards to rust prevention. I live within 5-6kms from the ocean and I am riding literally...
  15. maxwolfie

Popular/common AM HT's

Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at some of the PYR threads already. I am asking so I can use the models as keywords on Gumtree, Ebay etc as I am looking at buying one :) The more readily available/cheaper etc the better. EDIT: Been...
  16. maxwolfie

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

Hi all, I am wondering what the most popular frames are - I've got a few ideas by looking at this thread already. I am asking so I can use the models as keywords on Gumtree, Ebay etc as I am looking at buying one :)
  17. maxwolfie

Quicklink for Shimano chain CN-6701? (Roadie)

Need a quicklink to fit this 10sp chain, if someone can post a model etc? Failing that, is pin replacement on Shimano chains a pain? I've only ever done SRAM. (It's on a roadie)
  18. maxwolfie

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Chalkie (or any other knowledgeable souls), I sort of go in and out of weightlifting/cardio phases as the seasons go around, but I'd really like to just start some sort of Crossfit-inspired all-year-round workout that I can do at home with kettlebells, skipping ropes, my road bike, my running...
  19. maxwolfie

WTSFLC Ride Thread.

Sam you got any dodgy BMX's for sale? lol
  20. maxwolfie

NSW Cheap 24" BMX

Item: 24" BMX Location: Within 500kms of Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: Not much, I'm not expecting much. Under $150-$200? Extra Info: Can pick up