Search results

1. S

Chain skipping on 11t..

Looks like there may be a few bent teeth in the next cog up. This may be catching when back pedalling, looks like your RD keeps it far enough away to stop it catching when forward pedalling.
  2. S

FOX Talas 32 RLC rebuild (1st gen)

You can have this if you want, just pay post, also have a 32mm seal press.
  3. S

Generators, Batteries and Inverters

I put a 120AH AGM from Positive Batteries Cairns into a Kings Box. Battery was $260, I think they sell the Kings boxes for around $60. They have the 20A Projecta DCDC Chargers with MPPT solar input there as well for about $300 so you can hook this up to your car as well as a solar panel. Not...
  4. S

WA Found Fork fluids

Second the Mobil 1 for bath lube. I have used it twice now on my Diamonds and it shits on all the other Oils I have tried. I have tried the recommended weight 7.5 W Silkoline RSF Suspension oil, 10W sus oil, 30W Gear Oil, Fox 10W Sus Oil, and so far have had the smoothest feel and longest...
  5. S

Is there an alternative to FiveTen Freerider Pro?

This is me with my repaired 5 tens as well...the sika tears to easily and the stealth rubber holes just get bigger. Down to one pair now and not sold on the 2FO as they feel too high on the pedal, maybe not enough flex like the 5-10s. I will probably just get another pair of 5-10s if I can...
  6. S

DH Nationals 2021 Trail Build

Yep pretty much what happened. I was a Marshal Coordinator for this section and we had to wave Peaty down so he didn't land on old mate as he was on the ground pretty much where most riders were landing in the middle of the whoops. Walked Adams bike off track so someone could take it further...
  7. S

Fixed the holes in my Freerider Pros with some sikaflex they seem to be holding together so far, still use my other five tens for BMX as the pedal feel due to the thinner sole is much more stable. (amazing what a difference 5-10 mm makes) I wear the 2FOs daily now as an office shoe with after...
  8. S

Glue separation where the heel attaches the sole. About 10 months old. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  9. S

The thinner sole on the 5 Tens definitely gives better feel on the pedals. I got the 2FO's to replace warrantied Leatt's and to give me the chance to Sikaflex the holes in my 5 tens' to keep them going for a bit longer. They have actually surprised me with the level of grip on the sole...
  10. S

Selling for 205 at Pump'N'Pedals in Cairns, give them a call and see if they have any 48's. They will likely be willing to send them to you if they do.
  11. S

Follow up feedback on the Specialized 2FO's, grip so far seems as good as 5 Tens, used them at BMX yesterday on a wet race night and had zero issues with grip. They felt a bit higher than my 5 Tens on the pedal due to the thicker sole, and the suede finish on the uppers collected a lot of...
  12. S

Got myself a pair of 2FO's yesterday, haven't had a chance to try them properly but a quick pedal around my garage seems promising, there seems to be pretty good bite into the pedals, similar to 5 tens. The arch on these is higher than the five tens as well which seems to suit me better. Have...
  13. S

You got the SlipNot rubber ones? https://www.ambmag.com.au/news/specialized-release-the-2fo-roost-555745 Laces Flap in pic? Good they aren't covered in Specialized logos too.
  14. S

Could be just marketing BS but Pinkbike reviews and AMB reviews have them claiming they have 'cracked the code' and got rubber as good as 5.10 Stealth.
  15. S

I have 2 'just holding together' pairs of 5.10s and tried the Leatt Aaron Chase DBX3's hoping they would be a suitable replacement. The Rubber on the Leatt's seems to have good wear resistance at the expense of grip so far. The pins seem to bite a bit but then slip over the knobs in the tread...
  16. S

Build my wheel please

Should be right, most likely there is enough thread on the spoke to take up an extra couple of MM.
  17. S

Build my wheel please

I recently got some pillar triple butted spokes from them for a BMX Cruiser wheel build. http://www.dirtworksb2b.com.au/j-bend-psr-tb-2018-2.2-2.0-1.8-2.0-silver And they throw in some alloy nipples, or you could get brass ones for a bit more strength. I would get 3 sets of 292 and one set of 290mm
  18. S

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

It is 90% Technique and 10% brawn, my 1st time fitting Cushcore Pros to a Stans Flow EX3 27.5 took about half an hour, second one took ten minutes. Tyre removal to wash out old sealant and put fresh sealant in took 15 min. Watch the team yeti Cushcore vids for the easiest technique. But the...
  19. S

QLD Wangetti Trail (FNQ)

Yep gravel walkway, boardwalk and stairs, looking at what wagners have done previously. To be honest I am concerned the contract winner has no idea how much of a risk rain erosion is up here, I know they are using a Townsville based MTB Trail builder to assist but those guys have only built on...