Search results

1. B

narrow wide long term reviews (please) for 1x10

you're a douche bag moorey. i'm aussie by the way. have fun being creative in your comeback and thinking you're the king of the internet forums, i'll be out riding my bike.
  2. B

my "argument"? dude, who's arguing? settle down bud edit: check out my original post in this thread and tell me if you think i'm trying to start an argument. hope is a great company and i never bagged them once. i've met the owners and engineers and they are awesome. geez! can't even say...
  3. B

Biggest jump, gap, drop or whatever photos!

Jono, that pic of Duane Johnson doesn't do it any justice. You have to hit that step up faster than any other jump on Whistler mountain, including Crabapple
  4. B

Biggest jump, gap, drop or whatever photos!

sorry for the poor quality
  5. B

Let's not go nuts, 95% of bicycle products are still made in Asian countries. I'm not saying the quality isn't there either, I just think it's good to support companies from countries that actually support the sport.
  6. B

wow i'm really surprised that blackspire hasn't been mentioned much in this thread. they're one of the few brands that actually make their own products in house (Vancouver, BC) as opposed to outsourcing the work to taiwan, and they've been in business for longer than any of their competitors...
  7. B

Searching, searching.... chainguide

http://www.blackspire.com/EINFACHX Comes in BB mount, ISCG, ISCG05, Direct mount, or E type http://www.blackspire.com/TrailX-Guide Same as the EINFACHX except it has a bash gaurd underneath to protect the chain rings. All made in Canada, not Taiwan, like 99% of other products.
  8. B

Hope tech 3 v4 vs magura mt7

I've worked on both a lot as a mechanic. The quality of the Hope brakes puts them in another league to the Maguras. Plus the Maguras are a pain in the butt to bleed.
  9. B

Hope tech 3 v4 vs magura mt7

hope, hands down
  10. B

10mm steerer spacer too much?

He said on top, not below the stem. On top isn't going to cause any flex, it's just going to stick up a little. Depends how much it bothers you, but I usually run a 5mm or 10mm spacer on the top in case I change stems, change my settings, and also keeping in mind for reasale.
  11. B

1x10 without a chainguide

Hoped some people might appreciate that. Just 3d printed, not milled. We're just playing around with some different top guide designs to accommodate chainrings such as the 30 tooth where the spider arms on the M785 crank interfere with the standard guide, which normally stops you from being able...
  12. B

oops. still thought it was worth sharing
  13. B

check this out...
  14. B

2014 Kona Explosif

Yes it's a 17" frame. Changing the stem out dramatically changed the way the bike felt to me. Obviously it's personal preference, but for me whenever I got the wheels off the ground when the bike was stock, I would come down front heavy. The longer stem just seemed to place me too far forward on...
  15. B

2014 Kona Explosif

Hey everyone, here's my new trail bike, a 2014 Kona Explosif. I've been trying for ages to get myself a new 2015 model 6" dual suspension bike like a Process 153, or a new carbon Reign, or something along those lines, but none of those bikes will be available until around January because the...
  16. B

positive help for bleeding xo trails

avid makes some really good brakes, especially xo trails. they just need to be set up correctly and unfortunately the instructions aren't always the best and don't cover everything. i bleed all sorts of avid brakes on a regular basis with lots of success. have you got them sorted yet?
  17. B

front axle play in 20mm hub

i've had this problem plenty of times in the bike shop with new hubs, and when replacing bearings on old hubs. remove the bearing caps, and give the bearings a tap on the outer race with a punch. give it a few good hits to ensure it's home, then put it all back together.
  18. B

Chromag Stylus

thanks buddy, these frames are also handmade in squamish, about half an hour out of whistler, which i thought was pretty cool. there's some great attention to detail in the frame construction too. not sure about getting them in australia, but i imagine there would have to be a chromag...
  19. B

Chromag Stylus

thanks mate. i'm pretty keen to install my stealth reverb on this bike, i can't stand externally routed dropper posts and i also happen to have a stealth lying around from my last bike. i was chatting to one of the guys from chromag the other day and he's also drilled his seat tube on his...
  20. B

Chromag Stylus

hey farkiner's, don't usually post my bikes but thought some of you might be interested in this one. 2014 chromag stylus, quite different to previous stylus'. always wanted to try an all mountain hardtail so we'll see how it goes. it'll mainly be used for riding the north shore here in...