Search results

1. Misplaced

SRAM DUB - Another thing you didnt ask for to fix that problem you have but didnt know about.

So once you let the marketing wash over you (and then have a wash), the summary is SRAM have created a new crank standard and BB unit standard to fit into existing BB shell options. I like the way they proudly pronounce themselves the spotters of ( not contributors to) the BB standards problem...
  2. Misplaced

Another LBS vs OS debate?..maybe.

Many moons ago, when I first got struck by the crazy ‘Mountain-Bicycle’ fad that was sure to come and go ( just like wide skateboards, Bob Marley/Nirvana t-shirts and loose clothing with key chains dangling…oh hang on). Anyway, quite some time ago I picked up my first MTB. Instantly, this was my...
  3. Misplaced

Fox 29er forks

I'm debating whether to get the F29 RLC or the F32 Talas 29 RLC. So far, the Talas has it by a nose. Educated opinions wanted. The fox website tells me both are the same weight. Does anyone know the real world weights of either or both?
  4. Misplaced

29er SIDs ?

Is there such a thing? or is it just Rebas in the Rockshox line
  5. Misplaced

SOLD Yeti ASR SL frame w/ Rp23 SOLD

Item: Yeti ASR sl frame, RP23, Carbon chainstays, Anodised black Location:Adelaide Item Condition: Very good, only a few minor rub marks Reason for selling: 29er time Price and price conditions: Frame, spares and Seat - $650 + postage or Frame, Fork, Headset, spares and Seat -...
  6. Misplaced

mods pls delete

pls delete
  7. Misplaced

please delete

10 charsss
  8. Misplaced

The Tubeless Chronicles. Sceptic to Believer?

I intend to review 'conversion Tubeless' as objectively as I can over a decent enough period of time. At this stage, I am still running tubes on all my bikes and I am a tubeless sceptic. However in the interest of 'bike science' and my curiosity I am going to give it a go. For clarity I will...
  9. Misplaced

Helmet cam footage - Best Video editing software?

So, to those in the know. I'm starting to use my Gopro HD cam and want to splice out the crap and add tunes. Opinions on what is the best free video editing software and whats the best purchased software?
  10. Misplaced

What type of Jockey wheels? ( SRAM XO)

Ok, I'm going nuts, I'm normally good at these compatibility issues but I'm stumped. I need to replace the jockey wheels on my short cage XO mech, Its carbon cage circa 07. Problem is, I've bought X9 and x0 jockey wheels from various sources and none fit. the issue seems to be that the...
  11. Misplaced

What does "Riding to Heartrate" mean?

Stumbled across the sentence in a blog and am bit confused. I am 'aware' of the zones (aware being I know the term!) but is there a magic number one rides to for best performance?
  12. Misplaced

Removing bottlecage mounts

No results from the search so... Any experience out there on the best way to remove cage mounts ( the two press in steel inserts) from frames? preferably with no or minimal damage to frame.
  13. Misplaced

SOLD Fox Flux Hemet hardly used SOLD

For sale: Fox Flux Helmet Item Condition: Very good Price and price conditions: $70 Extra Info: Medium size Contact Details: PM me pls Location: Adelaide/ blackwoodish Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Pick up or post (at your cost) SOLD
  14. Misplaced

Roof bikes

Space is really becoming limited and I am toying with the idea of 'hanging' a few bikes from the shed roof. What I mean though is having them flat against the roof, not hanging down. I'm seem a few sheds like this in photos, but wondering if anyone does it and has a few tips? The bikes...
  15. Misplaced

Recent dealings with GripSport – Expectations not met

Unfortunately I feel it’s my civic duty to inform prospective customers of my recent experience with GripSport. My experience with GripSport just didn’t sit right from the start and even up to the final part of the process, nothing occurred the way I thought it would. My requirement was a...
  16. Misplaced

XC stem clamping area heights

Yes, thats right, someone got a steerer too short and now needs to adjust everything else. I've already got a low stack headset, but I need to get a stem with a lower clamp height. Current one is a thomson at 50mm. So, I searched and although the issue has come up a few times, it was...
  17. Misplaced

SOLD Craftworks Rail -Great condition SOLD

Item: Craftworks RAIL 2005 Location: Adelaide SA (will post at buyers expense) Item Condition: Excellent condition, maintained regularly with love. Used as a xc and commuter bike. Reason for selling: Got myself an FRX! Price and price conditions: $800 ono Extra Info: FRAME: Large FORKS...
  18. Misplaced

Heart rate zones

I performed a search both here and on the web in general. There is so much information on this its mind boggling! not to mention the amount of conflicting information. So, I have a specific question to ask and hope the learned can answer simply. My HR max is 180. I'm about to do an enduro...
  19. Misplaced

Ideas for making your own Gel 'servings/ sachets'

So, you can now buy Endura gel in 500ml bottles, great! its cheaper in bulk. But..unless I'm doing a 1000km race, I wont be hauling 500ml of gel with me anytime soon. so, reaching out for ideas from XC racers on ways to divide down to usable portions and suggested containers. How do...
  20. Misplaced

Polar Heart rate/speed monitor 720i - SOLD

Item: Polar Heart rate/speed monitor 720i Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Great condition Reason for selling: Can't 'train like a pro' no more Price and price conditions: $200 + postage (if necessary) Extra Info: Top o' the line stuff, barely used. Comes with all fittings, manuals and...