Search results

1. B

First trail wheelset advice

No question for me as I have DT350 with EX511 J-bend 32 spoke. How much more would it be to go for a custom wheelset ? I believe the EX1700 comes with 28 straight spokes. Is this for a bike that will be sold in 12 months or is it a keeper ? Buy once, cry once...
  2. B

Adapter for 180 to 200 rotor

Yes it does. SM-MA-F180P/P2 works fine for 180 RockShox fork to 200 Sram HS2 rotor.
  3. B

Nerfonomics

See comment about low paying jobs :)
  4. B

Nerfonomics

Can I point out that the cities with affordable cheaper houses are the same ones with low paying jobs. PS There are no 1 bedroom units in Sydney within an hours travel of the CBD for $500K or less.
  5. B

My 170 v 175mm crank experiment: the results are in...

Got to be a lot to do with body size. Height, weight and inner leg measurements would be useful.
  6. B

Women, etc.

Or a hop.
  7. B

Women, etc.

As opposed to alive with no foot ?
  8. B

Rors' non-theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

With the brakes can you not just unscrew them, swap them over and tighten up ? Often you can get away with reusing the barbed ends and olives. If the lengths are in the ballpark then just leave it. A Shimano bleed funnel or cheapo copy should be about $10. You can probably get away with just a...
  9. B

Chainlines and 12 speed - 2 quick questions

My MRP AMG chainguide/bash guard came with spacer washers. I ended up using different spacers at the bottom than the top mounts. A bit of trial and error removing cranks etc more than once.
  10. B

The QUICK question thread.....

Could be legit. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Would still ring them up and check tho.
  11. B

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ROTFLMAO Nobody uses it on motorcycles for that either.
  12. B

Bargain buys thread

Doesn't everybody put $1K DT Swiss wheels on them tho ? I did with my $3K Marin hardtail :)
  13. B

The discount code thread

https://www.pushys.com.au/ 30% off 5-10, Leatt and DMR code FEST30 Ends 11pm Mon 14 Nov
  14. B

Bargain buys thread

https://www.pushys.com.au/ code FEST30 30% off 5-10, Leatt and DMR Ends 11pm Mon 14 Nov
  15. B

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

I just got 'invited' into the Qantas International Business Lounge; only $69 for Sydney and $59 for Auckland. Aren't Qantas wonderful.
  16. B

The QUICK question thread.....

Go EX511, you know you want to.
  17. B

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Like Qantas 99% full planes so not too fussed about the freight income. 6-12 months when more planes and flights are back in the schedule and airlines start competeing again for passengers the flight price will drop and secondary income will become more important. In the mean time "suck it" * *...
  18. B

The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

GMBN Magura factory tour
  19. B

The discount code thread

And again... Pushys 15% off almost everything plus free shipping (excludes gift cards, continental and garmin) code FRENZY15 ends 11pm Wed 9 Nov
  20. B

Brake Caliper Upgrade Options - Shimano v Shigura

Bang for buck; 1. larger rotors 2. sintered pads 3. 4 pot callipers Feel is something else again but I am in the camp that the feel comes from the lever.