Search results

1. C

VIC WTB - SRAM Shifter

Item: SRAM Shifter - Working 10 speed or alternative for shift paddle Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: Happy to discuss depending on condition Extra Info: I've got an X7 10 Speed shifter with a broken shift paddle, looking for either a replacement 10 speed shifter or something I...
  2. C

VIC WTB: Avid Split Clamps - Not Matchmaker

WTB: Avid Split Clamps Price: Let me know Location: Melbourne Extra Info: Got a new brake set which came with Matchmakers, they are no use to me so happy to swap if you want them Cheers.
  3. C

Final Year Research & Development Project

Nitpicking is fine. Yeah, it should say question 5, i've just gone and fixed it up. Thanks.
  4. C

That would probably be because I posted the wrong link sorry. The one below should take you straight to some questions. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=wezIISCnW0KrwD_2bnTc0XTg_3d_3d
  5. C

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on my final year research and development project as part of my Bachelor of Engineering. I've chosen to design playground equipment for children in wheelchairs. The project goes for the whole year while we research and then design the product. As part of my...
  6. C

My Bomb

Hers my Da Bomb Grenade, had it for a couple of years now and thought I would post it up here to see what people generaly thought of it. Started out as a 2001 model AC1 but a few things have changed since then. I think I've built myself a pretty good do-it-aller. Specs are as follows...
  7. C

disc brakes really hurt

I'll admit I've done a similar thing while cleaning the rotors on my bike. Gave the wheel a spin and caught the top of my finger between the rotor and the calliper. Deffinitely one of the more stupid things I've done.
  8. C

Stick Figure animation program

This reminds me of all the time I spent at www.stickdeath.com while I was meant to be researching newspaper articles at high school. Check it out..
  9. C

Who has got the best bargain?

After reading the thread about who has spent the most on their bikes and not being able to compete with a lot of the figures, I thought it would be nice to find out who has got the best bargain on their bike or accessories. I'll start things off. Got a Dainese full suit off a mate for $40...
  10. C

Hardtails

I got my self a DaBomb grenade last year and it has been sweet to ride. I set it up with all the bits off my old AC1. I liked the 4130 frame and its quality. I'm pretty sure that im going to end up hurting myself pretty bad before anything happens to the frme.
  11. C

can i change my hardtail

I made the move the other way, taking everything off my dualie and putting on a hard tail. It's heaps easier to pedal my way to uni and still heaps of fun to take down hill as well. Hold on to the hard tail untill your sure you know what you'll be doing more of.
  12. C

International Ginger Kids Foundation

But what about the day walkers........
  13. C

Guns at Skateparks

Having lived in Hawthorn for a while, me and a friend were mugged by 5 others on the way home from a pub. There was no previous interaction, it just happened all of a suuden. One of the things I came to realise from it was just how often it happens. Afterwards, just about everyone I talked to...
  14. C

made my own DH bike...check it out

I have to agree with what most people are saying and congratulate you on making a pretty sweet frame. I imagine most of us have sketched down a frame design at one stage or another, great job to go through with it. Be sure to show us what you come up with next!
  15. C

New body armor technology?

Sounds like a good thing that they're coming up with. I've heard a bit of stuff about nano-technology through my uni course and how those materials can change their properties depending on their environment and a slight electric current. I wonder if there will be any developments with that in...
  16. C

SBS MTB coverage of Nats.... show your appreciation

I just emailed off my thanks aswell. It was great to see the nationals getting some good coverage. Especially for those of us who couldn't get there. I hope SBS keeps up with the good work, there is definitely an audience out there!!