Search results

1. Carlin

Sydney-Gosford Classic 10 April 2011

Sydney to the 'Gong is soft. So dig deep, no winging 'there are too many hills'. We're going to ride North through bike paths, back roads and the Lane Cove and Kuringai 'forests'. This ride to be roughly 115km. There are some tricky bits to navigate at the beginning. Once we hit Bobbin Head...
  2. Carlin

Confessions of a bike addict: The "Blute"

I have an Ebay habit like a problem gambler. I'm also a serial bike builder. I can't help it, but there are worse addictions/obsessions to have. Anyway, when a freshly powder coated lugged road frame popped up in my size I couldn't help myself. The new paint probably hides a multitude of sins...
  3. Carlin

Stripes

The discussion in the Roadies v. Mountain bikers hate thread has dragged up the old topic of the World Champion stripes. I thought I might start a thread over here in the more civilised road and track forum to ask some questions. So it's not considered the 'thing to do' to wear the rainbow...
  4. Carlin

NSW Found

[edit]Found. Thanks for the advice Scooby :)
  5. Carlin

Merry Farkin [Sydney] Christmas at Squire's

If anyone can decipher that heading, it says: Time for the annual 'Farkin Christmas Drinks' at James Squire's again Tuesday 23 December from 6:00pm Meet at Martin Place Christmas tree at 6:00, then cruise to the James Squire's micro brewery at King Street wharf. Super easy ride...
  6. Carlin

sold

Item: Retro Scott Mountain bike frame, probably mid 90s Location: Local Pickup Neutral Bay Sydney ONLY -No postage, no messing around. Item Condition: I can't get the bolt to move on the quill stem, maybe you can. One of the dust seals on the Bottom Bracket is damaged. Reason for selling...
  7. Carlin

26 inch 36 hole rims

Item: 2x rims, 26 inch, 36 hole, rim brake compatible Location: Sydney only please Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $50, hopefully less Extra Info: Looking for a cheap set of rims here. Something like some old Mavic 221s or old Araya rims would be great, but anything more at the XC end of...
  8. Carlin

WTB: Commuting parts, 7/8 speed shifter and derailleur

Hi, Wanted to buy Item: Shimano 7/8 speed shifter. Location: Sydney Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: $10 depending on item. Item: Shimano 7/8 speed rear derailleur, road or mountain-bike. Location: Sydney Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: $10...
  9. Carlin

Does bad luck come in threes?

After 10 years of changing my own tyres I have never blown a tyre off a rim. Untill this week. Three times! Just blasted 120 psi less than one meter from my ear. This is both on the roadie and the MTB :o
  10. Carlin

Vintage disc brake caliper?

I was cruising Ebay and I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VINTAGE-SHIMANO-CABLE-DISC-BRAKE-CALIPER_W0QQitemZ200175236419QQihZ010QQcategoryZ58082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Does anyone know what this is or how old it is? I am thinking maybe it is not a mountainbike part. Maybe it...
  11. Carlin

Klunkerz at the BFF SYD

Saturday December 1; 7:30. www.bicyclefilmfestival.com Who is going? Anyone out there got some retro/SS bikes to ride there?
  12. Carlin

Atomlab GI stem and bars $40 Sold

Item: Atomlab GI Stem 55mm, and Atomlab GI Steel bars 2 inch rise. Location: Neutral Bay, Sydney. Reason for selling: I need more room in my flat. Price and price conditions: $40 Extra Info: The stem is 55mm long and has a low stack height. The bars have had about 2cm cut of...
  13. Carlin

NS Suburban frame, 2006, Black, Sold

Item: 2006 NS Suburban Frame- Black. Location: Neutral Bay, Sydney. Item Condition: Very good, has seen little riding. Reason for selling: I have hardly ridden the bike in the past year. Price and price conditions: $400. Extra Info: This frame really is in...
  14. Carlin

Breakfast Ride 4/8 Sydney

7:00am Martin Place GPO. Bring your thermals. Ride to a mystery location and return for breakfast. P.S. Pyrmont markets are on this week. Sorry for the late notice.
  15. Carlin

Le Tour de Sydeny Sunday 29 July

To celebrate the final stages of Le Tour de France I present Le Tour de Sydeny [sic]. A social stage based ride around Sydney's East, South, West and North. Stage 1: 10:00-10:30 Martin Place to Centennial Park A short warm up. Riders will depart Martin Place GPO and follow Oxford Street...
  16. Carlin

DMR Chain Tugs?

Hi, Is any one running the Dmr chain tugs without the hanger. If so do these have an indent that sits inside a frames horizontal dropouts like the hanger version? In other words, can you run them with a quick release? (I have checked the DMR site and the photos are not clear)...
  17. Carlin

Raceline Rhino 20" Frame, Sold

Item: Raceline Rhino mod trials frame and fork 20" and parts, stem, wheels tyres, cranks, freewheel, chainring, handlebars. Location: Sydney, Pickup can be arranged between the CBD and Northern Beaches. I WILL NOT Post Item Condition: Poor, See extra info. Reason for selling: I'm too...
  18. Carlin

Sunday 24th Fixed/SS/Cyclocross Ride?

Seeing as though the Oaks is off, is anyone keen on an alternative ride? Manly Dam is too wet, and I can't be bothered going further afield in the Blue Mountains, so how about something Sydney based on the road? Especially as so many were going to bring out the cyclocrossers anyway. Any...
  19. Carlin

Thursday fixie/ss Ride. 14/6 Sydney

Fixie/SS ride Thursday 14/6 5:15 Queens Square Gears are ok if you bring a single speed attitude. May end up somewhere for beer. Cruisy pace
  20. Carlin

7 speed road wheelset

What: Old 7 speed road wheelset with thread for screw on cassette 700c. Price range/Willing to Pay: $50ish depending on what you have. Will pay more for some good quality parts. Location: Sydney only please as I do not want to pay postage. Extra Info: 32 spokes would be great, it is for...