Search results

1. Xmetal

NSW Sold, Gone, Thanks for playing.

Item: Fox 40 RC2 FIT 2006 Location: Maitland, NSW Item Condition: Used. Stanchions are mint. Lowers are fairly rough but are structurally still outstanding. Crowns are in good nick. Reason for selling: Totems. :) Price and price conditions: $450 Delivered. Extra Info: Regularly serviced...
  2. Xmetal

Fork thread. (Which one?)

Hey guys I'm currently in the process of building yet another bike and i've reached a really big hurdle and need advice. The bike in question: 2008 Intense SOCOM Current fork: Fox 40 RC2 Non-FiT Coil My main aim is to try and keep the weight down and after doing lots of reading and...
  3. Xmetal

DH The next great build thread!

Alright squids it's been a long time between drinks but I think it's time I started another epic build/evolution/riding pictures thread! (and the crowd goes mild!) The current stead is due for replacement as pictured below: I've been plowing fairly irregularly on it for a while but it's...
  4. Xmetal

NSW WTB: Intense G3 Dropout - 150mm Drive side only.

Item: Intense G3 Dropout Location: Maitland/Newcastle Price range/Willing to Pay: RRP on one of these is $278 and i'm not paying that. Extra Info: Must be 150mm spacing Contact: PM me or email xmetalphotography1(at)gmail.com Many thanks in advance
  5. Xmetal

Ourimbah DH 22/06/14

So, First crack at videoing a club round - I feel very noobish at this so be gentle as i'm normally a stills shooter. :) http://youtu.be/SMXyeTkG0fU Edited it all together with Sony Vegas which i've only used a handful of times so some of the anomalies in the film weren't intentional...
  6. Xmetal

Fox 40 oil leak - post service

Afternoon all. I was confronted with a disappointing scene this afternoon when I opened the garage to find my Glory had an incontinence problem. (sort of) I recently serviced my 08 Fox 40's (non-FIT) using a Pink Bike instructional video - followed to the word - then left the bike to sit...
  7. Xmetal

Black Yellow Red and White

Some of you may recall me owning a Specialized BigHit called 'The White Knight' which unfortunately was stolen out of my car at the start of the year. Well nothing came back and I figured I should just move on and so after about 3 months if research, parts collection and build time I've come up...
  8. Xmetal

Bike insurance

As some of you might remember back in January my beloved BigHit was forcibly removed from my car early one morning. I've just about finished piecing together the new replacement bike and the missus reckons I shouldn't take it outside the house without first finding out if there is some form of...
  9. Xmetal

STOLEN NEWCASTLE: Specialized BigHit Comp (25/02/11)

Attention All. I am sending this email to all bicycle shops and cycling clubs in the Newcastle, Central Coast and Hunter Valley areas so please I ask you kindly to forward this email as frequently as possible and if you have any information regarding the subject can you please contact me...
  10. Xmetal

Protective Shorts

Evening all. :) I'm currently weighing up some options as i've just invested in a pressure suit for the 2011 DH season. Troy Lee Designs has these rather sporty looking protective shorts that i've just discovered on CRC, (link below)...
  11. Xmetal

Would it work? FrankenBigHit!

Right. I've been looking at this as a potential frankenbike prospect: I own a Specialized BigHit Comp 2002 (pictured below) I want to know if the rear swingarm assembly from a 06-08 model BigHit will fit an 02-03 model Bighit. The reason I want to do this is because I will...
  12. Xmetal

Avid Juicy 5 replacement parts

*curve ball* Background: I'm running Avid Juicy 5's with Straitline Lever blades. It seems i've lost 2 parts out of one of my Juicy 5 levers - the pivot pin that the lever blade swings on has gone AWOL as has the little screw that secures the lever blade to the pin. I've sent one email off...
  13. Xmetal

Tamworth DH/FR

Hey all I'm going to be in Tam-Vegas for Country Music Festival from the 20th to 26th of this month, i'd like to know if there is any trails around for DH/FR, so far i've scouted the BMX track but i'm more after some gravity runs. :) I'm not really after secret trails but if the natives don't...
  14. Xmetal

How to make your own Avid Code 5 brakes!

Hello all, i've been getting a few PM's of late asking me about my Juicy caliper upgrade: This procedure is a cheaper alternative for those of you who own Avid Juicy 3/5/7/carbon/ultimate brake systems but don't want to spend a sh!tload of money upgrading to Saint or Shimano XT 4 pot brake...
  15. Xmetal

Avid Hose Fittings *found*

Found Found Found....and Found some more!
  16. Xmetal

Avid Code Caliper

Item: Code Caliper ONLY. Levers, hoses, pads, rotors or mounts are not needed.) Location: I'm in Newcastle. Price range/Willing to Pay: Have seen them going 2nd hand for as low as $60 - Don't mind pay a bit more (but not much) than $120 with postage included. Extra Info: I would prefer a...
  17. Xmetal

Juicy 5 Lever + Code Caliper = ?

Got a question for the stopper scientists among us: Is it possible to run a Juicy 5 Lever with a Code Caliper? Has anyone here done it before? Is it beneficial? I'm toying with the idea of running a Code caliper on the front and retaining the standard Juicy 5 brake system on the rear...
  18. Xmetal

Hayes El Camino

I've been having a dig around on here for info after finding these on CRC and i've got a question or 2... Can I use El Camino for Downhill? How well do they perform? Are they easy to service? The reason i'm asking is because they are listed for $104(front) and $88(rear) on CRC...
  19. Xmetal

Rear Spring

Item: Fox 400x2.30 spring Location: I'm in Newcastle/Lake Macquarie Price range/Willing to Pay: Not sure, $40? i'm only guessing Extra Info: It's for a Vanilla R on a 2002 BigHit, I currently have a 500lb spring and my skinny arse isn't heavy enough for it to work properly. PM or Email...
  20. Xmetal

NSW Boxxer Race or Team

Item: Late model Boxxer races or teams - 07 to current model. Location: I'm in Newcastle Price range/Willing to Pay: I'm open to reasonable suggestions Extra Info: Basically i'm after one of these! Main requirements - Must be in good condition: no scratched staunchions...