Search results

1. wespelarno

Chocolate Human Skull

My girlfriend just gave me my birthday present. An anatomically correct human skull. Made of chocolate. It is simultaneously the coolest and creepiest present I have ever received. Check it out I'm studying medicine, so this isn't as creepy as it first appears. However, it is equally as fucking...
  2. wespelarno

New law in Arizona states 'pregnancy begins two weeks before conception

Check it out. http://www.examiner.com/article/new-law-arizona-states-pregnancy-begins-two-weeks-before-conception I'm pro-choice up until a certain stage of pregnancy. And to deal with specific maternal medical conditions, abortions are fine at any stage. I also respect everyone's right...
  3. wespelarno

Cool/Useful Software

I've just bought a new computer and I'm installing all my software. Does anybody have any favourite bits of software (preferably free) that does something particularly useful? Id be interested to see what other people have tracked down. From me: Mendeley: PDF manager, automatically writes...
  4. wespelarno

MRP XCG bash guard, or other 3 ring bash guards

I am looking at getting a bash guard for a 2009 santacruz nomad. The bike is being used for the heavier end of all mountain, but I still want to maintain three rings at the front for overall useability. I have been looking at the MRP XCG bash guard which mounts to bottom bracket. Has anybody...
  5. wespelarno

Paper Towels and free energy?

This has been making me think for a few days. If you hold a paper towel so the plane of it is perpendicular to the ground (vertical) and dip just the end in a cup of water, the water is soaked up and the water moves up the towel due to capillary action. The water now has gravitational...
  6. wespelarno

ACT SOLD 2010 Red Santa Cruz Nomad, Size Large Unridden PRICE DROP! $5000, open to offers

Item: Brand New 2010 Santa Cruz Nomad, Red Powdercoat Large Location: Canberra, ACT. Will post interstate at buyers expense, may be able to help transport in local area Reason for selling: In need of money; I bought a bike and car simultaneously and found out that the car needs substantial...
  7. wespelarno

Aktimate mini speakers buzzing, hissing and playing fm radio. Sound engineers?

I recently purchased a set of aktimate mini speakers and they are behaving strangely. They emit a static hiss (more than normal amplifier hiss), a medium frequency buzzing sound and are picking up and quietly playing fm radio, specifically fm 102.3 (In canberra, ABC radio). I have tried the...
  8. wespelarno

Chain Stay for '03 Rocky mountain Instinct

Item: Chain stay for 2003 Rocky mountain instinct Location: Canberra, willing to pay postage or maybe pick up from Sydney Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition Extra Info: Need as fast as possible, heading overseas soon and want bike to be working when I travel. I know this is a...
  9. wespelarno

2010 Santa Cruz Nomad Build-anything lacking?

Hey, I´m planning on buying a 2010 santa cruz nomad in the states in a month or two. I will be buying direct from the factory as I have managed to obtain a sweet deal from a company they supply. if anybody can see anything particularly lacking from this build, can you please point it...
  10. wespelarno

Changes to Youth Allowance?

I´ve read a couple of online and apparently Rudd has totally changed the youth allownce criteria. Can someone please explain what has been changed and how it is possible to qualify for youth allowance under the new system? I apologise if this has been covered, but I´m in Peru so have very...
  11. wespelarno

Downhilling is Cusco, Peru

Hey guys, I´m in Cusco in Peru and want to check out some local tracks. I need to hire a bike and armour and probably need a guide so I don´vanish into the mountians. I´ve been bombarded yb companies all offering me a special price for their tour, all of which look really dicey. Does anybody...
  12. wespelarno

Good Student Jobs

Anyone who is or has been a student knows that the jobs readily available to students are usually at the very bottom of the emplyment barrel-mindless, poorly paid, a whole variety of poor to average jobs. But occasionally, a job shines through as a beacon of hope. The belief that perhaps there...
  13. wespelarno

Where to hire bikes in Vancouver?

I will be heading to Vancouver to ride the famous northshore later this year and was wondering if anybody could recommend a location to hire bikes from? I'm after a reasonable quality downhill/freeride rig. There are a few companies I've found who hire bikes but their idea of a park bike is a...
  14. wespelarno

Trail Log Sub Forum

In light of Scratchy/theCat's recent purge of the trail building section, can a single location be made for legal trail logs? I understand their perspective in making the trail building section exclusively an advice section for building or obtaining permission to build legal trails. However...
  15. wespelarno

Youtube advertising; will it work?

Ok, you tube now has advertising. Fine, it doesn't concern me much. But I looked at what was being advertised and couldn't help but wonder, has anyone every actually looked at one of those ad's and gone and bought what it was advertising, be it a service or product. I was looking at some rock...
  16. wespelarno

Dares Night

Ok. As the end of year 12 approaches planning towards dares night has started. Basically, in teams of 5-10 the entire year competes for points by completing dares of various degree of daring/stupidity. I'm working on a list. So far we have: nudie runs Get in a taxi to the nearest street...
  17. wespelarno

Elastomania Riding Game

Welcome to the ELMA thread. For those who don't know, Elastomania is a 2D motorbike simulation, similair to freerider 2. Big difference is it uses physics that resemble the real world and allows far more control of the bike and rider. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasto_Mania I figured we...
  18. wespelarno

Pump Tack, pump dimensions and spacing

Hey, I'm building a pump track. I'm having a hard time getting the spacing of the pumps to feel right. They are spaced way to tight and just don't flow. Does any one have any advice as to the height+width of pumps, and the spacing between the tops of pumps? I ride a reasonably long 26" frame...
  19. wespelarno

Comedic View: P Plate drivers are unprepared for the roads

Well, I've noticed a few threads appearing about P plate behaviour and how inappropriate and dangerous their driving is when compared to other, more responsible road users. As such I have worked out an effective way to remedy the issue. For those unfamiliar with the Learner License in the ACT...
  20. wespelarno

Dirt Jump Lines

Some friends and I have been working on a set of dirt jumps. After working on lines, seeing what flows and what doesn't, I'd be really interested to see what kind of set ups people have. We currently have several tightly spaced jumps and berms that flow fairly nicely. Transitions still need some...