Search results

1. J

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Finished off a rebuild retro project as a new commuter. #26aintdead
  2. J

The QUICK question thread.....

And on reflection I should have tried fitting the crank not the crack for a successful bike build....
  3. J

Little Things You Love

So some one actually learned something from Bender? (Because Bender did not learn anything from Bender)
  4. J

The QUICK question thread.....

And if your crack spindle only goes in an inch and stops, you’ve put the NDS cup in the wrong side of the frame. How I know this is probably a post for confessions thread.... (Of course I’d put both pressfit cups in before realising it)
  5. J

NSW 26” Wheelset or Hubs and Rims

Shoot me through a photo, and I’ll see if they float my boat :)
  6. J

Looks like I’ve got a front hub sorted, anyone got a rear?
  7. J

Could be interested, dig up done details and let me know?
  8. J

Looking to buy or build up some 26” wheels for a new (retro) acquisition. Happy to build my own wheels from parts or buy a complete wheel set if it’s in decent nick. Specs I’m looking for: Rim brake 135mm rear 100mm front Location: Sydney, but will pay postage if sensible Condition...
  9. J

Confessions from the fuckwits

Not a fan of the wet clay, but the Porta Potty Blue is pretty nice. So that’s going to be the replacement. Haha, definitely hipster points, but they were actually really good brakes. Not as powerful as hydros, but for a bikepacking bike you don’t really need that much stopping power. Plus...
  10. J

Nah, never too soon [emoji13] Plus side is insurance has it covered so currently speccing a replacement. Sadly they don’t make colour any more (I loved that yellow) and also I’ve busted one of the Limited edition blue Pauls Klampers [emoji24] So now I have one calliper and two levers, and can’t...
  11. J

No explanation really needed here...
  12. J

Haha, fixes this exact thing on a mates bike today after he replaced the cassette and chain himself. Though the last time I did that I nailed the derailleur, and forgot to put the chain through the rear triangle. You think threading the derailleur makes a lot of noise? Wait till you hear it...
  13. J

The stupid questions thread.

My understanding is the width saving in the chain comes from the outer plates thickness and internal dims and rollers are the same. But whatever the reason, I've run eagle on 11 speed rings, no dramas.
  14. J

Who's got the look?

Sadly I don't have that much style
  15. J

Who's got the look?

Yup, that's me. Just got the Paul's stem to add to the matchy matchy
  16. J

Who's got the look?

Mainly black with a splash of colour
  17. J

Sharp eyes, they did indeed. New Pauls Box Car stem and SMP saddle. Only realised yesterday that the saddle was waaaaay too laid back/nose up and was making my hips rotate backwards too much. Got home with a sore lower back, tilted the seat forward, feels like a new bike!
  18. J

First time out on the MTB in two months. Sooooo good to be back.
  19. J

The stupid questions thread.

Loctite on a bike.... do/don’t, where, colour? I understand the stuff about as well as the 40 different grease varieties you can get....
  20. J

Nice one. You think it’ll fix my Fox 34’s?