Search results

1. tu plang

ITT: Ryan and tu_plang argue semantics and call each other mean names

Ah Ryan is back and he's at his paraphrasing best. I didn't say sometimes. There are guys in my office who come in at 7 in the morning and leave at 6 pm almost every day, which adds up to almost a whole day's overtime every week. That time does not get booked as overtime. The example of coming...
  2. tu plang

Brooklyn Machine Works Park SOLD

Item: BMW Park Bike (Spec Below) Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Lightly used, heavily looked at. Reason for selling: Simply don't ride it enough Price and price conditions: drop to 1,500 and very open to offers. Extra Info: below Pictures: below Alrighty... lots of you will know...
  3. tu plang

We need to shift to renewable energy. Just don't do it near my house.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24001913-2702,00.html Popped up in media monitors at work today. It never ceases to amaze me how ridiculous people are. I haven't looked at this situation heavily, but its not the first time a windfarm has been shot down because people don't...
  4. tu plang

Everythingeverythingeverythingeverything

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=227641 best news all year.
  5. tu plang

Tomac Snyper I - New Pics.

More to come soon. ;) Here we go, a few quick happy (read: crappy) snaps. Will get some decent detailed pics tomorrow when the sun is shining and I can find the better camera.
  6. tu plang

Editing Posts After Getting Answers

Ok, I have a feeling this has been brought up before but obviously the message didn't get across. The idea of a forum is to create a body of knowledge. People seek answers, they can't find them so they ask, people answer questions. Next time someone wants to know the same thing they search...
  7. tu plang

Internet Fraud

Ok i'll start from the top. Yesterday i recieved a strange email. It had no body, from, to or subject details and it behaved very strangely in my Mail application (mac OS X). I thought nothing more. This morning I couldnt log into my gmail account. Seemed strange, asked a few friends, they...
  8. tu plang

Issue loading threads (in safari)

Anyone else getting this (see below) when opening threads etc. if i simply go back and click the link again it will usually work - mighty annoying though.
  9. tu plang

Python

Alrighty, my turn to ask for some help. I know there's some smart people out there so i'm wondering if anyone is any good with Python (for those who aren't familiar with it, python is a programming langauge.) I just need a few pointers on import and exporting data at this point but once...
  10. tu plang

Tomac: Sneak Peek

I'll be breif, I've been sent a preview of the new DH bike from Tomac - the Primer 220. Should be interesting to see some of these new tomacs in the flesh. I'd say there'll be a lot more info around soon.
  11. tu plang

Goodridge and Pump Up

Alrighty, just fitted some goodridge lines to my Hope M4s (which were already pretty fantastic brakes ;) ) Basically, front feels fantastic. Rear is pumping up. IE pull the lever once, feels normal, pull it again and the lever throw is shorter and so on until you have very little. wait 5...
  12. tu plang

RHCP supporting act(s)

Hmm just wondering if anybody has heard who will be touring with/supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Can't seem to find any such info. Cheers.
  13. tu plang

Global Warming - crock or not?

Mod Edit: Discussion about the predictions of the effect of global warming split off from jarryd1986's original "cool-aid" thread.
  14. tu plang

Chumba.

Well, its not mine unfortunately but i have had the pleasure of its company on a few occasions. Posting this up on behalf of a very quiet farkin user. Basic Specs are: Frame: Chumba Wumba XCL w/ fox DHX air Fork: Fox Talas 32 Brakes: Shimano XT Headset: CK Pedals: Gusset Slim Jim Hopefully...
  15. tu plang

Changing a line-up at the last minute...

I'm not sure if this thread has an avenue to provoke discussion as i type this... right now its more of a venting of my current anger. Is it heard of in any circumstances to swap the headlining act with an supporting act an hour earlier? I went and saw TZU at this venue last week and they...
  16. tu plang

Thermodynamics: tu plang v Lecturer.

OK as i eluded to in a previous post, I'm pretty sure our lecturer's screwed up a question on our 60% final exam. Now I actually asked the lecturer in the exam what the go was and he explicitly said if its not working you're doing it wrong. A stance which he has stuck with after i sent him an...
  17. tu plang

Road wheelset.

If anyone can point me towards a thread that'd be a great start as i couldnt find any ;) moving on... i had the pleasure of tacoing my bontrager select from wheel this morning on the way to work. thanks to their fan-farking-tastic 20 spoke, radial, paired lacing they are impossible to true if...
  18. tu plang

Rockhampton Yo.

Alrightie, just found out I will be spending 12 weeks of my holidays in Rocky working for Stanwell. To be honest I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet... Ok thing is I was lucky enough to be placed with one of the few companies who doesn't provide me with accomodation while...
  19. tu plang

Bmw4c0146

Well its here! One of the first two brought into the country, big thanks goes to NoSkidMarks there. Colour choice was tough but im really happy with the one i picked, even though it looks like blue is the new black :o Very impressed with the frame at first sight. God is teasing me with...
  20. tu plang

Do people take Peter Beattie seriously?

now generally im the last person to talk politics but watching the way that hes talking to kerry o'brien and the way kerry is basically saying in not so many words he's talking shit, do people take him seriously? i heard him say in a conference that this is the worst time for them to have an...