Search results

1. Rhys_

6.5x1.5" air shock

Item: 6.5"x1.5" air shock Location: Bris. Happy to pay for post. Willing to pay: $100-300 Extra Info: Fox CTD with medium-firmer tune would be ideal. Hoping for new or new-ish but will consider others if the price is right.
  2. Rhys_

Noob Question: Tubeless and Speed

I'm with this guy. Whilst you may very well be okay if you ride reasonably sedately on laid back trails, the tubeless reality for a lot of people is different. You will spend more money on tyres. For a start tubeless tyres are usually more expensive. Secondly it's likely you will eventually get...
  3. Rhys_

Sold

Item: Formula 2 piece rotors 180mm Location: Brisbane. Can post Item condition: New. Mounted and then removed Reason for selling: see below Price: SOLD Extra Info: Both rotors have mild-moderate buckles from factory. As I am quite special about my bike parts, this annoyed me so I got...
  4. Rhys_

Sold

Still available. $650.
  5. Rhys_

Sold

Item: SOLD Location: Brisbane. Happy to post Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: No cracks in plastic. Comes with all shims and bolts to adjust to your chainline. I used with a 32t ring and never dropped the chain. ~60g for...
  6. Rhys_

Carbon frame headset install

I don't use any grease for headsets and press fit bbs on carbon frames. Never had any issues Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  7. Rhys_

Sold

Item: Rockshox Pike 26" RCT3 150mm Solo Air forks Location: Brisbane. Happy to post Item Condition: Excellent. Look new. Less than 10 rides old. Hardly a mark on them. Stanchions are perfect. Lowers service was done straight out of the box. Reason for selling: Surplus Price and price...
  8. Rhys_

Pike custom tuning

The older 32 and 34 Fox forks were severely under damped when it came to HSC, which is what led to their very 'plush' feeling. This may have felt good at times, but it's not the ideal when it comes to aggressive riding and having a fork that stays up in its travel and 'with you'. What you are...
  9. Rhys_

Creaking Pikes....

On a recent riding trip I had the opportunity to ride 5 different Pikes (from '14 to '16), and I was able to get all but one of them to creak. I suspect it is a reasonably widespread problem, just a lot of people aren't perceptive enough or anal enough to notice. I've owned creaking Fox forks in...
  10. Rhys_

Stans rear hub on Flow EX - a bit loose?

Mine's the same. The axle's probably bent/flexing. I'm also getting a bit of this action: They are junk in my opinion. Do yourself a favour and buy a Hope.
  11. Rhys_

AM 2016 Giant Trance Advanced 1

Fantastic bike mate, enjoy. Prefer the look and spec of these over the '0' model. How does the XT 1x setup go with chain retention?
  12. Rhys_

2015 Giant Reign owners

Dude. You are comparing a damper (monarch) and an air can (corset). You've made no isolation between the damper and the can. You've seemingly given no indication or thought towards the original damper's model, tune ID, settings or condition. You are also assuming the X2 has the same curve as a...
  13. Rhys_

AM Banshee Rune. Black is the new black

^^Haha, clearly he's taking the piss. I can't see any carbon other than maybe the derailleur cage. Looking good. Are those Marzocchis air or coil?
  14. Rhys_

Bells...

I hate the things. When I think of bells it's noise pollution, startled people stumbling over each other to get out of the way, and the impression of bikers barging through thinking we own everything. Just general commotion. Cruising past in a gap at a reasonable speed or the odd yell/freehub...
  15. Rhys_

Ice tech rotor melting/deformation

Good point. I had another look over them, and there's parts where one side of the rotor is almost worn through to the core, yet others where it's still thick (and even both sides). They are well and truly stuffed. Still have no idea how they've ended up such a mess though. It reeeally shouldn't...
  16. Rhys_

Anodising alloy parts

Yes, and I'd recommend avoiding it unless you really set on it. As material is removed during the etch process, bearing bores and the like need to be protected or else you might end up with play. You can use special anodising/powdercoating tape which is meant to withstand both the acidity...
  17. Rhys_

Monarch RT noise top of travel

Sounds like it could just be the piston passing over the dimple that allows the pos and neg chambers to equalise (assuming it works the same as a Fox shock). Things might be getting a bit dry and gunky in there, accentuating the moment and sound. Could maybe try doing an air sleeve service.
  18. Rhys_

Surely not? I'm fairly certain the XT brakes they came with were specced with sintered pads.
  19. Rhys_

Lol Poodle. Yeah, sintered pads the entire time.
  20. Rhys_

Frame weight difference?

As above, it's totally dependant on the frame in question. As an example though, my large 5.7C frame weighed about 110g more than the medium. Unless otherwise specified, frame weight claims by manufacturers are typically for small frames, and probably often the lightest example they have...