Search results

1. T-Rex

Live feed for EWS?

Does anyone know if there’s a live feed of the EWS? Junior is having a run at Tweed Valley this weekend and he reckons GMBN is doing a live feed of the Saturday pro stage, but I can’t find anything about it. Apparently Discovery Channel purchased part of EWS and was planning on doing a live...
  2. T-Rex

NSW 2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team size Medium

Item: 2020 Commencal Meta AM 29 Team (Medium) Location: Sydney North side Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: T-Rex needs the space Price and price conditions: $5,700 Extra Info: More of Junior's gear cluttering up my house. This is his last season's bike, been here since February when...
  3. T-Rex

NSW Yakima Hangover 4 bike shuttle rack

Item: Junior's near new 4 bike shuttle rack, 3 months old, used maybe 5-6 times Location: Sydney, north side Item Condition: Used, but good as new Reason for selling: Junior got a company car and they won't let him fit a towbar to it. So he dumped this rack at my house. Price and price...
  4. T-Rex

Antique bikes - any value?

So a mate of a mate turned up to a ride the other day on an immaculate, top spec 2007 Kona Dawg. It's been sitting in storage for the last 12 years, and has only been ridden a handful of times,, he hadn't ridden it since about 2008 and is now re-entering the sport. It had some VERY flash parts...
  5. T-Rex

WTB: 100mm 29" non boost fork

I'm looking at buying a used XC bike, the preferred candidate bike has the rebound adjuster sheered off the bottom of the fork and the seller has struggled to locate the necessary parts to rectify it. So I'm thinking of buying the bike as is, and fitting another fork. The current fork is a...
  6. T-Rex

NSW 140mm Pike Debonair Charger 1 29" new

This isn't a template Item: Junior's Pikes Location: Sydney Item Condition: New Reason for selling: I'm sick of looking at them Price and price conditions: $550 plus postage Extra Info: These came off Junior's bike from last season, his sponsorship deal included a complete bike and...
  7. T-Rex

NSW Bantry Bay trees cleared

Did a sweep of the Bantry Bay tracks with my favourite gardening tool, cleared a lot of fallen trees south end of Possums and the fire road parallel to it. North end of Possums looked like someone else had tidied it up already. According to riders I met Serrata and Gahnia were clear, I didn’t go...
  8. T-Rex

Tubeless repair - recommendations

I’m looking for a Christmas present for Junior. He’s going to be racing EWS again next year, so I’m thinking about a plug kit with built in inflator, which seems to be the quick way of getting going again after putting a hole in a tyre. He has a plug kit and a separate inflator, I’m looking for...
  9. T-Rex

Trees down on Vovo's Mt Narra. Now sorted.

A couple of small trees got blown down on the weekend just after the creek crossing on Vovos at Mt Narra, I rode there yesterday (sunday) morning. I'm planning on heading up there at lunchtime today to clear them, please post here if anyone has already cleared them.
  10. T-Rex

26" DJ fork - which one?

Junior snapped the steerer tube on the forks on his DJ bike. I think the forks were originally off Caroline Buchanan's 4X bike from when she was about 15, so they had a long, hard life. Junior now reckons he needs a whole new bike, because "you cannot get 26 forks any more". A quick google...
  11. T-Rex

NSW B3 Mt Narra running

Junior and I took advantage of the crap weather yesterday to do some trail maintenance on Bernies III at Mt Narra, clearing fallen trees and pruning overhanging branches, so it should now be riding nicely. If you don’t know it, B3 is a 3 minute very technical decent, especially the last 100m or...
  12. T-Rex

Strava accuracy

I got all excited yesterday when I set a new PR down Luge at Stromlo, normally about a 3 minute segment for me, descending and lots of berms to rail for those who don’t know it, did a 2:43 according to Strava. I got even more excited when I checked riders I follow and saw I was only 1 second...
  13. T-Rex

FOUND Found - Light Stromlo

Found a light today lunchtime in the Stromlo car park. Possibly dropped yesterday at the Rocky Trail Superflow. If you are missing a light PM me a description, I'll let you know if it matches.
  14. T-Rex

NSW Giant Trance 2014. NSW and ACT. Sold

Item: Giant Trance 2014, medium frame Location: Sydney, North Side. But can deliver to Canberra late May as I will be down there for a couple of weeks. Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: too many bikes Price and price conditions: $1,500 Extra Info: Converted to 1x, 32T Blackspire NW...
  15. T-Rex

LOST Exposure rear light on Twin Peaks loop at Garigal NP

I've dropped my Exposure rear light (red) somewhere as I flailed around the Twin Peaks loop this morning, starting at the school car park. It's a great light for commuting, hoping someone has picked it up. Cheers.
  16. T-Rex

NSW 26inch rim brake wheels

My neighbor and wife's very close friend borrowed my wife's commuter and dropped it off the car rack at 100 kph, taco'ed both the wheels. Very embarrassed, but apparently because I'm a bike expert, it was Ok to return it stuffed. Big argument between me and wife ensued. Anyway, enough of...
  17. T-Rex

NSW Maxxis Minion DHF Super Tacky UST tyres NEW - - SOLD

More surplus stock being sold from the Shed at the House of Rex: Item: Maxxis Minion 26 x 2.5 DHF Super Tacky x 3 Location: North Shore, Sydney Item Condition: New Reason for selling: ... by now you know.... Price and price conditions: $25 each, plus postage. There's three (3)...
  18. T-Rex

Road trip Sydney to Melbourne

I’m putting together an itinerary for a road trip for some Kiwi friends, a father and son pair who are strong trail riders and very fit. They would fly into Sydney, then end up at relatives in Melbourne, taking roughly two weeks. Itinerary is: Fly into Sydney stay with us - Manly Dam (I’ll...
  19. T-Rex

Downhill wheels- Mavic EX721 on Hope Pro 2. Complete wheelset. SOLD

2 x complete spare wheelsets, including rotors, Minion ST USTs and 11-23 cassettes, built with DT Comp double butted spokes. No major dings, wheels have been trued and tensioned immediately prior to sale. Hope Pro II hubs 150 x 12 rear, 20mm front, have been well maintained. Tyres have...
  20. T-Rex

NSW Fox 40 2013, including extras. SOLD

Well maintained, serviced immediately prior to sale. Adjustable rebound, high speed compression, low speed compression, preload. Cosmetic scuff marks on the lowers (pictured), otherwise in excellent condition. 190mm steerer tube. If that's a problem for you I'll throw in a DM stem for...