Search results

1. LQQK

You laugh you lose

Oh Bugger!
  2. LQQK

Solar... who's clued in?

Out of interest, how much power does your energy provider allow you to export back into the grid? I have an 8.1KW system, with a 6kw inverter, often it shows it's producing 6kw for most of the day. The reason I didn't get a bigger system, is that my energy provider (Ergon) only allows a maximum...
  3. LQQK

What are you listening to NOW?

I’ve been a fan of Baby Metal for a while now, especially Gimme Chocolate! I just stumbled across the J-Pop death metal band LadyBeard (formally LadyBaby). They do things differently in Japan (bit of an understatement). The lead singer is a cross-dressing Aussie wrestler!
  4. LQQK

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Looks like polio is making an appearance in New York, hopefully not doing a world tour. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/21/health/new-york-polio/index.html I wonder what cure the anti-science death cult proponents will push?
  5. LQQK

For a second I thought it was a new album out by Consolidated called Toe to Toe. A bit like the reviewer that asked ‘Why did the Dalai Lama bring out a single, and why is it about Damien Lovelock”? www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKgvEMpzonM Anyway back to Consolidated, a favourite back in the day -...
  6. LQQK

Ooops yes it was a typo - seriously :rolleyes:
  7. LQQK

How about this for a treat... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-30/james-blunt-jokes-release-new-music-spotify-joe-rogan-podcast/100790916
  8. LQQK

The last movie you've last watched last

David Fincher’s 1999 Fight Club is at the centre of a social media firestorm in China after a new version of it replaced the original ending with a terse message saying all criminals were apprehended and the authorities triumphed...
  9. LQQK

Your dark past.

The way I ended up working for Abe sounds a bit like a Les Norton script ;)
  10. LQQK

Your dark past.

For a while I worked as Abe Saffron’s gardener. Somewhere I have a short hand written reference from Doreen (his wife). I was leaving to do the backpacking thing in the U.S., Doreen said if I needed work to contact her son in L.A. (which unfortunately I never did contact him).
  11. LQQK

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

When Muldoon was asked about all the Kiwis moving to Australia, he said "It raised the IQ in both countries".
  12. LQQK

My new favourite song of the week
  13. LQQK

Question for the technically minded - VPN and data protection

Looks like they have delayed to whole log-on thing. We had initially intended to roll out mandatory log-ins across July and August but have decided to slow things down … It is our intention to introduce mandatory logins for ABC iview by the end of the year...
  14. LQQK

I just stumbled across and binge watched this great show called We are Lady Parts, it’s about a female Muslim punk band. At only 6 short episodes I can highly recommend it.
  15. LQQK

This one is my current favourite and is on high rotation...
  16. LQQK

Oh wow, I always thought Pablo Picasso was a song by Burning Sensations (from the Repo Man sound track). And on the subject of Repo Man, I had to listen to my favourite song from the move When The Shit Hits The Fan, by Circle Jerks.
  17. LQQK

What a great song, and the story behind it is even better. This is originally a Skrewdriver song (Voice of Britain) and a bit of an anthem for white supremacists. Now Negro Terror own it!
  18. LQQK

Mountain Biking Australia Magazine is finished. Thoughts?

It's a bit like hearing some soap-actor from the ‘70s has died, and you think “were they still alive‽”
  19. LQQK

Climate change - what can we do?

Watch this video by John Cadogan, it explained it in a way that even I could understand.
  20. LQQK

You laugh you lose

I think I'll give any meals made with 1080 a miss!