Search results

1. S

WTB - Ayup 3 hour battery

Anyone got a 3 hour battery with mounts in good condition they do not want/use?
  2. S

[FOUND] Garmin at You Yangs

Found a Garmin on the Sunday 26th Feb 2012 in You Yangs. Tell me what make, colour and location (roughly) you lost the Garmin and it will be reunited with you. Cheers, Splunk
  3. S

Social riding in Canberra

Hi All, I will be in Canberra for a while (from Melbourne) and was wondering if there is a "beach road" equivalent for social road riding? I hate riding by myself... need something to chase and/or someone to push me. Cheers, Splunk
  4. S

Brake Levers - cable

Found some, no longer needed
  5. S

Marzocchi XC 700 ATA or Fox Talas 32

Need some help deciding. In the past, I have had Marzocchis and they worked great, but recently the forks to own seem to be Fox. I currently have Fox F120s which came on my bike and have nothing bad to say about them. However I am looking to change it for adjustability... Talas or XC700...
  6. S

Road wheelset - Aero make any difference

Hi guys, Looking at a new set of road wheels to replace my current Shimano 550s. The American Classics look reasonably good. Tossing up between the CR420s and the sprint 350s. The 420s are the aero wheels which have the deep v rim, at 1400gms. The 350s are not aero, at 1300gms. I...
  7. S

Light SPD pedals

Hi All, Just curious if there are any SPD mtb pedals out there which are lighter than the Shimano's current offerings. I mean, 320g+ for a pair of XTRs is not exactly light (especially compared to egg beaters). I have heard of exustars but apparently reliability issues and hard to get in...
  8. S

Scott Spark vs Felt Virtue vs Giant Trance

Hi Guys, In the market for a new bike. Currently ride a Giant Reign however sick of getting overtaken by my mates on the climbs. Here are my thoughts on each: Scott Spark 30 Pros - at least 1 Kg lighter than the other 2 at 11.4 kg (Felt ~12.7 Kg, Giant ~12.5) Cons - spec wise, the...
  9. S

Overtaking on the Left?

Hi All, Did the Otway Classic on the weekend however did not finish it because some twat stuffed my bike by overtaking me on the left. I was on the decent at about 50-60kph hammering down, when I heard a scream... "Passing... Left". I only heard the "Pass..." and immediately moved to left...
  10. S

Juicy 5 pads replaced - now constantly rubbing

Hi all, Changed my brake pads of my Juicy 5s and now the pads are constantly "on" (becuase the new pads are thicker than the old ones). How do I move the pistons out so that they do not rub against the rotors anymore? Cheers, Splunk
  11. S

HSV makes bikes

Hi, I stumbled across this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HSV-HRT-Limited-Edition-MOUNTAIN-BIKE_W0QQitemZ220019607484QQihZ012QQcategoryZ129729QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem What do you think? Should I upgrade? ;)
  12. S

How to relax race geometry?

Hi all, I used to own an NRS and now a Reign and must say that the reign's position is more comforatble than the NRS for all day rides. Now, I am looking at getting a Giant Anthem. What is the best way to relax the riding position to make more "all day riding" friendly? My initial...
  13. S

Road or Mountain bike for Round the Bay in a Day?

Hi All, I am doing the Round the Bay in a Day bike ride in Oct and was wondering; what is the difference is between a road bike and mountain bike (with slicks) in terms of efficency? Are road bikes a lot better than a mountain bikes with slicks on? I am contemplating getting a cheapish...
  14. S

[Melb] 2 bikes gone - NRS2, Yukon

Both bikes were stolen from my garage in Richmond between 9am-11pm Sunday 14/08/2005: 2003 Giant NRS2: - serial: gj270101 - Red - mostly stock - black barends 2003 Giant Yukon - serial: gj289517 - slicks as the rear tyre If you hear anything send me a private message. Cheers...
  15. S

Which light for the night?

Hi All, With daylight savings over..... I need lights on my bike. I am looking for feedback on the best light for _recreational_ XC riding at night with the following attributes: - cheap Looking for less than $200 - long lasting battery (2 hours) - easy charging I have been thinking...
  16. S

How did you get the money for your ride?

Hey, I am a long time reader, first time poster. I have been in MTB for a while, and it amazes me how much money I have been throwing into this sport that I love. What amazes me more is how much more other people are throwing into their bikes! Call me jealous but I was wondering how are...