Search results

1. D

Specialized Pitch Pro 2010 medium

Hey all, Was wondering if anyone would be interested in a swap, i have a Specialized Pitch Pro 2010 Large frame 26"er that is Green and white with rear Fox air shock. It has a 1/1/8 headset size and i want to swap it for a XC hardtail frame. Im open to something equivalent it doesnt have to...
  2. D

Paraglider fan on DH bike william hovell dr

Was on the way home the other day after some DH runs at Stromlo in Canberra, was taking William hovell Dr home which is a 90km zone and we seen a guy on a DH bike, looked like a Giant Glory but with a Paraglider fan on his back smashing it up the hwy. This was an uphill section too and i...
  3. D

Scott 24 Hr 2012

Many people from here register for Scott 24 hr 2012 at Stromlo? Have not seen much talk on here about it so i thought id start up a thread. I've been riding pretty regularly out at Stromlo to get the fitness up but always need more. Although its my first 24 hour race so i'm not expecting to...
  4. D

Thredbo flow track

Hey Last time i was at Thredbo (approx Feb this year) i seen construction of some form of a flow track. I seen this on the way up in the chair lift on the right hand side of the mountain. didnt look super tech with rocks etc it just looked nice and smooth with some jumps and berms. Anyone...
  5. D

Radio station no sporting news?

Ok stupid question time, Does anyone know if ABC radio or any radio station in Aus reports on the news without a sporting section? I have been listening to ABC radio but they break every 30 mins or so from the news to report on 15 or 20 minutes worth of sporting news. It wouldnt be so bad if...
  6. D

Thredbo 25th Feb then Stromlo

Few of us are heading to Thredbo from Canberra for a day trip on the 25th Feb, Anyone planning on heading up the same day? Also looking at getting some shuttle runs in at Stromlo the weekend after as we ride there most weekends, anyone keen? I've got a Ute that can take about 5 bikes approx
  7. D

MTA qualified mechanic

I have seen on some ads that certain bike stores have "MTA qualified mechanics" in their workshop. For someone that doesn't work in the bike industry and only an avid rider can someone tell me what MTA stands for. Is it a course that Any mechanic needs to complete to become fully qualified...
  8. D

Thredbo 28th Jan

Hey just wondering if anyone has any photos from the Saturday 28th Jan just yesterday? i seen quiet a few photographers there that day. Just thought i might track down myself in any of them. Sorry if im asking in the wrong area.
  9. D

Park tools review

Hey i just purchased the Professional Tool Kit PK-63 tool kit, Ive got a few Park tool bits and pieces but wanted to have a full setup. Wanted to know if anyone else has setup their home shed with a kit like this and what their opinion / reviews of it were...
  10. D

Thredbo trip Jan

Hey Everyone, A few mates and i are looking at staying up at Thredbo for 1 night over the 28th-29th weekend in Jan this year. Probably stay in one of the 2 room lodges in Thredbo village its self and have a 2 day lift pass along with all our own gear. Shouldn't be too exp because of bringing...
  11. D

Bike Mechanic course

i found some info on this website in regards to a course Cert 3 i think in bicycles mechanics http://www.autocareers.com.au/bicycles/profiles/profile_AUR31999.html i allready have a fulltime job but would love to do this course and wanna get weekend work or just "know bikes" n maybe help out...
  12. D

please delete this thread

please delete this thread
  13. D

Rear Shock wobble :S

This is posted for a Non-Farkiner, One of my mates has a Vp-Free and hes fitted a 5th Element shock on rear, Its started to wobble a little recently, not sideways but when you pick up the seat then drop it like a few inches it moves a little, like just a few mm or cm but ive been told cause the...
  14. D

04 - 05 Upgrade process V-10 not working

Does anyone know if the V-10 drop out kits come in different Axel sizes at all? im taking the wheels etc etc off my 04 V10 and they are a thicker axel width and hub etc compared to the thinner 05 model.. aparently if i wanna use the same wheels etc i have to buy a new dropout kit but a larger...
  15. D

SOLD..PLEASE DELETE manitou dorado DH 2003

SOLD..PLEASE DELETE Item: manitou dorado DH 2003, red, tpc+, soft and medium springs inc, Location: Canberra, Can post at buyers exspense Item Condition: Perfect, Never had any major problems with them ,just recently gave them a little fix up and everything is running smooth Reason for...
  16. D

SOLD!!!! Please Delete04 Santa Cruz V10 Blue Accept any Decent Offer

SOLD!!!! Please Delete Item:04 Santa Cruz V10 Blue Medium Majority of bike except (see below) $1200..Fanatastic Deal Location: Canberra Item Condition: Perfect, Only little cosmetic scratches on left hand side lower swing arm from falling over once, everything else is in clear tape to...
  17. D

Clict 2 DVD trailer, Anyone know that song?

The Clict 2 DVD song has an awsome track on it thats like old school funk or something and ive asked ppl around me but know one knows what it is...Anyone have an idea of who sings it? ..its like simliar stuff to what Alex Rankin puts on his Earthed Series..Mad old school tracks that are awsome...
  18. D

Farkistrator reviews unavailable

When i see reviews posted by the farkistrators and it says "Click HERE for full review " or somethnig similar with a Link to another page it never loads, ive tried different pc's n internet connections but with my same logon, all i get is the farkin page load then a copyright message from the...
  19. D

2003 Dorado problem

Hey guys ive got some pics to show exactly whats going on but i noticed after a ride the otherday this clicking noise..i thought it was my headset loose or something but i noticed (pics included) on the top of the right leg is this little round thing with grip on it to twist (no matter what way...
  20. D

Problems Taking off Hayes Hydro Disc

Ive just recently got a new 07 model of Avid 7's with 8" rotors, Heaps nice, Thanks Lazy_luke..and when i went to take my old Hayes off the front disc wont come off, the bolts that are Torque tightnd or whatever i can get 3 or 4 off but the stubborn last too have stripped my bloody allen key...