Search results

1. thepotatokid

Confessions from the fuckwits

Yeah totally! Think I’ll have to order a new hose, as it seems to be the only way to get the rubber cover [emoji2357] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. thepotatokid

Confessions from the fuckwits

Bought a new set of Hayes Dominions off CRC a while back. Opened them up and put all the little parts in a safe place until I could be arsed putting them on. Thought it was about time, so took off the old rear brake, had to cut the hose as it wouldn’t fit thru internal routing with the olive...
  3. thepotatokid

Bargain buys thread

More tyres… https://www.dirtworksb2b.com.au/e-thirteen-tyres Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. thepotatokid

Newly Released Bikes General

Has this been done yet? https://www.bansheebikes.com/enigma Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. thepotatokid

shitty pikes - are they meant to be like this?

I’d try changing the air spring to Debonair B1 or C1. I had a similar issue with the original Pike air spring and the newer Debonair springs are a shed load better! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. thepotatokid

Newly Released Bikes General

Interesting that they’re not specing them with a piggyback shock. I guess poppy is going to be the word of the day in reviews for this bike. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. thepotatokid

Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

That’s an awesome build. How did you get the belt drive on? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. thepotatokid

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Anyone tried these as a helmet light? https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/cleanskin-unite-1000-lumen-front-led-light-with-helmet-mount Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. thepotatokid

TAS FOUND: 32 spoke 26 inch rim

Yes Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. thepotatokid

TAS FOUND: 32 spoke 26 inch rim

I have an xc717 rim somewhere (I think). Let me know if that suits? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. thepotatokid

Which rattle can for frame painting

SprayBike paint does a great job, and isn’t much more expensive than Bunnings spray paint. They have a distributor in Melbourne IIRC Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. thepotatokid

Sold Light Bicycle carbon rims AM735 (a pair) 27.5

wheel size? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. thepotatokid

Advice for a flat pedal newb

Ryan Leech had a good series of videos/drills for moving to flats. I followed his guide when I moved to flats a couple of years back and found it very helpful. Not sure if it is still available but worth looking at. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. thepotatokid

Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

This sounds like a good idea, definitely trying that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. thepotatokid

Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

I’ve had Vaults, V12s and the one up composites. I’d rank them in that order. The one ups have thinner pins as standard, which I felt didn’t provide as good grip as DMRs. The upside it’s easier to move your foot on the pedal, if you like that kind of thing. V12 have been great but vault...
  16. thepotatokid

wanted - ummmm, things? I can't keep track anymore! - found

I've got a front wheel in the shed, Stan's Flow EX on Hope Pro 4, non-boost. Plus a Minion DHF 27.5x2.5. PM me if you're interested... Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  17. thepotatokid

I Spec A shifter - I spec ii brake options

Try these: https://problemsolversbike.com/article/mismatch-and-rematch-make-me-a-match Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  18. thepotatokid

TAS FOUND SRAM 9sp Long Cage RD

Did you find one? If not I probably have one somewhere. I'm in Hobart too, PM me if you are interested. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  19. thepotatokid

26" forks (for v-brakes!!!)

Oops fixed. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  20. thepotatokid

26" forks (for v-brakes!!!)

Item: suspension forks, for 26in wheels with v-brake studs. Location: Hobart Price range/Willing to Pay: $100? Probably more for the right fork Extra Info: Straight steerer obviously, needs to be decent length (180mm +) After something decent in good nick, no elastomers please. Sent from my...