Search results

1. Oracle

sold...

G'day All, Item: Two sets of Avid BB7/Juicy organic disc brake pads Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Brand new still in shrink wrap packaging Reason for selling: Only running Shimano SLX and XT brakes now Price and price conditions: $45.00 for the pair including express post shipping...
  2. Oracle

Post Your Ride

Hi Mods, Could we have an [AM] prefix for new titles in the Post Your Ride section? Cheers.
  3. Oracle

XT or XTR brakes for AM use?

Been thinking about swapping the Elixir CR's on my Yeti 575 over to Shimano XT/XTR brakes as I'm currently running a bunch of spacers under the CPS bolts of Elixir calipers so they clear the spiders of the Shimano rotors. Wifes bike has SLX brakes so the swap would standardise everything a...
  4. Oracle

[AM] '09 Yeti 575

EDIT: New pics 2nd page! Thought I'd start this thread before I fly back to work; as I was hoping to complete the build over the weekend (and get my first ride in), but there was a slight problem with the forks delaying the build a couple of days/weeks. Frame: Black Yeti 575 with...
  5. Oracle

minimum steerer length?

I'm building up a Yeti 575 and received the frame, forks and a bunch of parts yesterday. The LBS I bought the stem, frame and forks cut the steerer tube and installed the star nut for me; but, I'm a bit concerned they've cut the steerer too short. I was going to run a couple of spacers...
  6. Oracle

Chris King Headsets?

I've just ordered a Yeti 575 frame and am slowly acquiring parts. Can anybody tell me if there is any difference between: Chris King NoThreadset; and Chris King NoThreadset - Sotte Voce. Only reason is I'd prefer a black headset and 1st model is currently sold out. :o
  7. Oracle

15 & 20mm axles?

Seems there's a lot of press regarding the new 15 and 20mm front wheel setups over the old/standard quick release setups. From what I understand from it all, the larger axles are stronger, thereby making the lower of suspenion forks less prone twisting. However, for general everyday trail...
  8. Oracle

QLD No longer looking!

Yes I know these are rare, but as per the title, I'm after a 5" Trail/Enduro frame or bike: Item: Something like a Medium '08 Yeti 575, or Large SC Blur LT etc (I'm 172cm tall) Location: Anywhere, I will pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: Preferably less than RRP; I suspect end of...
  9. Oracle

Carbon Vs Aluminium trail frames.

I was originally going to put my Rudd cheque towards a set of high end wheels; but, have since thought about just getting a whole new bike and have managed to get wife approval in process... woohoo! :D The new steed will replace a giant Xtc hardail, and be for endurance races and all...
  10. Oracle

Looking for an XC-Trail riding budy/group around Brisbane!

G'day Brisbanites, I've recently moved back to QLD and am looking for a riding buddy/small group to show me some (XC to all mountain style) trails around Brisbane/SE Qld, and possibly finish with a beer or two after a few good hours in the saddle. Basically training for the Flight Centre...
  11. Oracle

Shimano centrelock hubs?

Howdy, I've a Shimano M575 wheelset (on the wifes bike), and have been thinking about buying a set of XT and XTR wheels for my bike (to replace the Mavic Crossrides) so that I can have a permanent set of road and MTB tyres and just replace the wheels as needed. Also gives me a spare set of...
  12. Oracle

Cheap Shimano Vs cheap Mavic wheels!

Cheap Shimano Vs cheap Mavic wheels. I have a cheap set of Shimano M565 and Mavic Crossride wheels. Both wheelsets are about the same RRP (~$350), are well looked after only being used on road or light XC, and hubs are stripped and re-greased if ridden through mud etc. The wheels are on...
  13. Oracle

Cycling through Brisbane city?

Howdy folks, I'm currently considering a job in central BrisVegas, and am wondering what, if any, facilities exist for city cyclists. The office block I'd need to get to is located at 349 Coronation Drv. So what I'd really like to know is: 1. Are there any bike paths that run...
  14. Oracle

Magnetic Vs Roller trainers?

I was browsing the bike section on eBay (although not really looking for anything in particular - especially if the wife asks :p), and considering it's damn cold in tassie atm haven't been out riding in ages, so was looking at indoor bike trainers. There appears to be two main types (1)...
  15. Oracle

Correcting Mega-9 Hollowtech Chain Line?

Howdy farkin home/professional mechanics, Noticed the other day that my chain line is not pefectly parallel to my frame so pulled my LX hollowtech II BB/crankset apart late last night to see whether I could simply swap the plastic spacers around and inspect/regrease threads whilst I was at...
  16. Oracle

R7 Fork Service

Was riding my trusty steed on the road Monday afternoon and wanted to lockout my forks, since I was about to get out of the saddle. Anyhow, clicked the lockout button with my thumb and thought they felt a little light, and of course the forks (Manitou R7) didn't lockout. Did this a few times...
  17. Oracle

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Hi All, Been thinking about getting a new set of lights for commuting and to possibly get back into night riding on the trail now that the battery of my old Smart UK halogens has died... RIP! :p Anyhow, after sifting through this and mtbr.com forums (Lights Shine-Off Review), I'm still...
  18. Oracle

How much air in your Manitou R7 forks?

Howdy XC'ers, Yay, shock pump arrived in the mail from another Farkiner earlier this morning :D Anyhow, the air in my R7 supers was a little low, considering I was bottoming them out on big hits. I'm 70 kg's and increased the air in the compresion leg from ~70 to ~80 psi - bike setup in...
  19. Oracle

WTB: Good condition, lightweight XC wheelset

What: Good condition, lightweight (~ 1600 grams) XC wheelset! Price range/Willing to Pay: ~ AU$500 depending on brand and condition etc Location: Hobart, yes I'll pay shipping costs Extra Info: (1) All brands considered at this stage, although hubs to be standard QR type, be IS 6 bolt disc...
  20. Oracle

What do XC riders think of American Classic MTB Disc Wheelset?

Hi XC riders, I'm trying to narrow down my search on a set of XC wheels for racing (most likely second hand), and want them to be as light as possible, but not something that's going to buckle/seize should they see a bit of unexpected rough track. So has anyone had/have an American...