Search results

1. C

Motion E18+ Linkage Fork

Well I am after 140mm and hoping for a relative bargain. But then I’m always keen to see the latest and greatest things come out.
  2. C

Motion E18+ Linkage Fork

Do you know if any dealers will end up bringing these into Oz? I always like to try different.
  3. C

Recovery for dummies

It will take years to get fit !!!!!!! Bugger. That means I will be in an old folks home by the time I get fit.
  4. C

New Gravity park in NSW (Mid North Coast?)

Its not too far to drive for me and have to go to Gloucester sometimes anyway, so keen to check it out sometime.
  5. C

Fitting imperial shock into metric bike.

Great, thanks for this, it explains it well.
  6. C

Yes, it does have a 190x45mm and I have checked clearance and linkage operation and going to 190x51 would be no problem, even 57mm stroke would be OK. What I was wondering though is about mounting hardware. If I buy an imperial sized shock, will standard metric hardware fit the shock or will...
  7. C

Ive already been thinking of shock upgrades for my Polygon D7 and have seen plenty of shocks available in imperial sizes. Just wondering if it only entails a change in eye bushings in the imperial shock to fit my metric bike, or it is more involved than that?
  8. C

How often to ride to build riding fitness.

That is a point, or as I did yesterday and used a light ride as a warm up for legs day at the gym.
  9. C

Ive got buggered knees from motocross injuries. Running is terrible with my knees, while MTB riding, so far, has been great.
  10. C

And have you (or other old buggers) found the spare tire around the belly disappears as your fitness goes up?
  11. C

Yes, I agree, I don't want it to become a chore. But then I didn't want to make my early gym mistakes and ride too often (if that is such a thing). A month after starting riding I have just got back 30 minutes ago from a ride to my local MTB track and did some loops. It seems global warming as...
  12. C

Thanks for the heads up. With my roster I have a few options with riding times. I will try to do a decent ride every 2nd to 3rd day, or otherwise throw in a quick 30 minute session whenever I can. As mentioned, I a not going to be tearing muscle fibres on my old fart rides the way I do at the...
  13. C

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I did my first mod to my first mountain bike today by fitting an absolute black oval chain ring to my 1 month old Polygon Siskiu D7. It seems to have helped a bit with my climbing. I'm now looking at updating my shock and forks soon.
  14. C

First time poster here. I'm a 50 year old gym rat who has been away from riding for too long. I bought a Polygon Siskiu D7 a month ago and quickly found muscle memory had gone. I know from my gym work, I need 4 days between working out a body part with heavy lifting. How about with building bike...