Search results

1. H

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

There are so many different pathways in. I studied mech eng and applied physics, became intrigued about fire safety when undertaking a marine and offshore HVAC internship and was lucky enough to get a trainee fire safety role whilst still at uni. My colleagues come from a range of engineering...
  2. H

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

I'm a fire safety engineer. Absolutely love it. Couldn't imagine doing anything else. It's a pretty small industry in that everyone knows everyone else (and often peer reviews each other), so if you've got a reputation for doing good work it's quite easy to move around. I'm working on a couple...
  3. H

Lezyne Micro Drive

Have a look at the Exposure Trace. I just got their rear light (TraceR) and love it so far. Very bright and minimal design.
  4. H

Post your Roadie

Picked up this beauty last week. It's feels like there's always a tailwind compared to my old ride. Heading to the snowy mountains this weekend to really see what she's got.
  5. H

Coconut water...

I know it's anecdotal, and possibly just a placebo effect, but I always feel I perform better if I’ve had about 400mL of beetroot juice 30 mins before a race or hard ride. This article gives a good summary of where the research stands (as of 2 years ago)...
  6. H

Robin Williams dead at 63

He had been battling his demons for an incredibly long time; it’s incredibly upsetting that depression took the ultimate toll on such an immensely talented man
  7. H

Career Prize Money Totals

Driftking you're missing the point. The amount of dollars in a sport has nothing to do with the level of skill involved, but solely on how many people view and participate in it and therefore how many people companies can reach to advertise their brand. Just think about how many people watch...
  8. H

MTB Coaching

It depends what you want out of the coaching, fitness or skills. If you're serious about it and more concerned with the fitness side of things it would be hard to go past Mark Fenner, although I personally don't know anyone that uses him. http://www.ftptraining.com/
  9. H

publishing a book

Have a look at the companies that do thesis binding. There are heaps of them around, so I'm sure that you would be able to find someone that fits the price and quality you're looking for.
  10. H

NSW Sold

Sold.......
  11. H

NSW Sold

Price drop. $700
  12. H

NSW Sold

Bump...........
  13. H

NSW Sold

Item: Giant XTC 29er 2 (2012) - Small Location: North Epping, NSW (Pickup preferred and inspections welcome) Item Condition: Very good. Some small cable rub on the crown of the fork, small scratches on the brake levers from removing the wheels, and some very small scratches on the top...
  14. H

2012 - Real Insurance NSWMTB XCO Series

Trust me, its not much better when your front brake doesnt work at all. Some of those decents were interesting. Great track and a very well run event. Cant wait till the next one.
  15. H

SRAM XX1 1x11 Speed Drivetrain, 10-42 cassette... Schwang!

Shimano are already working on a 14 speed cassette http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Shimano-14-Speed-Cassette,6574
  16. H

There is on the table on the previous page, but not in the event entry page for the Fitzroy Falls round.
  17. H

Any reason why there is no expert men’s category? I'd like to think I'm faster than sport, but definitely not elite.
  18. H

Knee pads/protection

I've got a pair of the G-form knee pads and I cant rate them highly enough. Here's a review of them http://www.pinkbike.com/news/G-Form-Knee-Pads-Tested-2011.html The pads are very comfortable, and I know it sound cliche but you can easily forget that you are wearing them. The sizing...
  19. H

XC Training

His strava page http://app.strava.com/athletes/202758 Its a ridiculous amount of riding
  20. H

Shane warne hates cyclists!!!

The cyclist's side of the story.