Search results

1. pistonbroke

Calf soreness-not from riding

Hi Burners I've had sore calves for months now. They are sore right through the middle and are tender to the touch. It feels like I've been for a long run. But I haven't. I also haven't been riding for a few months. Actually the soreness seemed to start when I stopped riding. I rode every day...
  2. pistonbroke

VIC Free Shimano crank set sold

Sold sold sold
  3. pistonbroke

VIC Sold Ness Carbon 29er wheels sold

Wheels are sold
  4. pistonbroke

Tree change

So me and the Mrs are selling up in Melbourne and moving to the country. Where we are going is where we grew up so we know the area well. Our Melbourne house goes to auction soon and we have our eye on a nice block of land in a small town. I have already secured full time employment and our...
  5. pistonbroke

VIC Free Indoor Mag Trainer sold

Sold sold sold
  6. pistonbroke

Building a house

So shit may be changing and mrs piston and I are considering building a new house. Sooooooo many options. There's big package home companies like Metricon, Simonds, Burbank ect. There's smaller independent builders. Or do we bite the bullet and go owner/builder and micro manage every detail...
  7. pistonbroke

Giant guru help needed-Another cracked carbon Anthem 29

Last year I bought a new 2013 Anthem Advanced 29 0. It's the second 2013 Anthem Advanced I have bought. The first one cracked and the frame was replaced with a 2014 model. So the new 0 is great but less than 1 year on and 1100km the frame has cracked in exactly the same top tube-seat tube...
  8. pistonbroke

Getting a pay rise

I'm in a bit of a situation at work. 4.5 years ago I started working at a car dealership as a mechanic. I took a bit of a pay cut to get there but was told "we'll start you here and review it in 6 months". Well after about 2 years I moved to another department where the work is easy and...
  9. pistonbroke

Job interview

Tomorrow I have a job interview. It's my first in close to 5 years and I'm pretty nervous about it. It may also be more formal than any I have done before as its a for government job. All my previous job applications have been quite informal. Any tips on nailing job interviews? Any big don'ts?
  10. pistonbroke

Skool me on dropper posts

I did a search and found millions of posts on droppers but nothing really relevant. I ride XC on a 29er Anthem so have never felt the need for a dropper post. But a couple of trips into the High Country with proper hills has me seeing their worth. So I know what they are and roughly what...
  11. pistonbroke

Losing some weight-The next level

Many of you would have read and contributed to Art's thread about losing weight from his 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 29er 1. Well I have a 2013 Giant Anthem Advanced 29er 0 which is pretty stock and tipped the scales at bang on 10.5kg without pedals but with tubes. I have since gone...
  12. pistonbroke

X7 shifters with X9 rear mech- poor shifting

My wife's Specialized hard tail is a couple of years old but done very few km's. As the title suggests it has SRAM X7 10 speed shifters and an X9 rear mech. It seems to have had poor shifting right from the start. It's been tuned a couple of times and did improve a little but has never been...
  13. pistonbroke

VIC Sold

Sold 10 char
  14. pistonbroke

VIC SOLD sold Sold

This bike is sold
  15. pistonbroke

VIC WTB: Lupine batteries and charger

Item: I'm looking for lupine batteries and/or a charger. Size of the battery doesn't matter but will effect the price I'm willing to pay. Location: Melbourne but will pay postage. Extra info: I picked up a cheap Lupine light and want to get it running. Money is tight. PM to deal or call Aaron...
  16. pistonbroke

VIC Lakes Entrance 100km Epic

http://www.alpinegravity.net/lakes-entrance-100k-epic-marathon.html Ok. A race I'm actually excited about. I have done a bit of riding out there and absolutely love the trails. Most of the trails are fast and flowing with very few rocks. What will be interesting will be how they link the...
  17. pistonbroke

Want this

http://www.trekbikes.com/au/en/bikes/road/performance_race/emonda/emonda_slr_10_h1/?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=See+the+Émonda+SLR+10&utm_content=Introducing+Émonda%3A+The+lightest+production+road+line+ever&utm_campaign=20140701%3AAU+Consumer+Emonda
  18. pistonbroke

Long travel xc race bike???

Does it exist? My wish list; Light weight, prefer carbon Clown wheels 120mm travel front and rear Efficient Not too slack in the steering and not too long I have a 29 Anthem Advanced which I'm quite happy with. I like the rollover of the big wheels and it's stable handling. It's a pretty good...
  19. pistonbroke

Mel WTB HIGH PRESSURE SHOCK PUMP

Item: High pressure shock pump. Location: Melbourne or I will pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: $50+ post ono Extra Info: needs to be 500psi+. Call or text Aaron on 0424171653
  20. pistonbroke

LBS and suspension service

I've been surprised by the number of LBS's that don't service mtb suspension. While I don't wish to name names, even some of the larger mtb dedicated stores admit to sending out all their suspension work. This comes as quite a surprise. If I was a bicycle mechanic I would love to sink my teeth...