Search results

1. P

VIC SOLD XL (21.5) Trek Procaliber 9.7

Item: Trek Procaliber 9.7 Location: Geelong Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: looking fast but being slow is getting a bit stale. Price and price conditions: $850 negotiable, prefer not to post, can drop at a bike shop to box if you're desperate. Extra Info: Bought second hand, I'm the...
  2. P

VIC SOLD RF Elbow guards and NZO shorts

Item: Race Face Ambush d3o Elbow guards Size M & NZO Burners Orange Size M Location: Geelong Item Condition: both used but great condition Reason for selling: I'm a larger human than I used to be. Price and price conditions: $10 each excluding postage Extra Info: keen to move these on but would...
  3. P

Flat Pedal roundup thread

Went searching for a flat pedal thread but everything seemed to be a few years old and aimed either at budget or best money can buy but nothing in between. Looking for some new flat pedals myself after going through a few different models so thought I'd write a little spiel on what I've tried in...
  4. P

VIC SOLDSpecialized 2FO Flats Size EU43 US9

SOLD Item: Specialized 2FO Flats Size EU43 US9 Location: Geelong Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: Had them as spares, but they're too small Price and price conditions: $60 plus post Extra Info: Have had these sitting in the cupboard as spares since last year. Old shoes have...
  5. P

Praxis works PF30 to GXP

So I've had a praxis works conversion BB on my bike for a while now and have had no need to touch it. Recently I was riding along and noticed some play in the BB. For those familiar with the praxis BB, the drive dude cup had started to loosen from the NDS sleeve and was moving around slightly...
  6. P

Only in America MTBR thread

Who would have thought? A nice pleasant MTB ride but you still need to carry your gun, bowie knife and metre long torch..... http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=1023782
  7. P

What to do with OD2 fork...??

So I have been gifted an older 29 Fox evolution fork....with a dreaded OD2 steerer. My frame is a straight 1 1/8 integrated. Apart from the obvious throwing it in the bin, are there any other options? It's an open bath damper, so definitely not the latest or greatest, but I'd happily run...
  8. P

VIC SOLD On-One Inbred SS 26er-Med/18"

Frame SOLD Item: On-One Inbred SS 26er-Med/18" almost complete bike minus front wheel. Location: Geelong Item Condition: used Reason for selling: need space in the shed for more bikes Price and price conditions: $450 plus any postage/shipping/handling Extra Info: So another build is on...
  9. P

Brexit - Good time to rush crc/wiggle/UK online stores?

So with the GBP value plummeting (as predicted) post Brexit, has anyone gone onto the WWW and bought heaps o bike shit? With the value dropping so much it reminds me of those halcyon days of parity!( not that it's that good, but closer!)
  10. P

Melrose Fat Tyre Festival 2016

Anyone else heading to Melrose on the long weekend for the fat tyre festival??
  11. P

29er XC Fork

Ok, I've been trawling the internets looking for a screaming deal on a new 29er fork with no luck. Item: 29er xc fork 100mm travel. Steerer can be straight or tapered. Prefer 15mm axle, not totally averse to qr. Location: Geelong Price: under $250ish and/or less than new. Extra info: I have...
  12. P

Giyo Air Tank/GF-94T/Airwave Airblast

Has anyone else got their hands on one of these yet? Look like a cheaper/possibly more robust alternative to the Bonty Flash Charger. And almost in the realms of normal floor pump price! Now that I have mine, I can say that they're available from Cell bikes at $120. Haven't used it in anger...
  13. P

VIC Large 26 single speed frame

Looking for a large 26 single speed frame. I'm currently running an 18inch inbred that I got off here cheaply. Ideally would just swap over to a larger inbred. The cheaper the better, $300 for a bare frame at the maximum, and I don't really need any forks/cranks/other attachments. Might be happy...
  14. P

Shimano Front Derailleur

Item: Shimano Low mount, top pull 2x Front derailleur. 3x may also work? Location: Geelong Price range/Willing to Pay: Somewhere under $20 Extra Info: I have already ordered one from the magical internet, but my wife is super keen to go for a ride on her new bike, so I'm trying to catch...
  15. P

Demo days are dead?

Was just thinking back to when a large number of the major brands had demo fleets and demo days where you could ride their bikes on real single track instead of around a carpark. Am I way out of the loop, or are they just not happening as often, if at all?
  16. P

Budget/Value XC race bike

I'm looking for some help putting together/recommending an affordable XC race bike. I'm definitely not at the pointy end, and never race more than 50km/3hours. Crash fairly regularly and am often running from work straight to a race so don't have time for heaps of bike prep/maintenance. Can't...
  17. P

VIC 27.2x400 seatpost and 80-100mm stem

Item: 27.2 x 400 seatpost and 80-100mm stem Location: Geelong Price range/Willing to Pay: Ideally <$50 for both items. Extra Info: Going on a bike built from stuff I had lying around, to roll around on. So hoping to keep well down on the dollar side of the equation. I might, however, be...
  18. P

VIC Sold

SOLD Item: Avanti K.I.S.S. 29er Frame and Fork Location: Geelong Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Taking up valuable space Price and price conditions: $100 plus post Extra Info: Frame is well used, I believe I am the 3rd owner. Has been in storage for the last 2 years. From the...
  19. P

WTB: 165mm double crankset

Item: 165mm double crankset Location: Geelong, happy to pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: <$150 Extra Info: Looking for something for my wifes bike, lighter the better, but clearly budget will dictate that. Might be interested in 170mm but would need to be a screaming deal...
  20. P

WTB: WTB Vigo saddle

Item: WTB Vigo Saddle Location: Geelong, Happy to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: somewhere below $70 depending on condition Extra Info: Very keen on this specific model, but open to other WTB saddles around the 140mm wide mark.