Search results

1. C

Electric Vehicles etc

we got a 15A socket and dedicated line installed. Around $500 parts and labour. We've a Leaf with a 20kW battery so the overall need isn't huge.
  2. C

Electric Vehicles etc

Likewise with the Alpha Wolf - love the look and approach and size... but more than vaguely dubious they will come to fruition.
  3. C

Electric Vehicles etc

I like the look / idea of the AWD XC version. Doesn't seem to be any commitment to getting them in Oz?
  4. C

Electric Vehicles etc

surely farmers will be a fair way down the purchasing list - large companies looking to meet their transition fleet commitments seem to me to be the most likely buyers? Anyway, too cheap for a farm ute, needs to be a $140k plus 70-series.
  5. C

Electric Vehicles etc

They'll be all over regen braking in a few days, it's a quick adjustment. Some have variable strength settings for it, not sure about the Polestar. I still marvel a little each time i draw off the accelerator and the damned thing just makes eletrickery.
  6. C

Electric Vehicles etc

Nice! Something for the future when we upgrade from a 15A plug :)
  7. C

Electric Vehicles etc

Every maker seems to take a different approach, very strange. My leaf I can set charge on and off times, but not set a % cut-off amount. Would be perfect to set at X:00 o'clock and off at 80%, but alas.
  8. C

What are you reading? Books, articles or publications of any kind!

Have a whirl at 'The Dawn of Everything' by Graeber and Wengrow. Graeber's 'Debt: the first 5,000 years' and 'Bullshit Jobs' are also worth a read.
  9. C

Electric Vehicles etc

A 50% degraded 2012 nissan leaf is still the same as a tesla home battery.
  10. C

Electric Vehicles etc

Takes over a month to get a key for a VW from bloody Brasil or somewhere, and thenpay a fee to make it actually start your car. Cars are stupid. Also, we bought a leaf for driving locally. Love it so far.
  11. C

What does your day look like?

Back to the OP. Currently my day looks like three screens and a phone. Shouldn't complain but... Fk me. Fk lockdown. Want a trip to ride or ski.
  12. C

2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

I know what you mean about the thyme - after binning it I smelt like dinner!
  13. C

2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

I gave myself concussion there doing TransNZ o_O Great riding, went back there the next week for a day. A bit more challenging without 'race face' on!
  14. C

VIC Enduro Tour

I'm out - you may have jagged my spot! Car/family issues, couldn't go. Ride fast, have fun!
  15. C

Mountain Biking Australia Magazine is finished. Thoughts?

A bummer, my +1 used to work for JH at Port Kembla, by all accounts a great guy.
  16. C

VIC Enduro Tour

Well, occasional riding! I will struggle to keep off the bottom of the group but that's ok :)
  17. C

VIC Enduro Tour

ok fk it am entered and if allowed across the border in six weeks will be there!
  18. C

VIC Enduro Tour

Masters, just - a few months off Super Masters when using their end May 2021 cutoff. Getting up 'early' to train seems not to be getting any easier! Still contemplating, have just found a not yet problematic but treatable only with surgery problem...
  19. C

VIC Enduro Tour

am tempted, will aim to fight off wooden spoon in my category.