Search results

1. S.

Fox Evol vs Vorsprung corset

The numbers I'm giving and the claims I'm making aren't calculations, they're based on measured, quantified numbers based on testing on exactly that frame as well as actual dyno testing to measure the results, which demonstrates very unambiguously that increasing air pressure proportionally...
  2. S.

Having owned an SB66 myself (when we were first developing the Corset no less - it was the main frame we used in development!), I find it interesting that you say that. I found the slack seat tube to be a hindrance to climbing for sure (I'm the same height and similar weight to you), though...
  3. S.

Appreciate your feedback, but have to disagree with you on a few points there Zaf: I will say though that there are some bike/rider combinations that the Corset does not work well for: 1. If you're especially heavy 2. If you're on a particularly high-leverage bike (the most common ones being...
  4. S.

Hi Hools, shoot me an email if you're having difficulty with the setup of your Corset and we'll help you get it sorted - steve at vorsprungsuspension dot com Sorry to hear you've had issues with your Corsets - can you shoot me an email with the details of your shock and what was going on so...
  5. S.

Vorsprung Suspension Corset Fox Air Shock Upgrade

If all the air is dumped from the sleeve rapidly, the shock will compress itself (a la a "stuck down" shock) as the piston passes the equalisation port faster than the air pressure can actually equalise, which results in the negative chamber remaining pressurised and the experience you had with...
  6. S.

Hi guys - for future reference, email me on steve at vorsprungsuspension dot com rather than posting here, I don't always have time to check forums sorry! 2.6:1 is pretty standard, definitely not considered high. If you're running 190psi you should have no issues, if you're running the...
  7. S.

Sounds like a volume spacer could help you out quite a bit there. What bike is this on?
  8. S.

Sure will! www.facebook.com/vorsprungsuspension for those interested. When I talk about something not being ideal, I basically am referring to it not being quite as good as I personally feel it could be. That means about 99% of everything in the market fits that bill. Performance isn't a yes...
  9. S.

Running an air shock on a progressive frame is not the end of the world, especially in cases where the linkage progression is 20% or less overall (the Sight is about 21% according to that graph, which may not be 100% precise anyway). Much more than that and you start having issues using the end...
  10. S.

I'm in Australia for the next few weeks, back to Whistler shortly though. Speak to Brad at Tekin (www.tekin.bike) for Vorsprung-related stuff you need, he knows what's up and makes sure his customers are well looked after. Might have an answer for you tomorrow! What model? Glad to hear...
  11. S.

@Nautonier - just spoke with Tekin, sounds like an o-ring was left out as my installation instructions weren't clear enough, hence your sleeve never holding air at all. I apologise sincerely for the hassle, but the good news is that it's an easy fix, and either Tekin or myself will get you...
  12. S.

Hey mate - it sounds like an o-ring has been damaged (or omitted entirely) when the sleeve was assembled (our fault, not yours). Shoot me an email (steve@vorsprungsuspension.com) and I'll have you sorted out with the appropriate seals within a day or so. Where are you in Melbourne? The way the...
  13. S.

If you check out the spring rate vs displacement graph, you'll see that the spring rate of the Corset is sitting at about 300lbs/in in the middle of the stroke, whereas the Fox is running more like 200lbs/in. That's a 50% higher spring rate! Actually, it is a fair comparison - you do run more...
  14. S.

Hey mate, Steve from Vorsprung here. Sorry for the slow reply to emails - trying to reply to hundreds of them within a few days! So let's discuss the effect of different leverage rates, and how the stock sleeve and the Corset each work with them. Let's consider that there are basically four...
  15. S.

Online dating

Agree 100% with this. Pay the little money it costs for RSVP or whatever, people take it a bit more seriously and actually respond to you vs having 120 matches on Tinder, none of whom will actually reply to the messages you send until they become threatening enough to justify a subpoena.
  16. S.

Sydney siege

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins Apparently you also have an eternal boner. Gonna really suck when you need to have a piss.
  17. S.

Sydney siege

I suppose that even our vernacular here reflects how easy it is to create an "us" and "them" - we, as in you and I, are already using pronouns like "they" as a generalisation for the rest of the Muslim community. And I agree, every time something bad happens, a lot of the Islamic leaders do...
  18. S.

Sydney siege

I wonder if that could possibly be because Bryant didn't have any ethno-racial, religious or geographical motives.... In order for events like these to be anything BUT divisive - operating on the reasonable assumption that the guy sees himself as acting "on behalf of/in accordance with Islam"...
  19. S.

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

I looked it up, it's louisjpipers or however you spell it that has the highest post count (2nd is Scott), although I'm pretty sure Rik did have the highest post count - somewhere around 17,000 actual posts. Fuzzy and Moorey both up there somewhere over 10,000 too.
  20. S.

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Correct - there was supposedly a ski resort built on the Indonesian part of Papua in the Maoke mountains, on the Meren Glacier between 1979-1982, but it's in a part of the country that is almost never seen by foreigners. There are a few travel reports that detail the skiing and 3 lifts there...