Search results

1. clockworked

TAS 20 or 24" kids bike

Item: Any kids bike that is more convenient to acquire, or better than a commencal ramone plus tyred rigid 24" Location: The best place on earth - tasmania Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to 600 (how much a commencal is!) Extra Info: Just keen on any kids bike. Preferrably plus tyres, doesn't...
  2. clockworked

covid prices were weird: what are things worth now?

Second hand pricing is whack. Especially on the other online platforms. I was wondering what the replacement cost would be to swap my forks for something new, but I'm not sure where things are now. I thought a feedback thread could be useful. Obviously really "funny" members will post joke...
  3. clockworked

suspension stiction / resistance to movement

To the physics nerds: Is stiction at the start of the stroke in air suspension the same independent of spring rate? Ie: is stiction a relatively larger problem for lighter riders, or does the stiction stay relative to weight for heavier riders? Do lighter riders find more benefit in initial...
  4. clockworked

zee or saint rear derailleur 36t

Item: 10 speed saint or zee rear derailleur in the 36 tooth capacity. I've got a 25t version saint if you wanna swap Location: hobart Item Condition: working Price and price conditions: swap, or dependant on condition Extra Info: not the one marked "close ratio compatible" on the mount. I...
  5. clockworked

widest dual crown forks?

I've got a range vlt and I'm thinking about putting a dual crown fork on to replace the 180mm yaris. Problem is the headtube is pretty wide amd I'm worried that it'll prevent adequate turning radius with dual crowns. Is anyone aware of a fork that sits a little wider than the 110mm axle...
  6. clockworked

leverage ratio calculator?

So i just bought a new bike (range vlt) that came with a very basic suspension package including a coil shock. I'm going to upgrade the yari fork, but the super deluxe R shock is apparently not improvable, so I'd like to buy a new shock I'll probably just get a coil, because weight doesn't...
  7. clockworked

does anyone actually on a bike store here?

A mate and i are spitballing opening a bike shop. Is there anyone on here that owns a shop and is willing to discuss trade and business specifics over PMs? Total wanker vanity project for sure.
  8. clockworked

maydena's trail conditions

I reckon we should keep a log of trail conditions at maydena so people know when to visit, or not. I've been up there twice in the last two months, and a bunch of times jan-march this year. The maintenance on the upper trails (particularly the compulsory trails skyline, tea trees and pandani)...
  9. clockworked

sold shimano hg dt swiss freehub

Item: shimano hg freehub body to fit dt swiss 240 ratchet hub Location: happy to post Item Condition: working, preferrably near new Reason for buying: want to try prime 9 and everything is sold out! Price and price conditions: its a seller's market Extra Info: will swap for sram xd freehub if...
  10. clockworked

want to swap XL kona honzo ST

Item: XL kona honzo ST frame 2016 Location: Hobart Item Condition: bit of shuttle rash, otherwise good Reason for selling: the XL is just a bit too big. I'd like to swap for a large size honzo, or xc/trail dually frame (plus cash) Price and price conditions: swaps. Bit of cash thrown in for a...
  11. clockworked

feckin cranks these days

I used to think i was pretty savvy finding bike parts, but it seems like I'm not any more! I want a set of cranks to fit a 68/73mm threaded bottom bracket. Can take boost or non-boost (boost means i have an excuse for a new frame) Something that fits the existing 24mm axle and a 104bcd...
  12. clockworked

help with footwear.

So I'm trying to decide on some new shoes. I would usually go for something utilitarian and reliable, but I'm considering changing it up for something cool. I am worried I'll look like an insufferable twat if i get something too hip though. Here's the two options, based on your experience over...
  13. clockworked

TAS 30.9mm dropper post found

Item: internally routed 30.9mm wide dropper post Location: Hobart, preferably. Happy with posted Item Condition: near new if possible Price and price conditions: under $300 Extra Info: i need a post that has a total length of 450mm. Most 150mm travel posts will work. I can't fit anything longer...
  14. clockworked

light dropper post options

So I need a 30.9 dropper post for a new frame. I'd prefer cable actuated, and I'd like it as light as possible. Are there any notably lighter posts?
  15. clockworked

help me buy forks TODAY!

So ive found a good fork option for my bike at $1100 and before i buy them today i want to check I've got the best deal. So get your internet shopping/procrastinating hats on and see if we can find better together Aims 160-170mm 27.5 Non-boost fine, but will make boost work Has to compete with...
  16. clockworked

Kenevo kompetitors

So the new kenevo is out. It's marketing claims it's essentially a self shuttling downhill bike. Is anyone aware of any real competition? Not another heavy duty trail bike, but proper a downhill orientated design. https://www.specialized.com/au/en/turbo-kenevo
  17. clockworked

vital mtb gear club

Has anyone signed up for the gear club with vitalmtb? It looks a pretty good idea, but has been a little heavy on own-brand gear in the first year Here is what the first year delivered
  18. clockworked

Shockwiz hire in hobart

Does anyone hire shockwiz's in Hobart? And if not, would anyone like to hire one from me if I buy one? I'm thinking $50/week.
  19. clockworked

where is upper upper luge

Can anyone PM me a map marker for the start of upper upper luge? I'm hoping to link it on a ride down from the springs but ive never ridden to the top of it before Cheers!
  20. clockworked

TAS 142x12mm hub or wheel

Item: decent 142mmx12, 32 hole, 6-bolt rear hub, preferrably XD freehub Location: hobart Item Condition: good enough to compete with a brand new hope pro 4 Reason for buying: don't really want to invest on the old standard Price and price conditions: up to 250