Search results

1. T

You laugh you lose

I just had to stop reading these at work, that is one of the funniest things I've seen awhile.
  2. T

Stolen MTB's (GT Fury, Zaskar) and Roadies (Cannondale, Giant) Melbourne

Not one of mine Bicycle Superstore Hoppers Crossing, they run the Sat bunch ride out my way. I can check with them.
  3. T

Stolen MTB's (GT Fury, Zaskar) and Roadies (Cannondale, Giant) Melbourne

Hi All, I ride occassionly with a bunch that takes off Hoppers Bicycle store every Saturday. They've just emailed the group saying they had a break in Tues and the below were taken if you see them pop up. Moutain Bikes GT Fury 1.0 Downhill white GT Zaskar carbon team Silver with blue...
  4. T

Is Cross Fit the new Scientology?

....and I purposely used very Crossfit terminology to take the p1ss.
  5. T

Is Cross Fit the new Scientology?

New Crossfitter Well I'm in to the start of my 7th week of Crossfit and have to say I really enjoy it. I have always played competitive sports and the easiest way I've heard it described is, "Fitness is now a sport". I initially saw a, "Box" in the US about 12 months ago and found one close...
  6. T

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

They're awesome and now for the next challenge.... I just had this on an email today http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/carolina-fontoura-alzaga Bike Chain Chandeliers and http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/recycled-bike-chain
  7. T

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

My second cracked one was the 2012 Anthem X Advanced "Advanced Composite mainframe, ALUXX SL swingarm"
  8. T

You laugh you lose

Surely they should have thought something was up: TV station, NTSB apologize for fake Asiana pilot names KTVU Channel 2, a Fox affiliate in the San Francisco Bay Area, and the National Transportation Safety Board apologized on Friday for an on-air blunder by an anchorwoman that involved...
  9. T

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

I had this happen to my 2011 Anthem X, then Giant replaced with 2012 Anthem X 26 (this one cracked same spot a month later). I asked the store and Giant if they could replace with the 29er 2013 and they sorted it for me. Just picked it up after a few weeks ago. They would not sort out wheels...
  10. T

L'officiel Le Tour 2013 Thread!

You can watch the highlights on SBS On Demand very handy, I've been watching on the xbox and big screen now instead of the ipad in the morning: Where can I access SBS On Demand? SBS On Demand is currently available on the following platforms: Online at www.sbs.com.au/ondemand iOS...
  11. T

Post your 29er!

2013 Anthem X 29 XL Started life out as a 26er (well two actually)....just picked her up on the weekend. New bits to build this were: American Classic Race wheelset, Reba SID's, XO Trail 160mm brakes, Racing Ralphs, Ritchey Carbon Bar, new BB and headset. Home scales about 11.2kg.
  12. T

2011 Anthem 29er x1 - cracked frame

Well a few months after I received the 2012 Anthem SL 1 replacement cracked same spot. Giant were helpful directly on the phone but waiting on options via the LBS and bikeless again.
  13. T

Forrest Festival 2012 - Offical Thread

91 kegs category Just read the 2013 FF email, great idea Norm for 2013! Battle of the big boys/and girls....does the chubster have to ride a fixie and skinny jeans though? Clydesdale Category (91kg) Whether you’re tall and strong with muscles, a little on the hefty side, a chubster or just...
  14. T

VIC 2013 Forrest 6hr - Saturday 4th May

"Forrest Mountain Bike & Cycling Club" on FB for those looking, I was on Forrest Festival etc but not on this one.
  15. T

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Wonder if race number/stickers that must be visible on the cambelbak or jerseys would change behavior? I was a 3hr rider and it was all around but nothing too out of the ordinary, mostly issues were guys who would call out track on fast sections from 15 to 20 metres away and you'd keep...
  16. T

National Broadband Network

We were part of a green field estate where they put fibre in before the NBN. Cost us about $1k to hook up the ONT To get anywhere near those speeds there's a bit of tinkering to do and routers are probably one of the most expensive and confusing things they'll have to sort out. I'm sure I...
  17. T

On the shock question they included the 2013 CTD with the 2012 Anthem X SL 1 for me. Non Kashima one, http://www.foxracingshox.com/product.php?m=bike&t=shocks&p=99107&ref=filter
  18. T

2011 Anthem X 26" replaced last week. Crack just under the seat post where it meets the frame also. A little bit of fluffing around and my bike went from black to white but the 2012 SL 1 Carbon/Alloy replacement was given so far so good.
  19. T

Forrest Festival 2012 - Offical Thread

Very well run event last year and great no sheep station vibe, plan to come along and have some real fun on the bike. Cost I have no issue with as the timing and set up was great. Each stage had live updates so if you made up time on the climb you would over take the people in front of you...
  20. T

VIC Lysterfield Park

Hey Ando, the photos almost don't do justice to the trail. Can you put some rough detail of what was built as you know more detail and some might appreciate the work that was done for all and stay off it for awhile so it beds in. Maybe an official opening date might help. ie. after a couple of...