Search results

1. A

fox f100 top out / rebound

Getting some excessive topping out on small bumps (ie have not noticed it on bigger hits) At 1st it felt sort of like a loose headset but that’s all under control and set up correctly Could this be ebound related? I have a feeling I have messed up the dial when I was fiddling about with...
  2. A

29er suspension fork

Item: 29er suspension fork - what ya got? Location: doesnt matter Price range/Willing to Pay:up to max $500 Extra Info: must be in tip top condition. steerer tube minimum 190mm
  3. A

idiot commuters

Yesterday I thought I would ride into work for the 1st time in a couple of months…. Mistake. The fluro reflective vest crowd really drive me mental. In one day’s commute (only 3km each way) I saw some of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen on the road in peak hr traffic. - hybrid...
  4. A

people that use the word PIMP

is it just me or do other people get irritated when people say things like 'oh man that is so pimp' etc i think i am getting old as i hate almost everything that young squids say these days
  5. A

adjusting reach/saddle position

having a lot of trouble getting comfortable on my road bike, when i ride i spend most of my time with my hands on the corners or in the middle. i dont know if i need to bring my bars back towards me of get the seat further forward. how can i work out if the saddle is in the correct...
  6. A

sensual seduction

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qSS_DY_z-Dc who ever thought snoop dogg would be making this stuff?! its awesome/hilarious.
  7. A

12t cog for bmx chain

Item: 12t cog for bmx chain Location: adel or post ok Price and price conditions: cogs are not expensive Extra Info:nope Pictures:nope not a cog out of a cassette, but with shimano spline, ie the same as shimano DX cogs. thanks.
  8. A

TDU now a ProTour event

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22495396-5006301,00.html TDU will be even better now with all the top tier riders racing here :eek:
  9. A

gravedigs are not always bad

http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=44146&page=2 not sure why this was locked, at least this person did a search, plus its all on topic i dont really see the problem?
  10. A

replacing derailleur jockey wheels

replacing standard 06 xtr rear der wheels with some whiz bang pointless bling anodized alloy ones - is there any chance this will alter the adjustment of the rear der/how the chain picks up off the cassette? i was planning to install them tonight but have a medium sized ride tomorrow that i...
  11. A

12hr race - what to take?

pretty sure what i will need in terms of spares for the bike, but what about all the other stuff? some sort of tent setup? etc etc etc?
  12. A

roadie miles

just curious, about how many km are you guys doing per week on your road bikes? i am looking to get my fitness up a bit before hitting the hills and doing around 20km 4 times a week and then around 80km all up on the weekends, generally flat terrain but at a moderate/high intensity should...
  13. A

Flip Flop Roadie Hub

What: Flip Flop Roadie Hub 130mm spacing. prefer 16t freewheel and around 14t fixed Price range/Willing to Pay: depends what youve got for me Location: sunny adelaide Extra Info: *may* be interested in complete wheelset if you have one laced up Contact me : via pm Love from : me
  14. A

3 rings needed?

maybe its just my style but i dont often use the large ring and if i need to use the granny then its probably faster (and more stable!) to get off and leg it and now since riding my roadie a lot more i have noticed i am 99% of the time in the small (44 i think) ring on that one so i am...
  15. A

Arabic T-shirt sparks airport row

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5297822.stm gotta love the united states of freedom!
  16. A

12t cog

anyone know where i can get a 12t bmx cog (suit 1/8 chain) with a shimano cassette spline? if you say chris king or boone i will happily send you the invoice :eek:
  17. A

computers

thought this would be better in this part of the forum rather than the 'what should i buy' section. i am considering getting a computer and not really sure what i should be looking for. is it worth the huge price difference to get one with cadence and HRM? looking for thoughts and...
  18. A

XTR M950/952 chainring spider

What: XTR M950/952 chainring spider - jsut the spider, not the cranks Price range/Willing to Pay: depends if someone even has one Location: anywhere Extra Info: don't need the lockring or anything... may take a chainring as well if you have a 42T or larger
  19. A

Road Frame & Fork

What: Road Frame & Fork Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheapish Location: Adelaide, can courier depending on item. Extra Info: 53-56cm horizontal/track dropouts are a must have track specific frame is no good, ie it must have the brake mounting hole on frame & fork headset & bb would be...
  20. A

Full Length Cable Housing

Reasons for/against? I have noticed a lot of people are doing this now and wondering what the benefits are. I have a 2 piece housing on the rear vbrake cable on one of my bikes and wondering if a full length housing will give it 'nicer' modulation? My front brake is of course a full length...