Search results

1. Scott2227

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

The amount my wife spends on cosmetics, hair appointments & new dresses, the last thing she would ever do is question my beer or golf spending and risk a detailed audit of the credit card! Even when I decided to take up MTB during lockdown and left home to buy an $1100 bike and came home with...
  2. Scott2227

Women, etc.

Fuck I am so happy I’m living in an era where someone can share the above in a place such as this. There is so much that is drilled into us as children about masculinity and male identity that I’m not surprised the mental health impacts on those who don’t directly identify with those traits...
  3. Scott2227

For those around Sunday Road country in southern Sydney, this is terrifyingly sessionable for 2.4 standards per can. ($40 for four)
  4. Scott2227

Front wheel quick release, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks all. I’ll give the axle and the ends of the forks a clean and see how it goes without lube. @creaky I thought something like that might be a risk so I took the axle piece well away from the bike to spray it.
  5. Scott2227

Front wheel quick release, what am i doing wrong?

Piggybacking off this so as not to start a new thread for a question that will likely be answered quickly and easily. My bike has a quick release front, which comes off every time I ride so the bike can fit in the car on the way to the trails and again on the way back. When the bike shop fit...
  6. Scott2227

Sorry — Run Wild, not Run Free.
  7. Scott2227

The Wayward Brewing Co Hazy Mid is a really great summer option. Had a really good tropical pale ale flavour but only 1.0 standards a can, so good for a session. Too many of the craft brewery options are 1.5 standards a can or more, which makes them a bit rocket fuelly for me. The Sunday Road...
  8. Scott2227

How wet is too wet?

Thanks very much. I follow Mill Creek Trail Assoc on FB but couldn’t see a way for followers to post on the page. Seems only the account itself can.
  9. Scott2227

How wet is too wet?

I went for a ride this afternoon at Mill Creek in southern Sydney. We’ve had about 3-4 inches of rain in the past 2-3 days but it wasn’t raining this afternoon. There were puddles here and there, but nothing deeper than the tread of the front tyre. But in 40 minutes covering a decent amount of...
  10. Scott2227

The Tyre Pressure Thread

Thanks all, very much appreciated.
  11. Scott2227

The Tyre Pressure Thread

I established in my intro post that I am a complete dickhead newbie. Rode MTB for the first time with my neighbour 18/8/21, bought a bike 19/8/21, got lost in the Royal National Park and had to walk out 20/8/21 and so on from there. I am coherent enough on the bike now that I am paying...
  12. Scott2227

Strange encounters on the trails

My old man and I were playing a first-light round of golf when I was about 15 at a rural course next to a wedding reception venue that had some accommodation attached to it. We get to the part of the course nearest the venue and hear noise in the grass behind the tee, we walk back to see what’s...
  13. Scott2227

Whoop

It monitors resting heart rate, heart rate variability, respiratory rate and sleep duration and compares them to your personal baseline. https://support.whoop.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019453454-WHOOP-Recovery
  14. Scott2227

Whoop

Any other Whoop users on here? I love mine and having only started riding recently am finding it interesting how different types of rides produce more or less strain than I’d have expected. I did a 20km fire trail ride earlier this week that was basically on par for strain with a 12km single...
  15. Scott2227

How often to ride to build riding fitness.

On this topic, I have been following this guy on Insta and he seems to make a decent bit of sense. https://instagram.com/mtb.fitness?utm_medium=copy_link Has anyone done his training program?
  16. Scott2227

How often to ride to build riding fitness.

Sadly this is very true. Not terribly convenient when the kids have been home for 12 weeks and all I’ve got to look forward to each day is delicious fucking food and beer!
  17. Scott2227

Southern Sydney newbie

North of the soccer fields and golf course?
  18. Scott2227

Southern Sydney newbie

I’ve been out there a couple of times, enjoy the variety of it vs Loftus and also the signposting. Though with a lot of those trails being one-way. I misread Trailforks last time I went, ended up over near Heathcote Rd at the top of a trail called Pump Action and lost a fair bit of bark trying...
  19. Scott2227

Southern Sydney newbie

G’day all, I’ve just started riding during the current Sydney lockdown because the golf club I play at is more than 5km from home and outside my LGA. Neighbour took me out around Grays Point and Loftus and I liked his son’s Cannondale Trail SE3 that I rode so I went and bought the same and...