Search results

1. mike14

VIC Handlebars: Nukeproof, Rocky Mountain, RaceFace

SOLD Item: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon Bars 780mm (uncut), 35mm diameter, 12mm rise, 5 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep Location: Melbourne, happy to post Item Condition: Very good. Slight scuffs from where they've been clamped. Scratch on bottom as per photo Reason for selling: Time for a change...
  2. mike14

Sold WTB Volt Race Saddle

Item: WTB Volt Race Saddle 142mm, chromoly rails Location: Melbourne. Happy to post Item Condition: Really good. Off a 5 month old RM Altitude. Swapped it out after around 100km. Some dirt scuffs on the fabric parts as per photos Reason for selling: WTB and my taint really don't get along so I...
  3. mike14

Sold RE-LIST 2019 YT Capra AL Large

Relist as buyer on facebook pulled out at the last minute... Item: 2019 Capra AL Large Location: Parkville (near Melb Zoo) - can potentially also do a weekend meetup at Youies Item Condition: Used but really good (see photo for one scrape on chainstay) Reason for selling: Going with something...
  4. mike14

Sold 2019 YT Capra (AL Comp) Large

Item: 2019 Capra AL Large Location: Parkville (near Melb Zoo) - can potentially also do a weekend meetup at Youies Item Condition: Used but really good (see photo for one scrape on chainstay) Reason for selling: Going with something else Price and price conditions: $3750 on here. Selling without...
  5. mike14

Santa Cruz Frame Recall

Figured this might impact/be of interest to a few: https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/aluminum-frame-recall
  6. mike14

Sold 150mm Dropper Post with Lever

Item: RaceFace Aeffect 150mm Dropper Post, 31.6x425mm. RaceFace lever with bar clamp Location: Parkville, Vic Item Condition: Very good. Comes off a bike that was purchased new in 2018 and I've had no issues with it. Was working flawlessly as of Friday, can't see any reason why it wouldn't be...
  7. mike14

Marco Osborne rocking out

As someone who really can't ride rocks (it's at least 50% mental at this point) I appreciated just how effortless he made this look. And how much fun...
  8. mike14

For a wheelie good time...

(Sorry about the pun) I've never upgraded the wheels on any bike that I've owned, so my question is; what am I missing out on? Would I feel the difference if I was to change up the wheels on my trail bike (currently running RaceFace Affect somethings (Z30?))? If so, what are some reputable...
  9. mike14

VIC Trail building work - Yarra Ranges

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or not allowed... Figured it may be of interest/use to some Just got sent a screenshot of a job ad looking for 4 x mtb trail builders to do 6 months of work. It's part of the Vic Govt initiative to find work for those impacted by COVID so you do have to...
  10. mike14

Traction in the mud

What are peoples recommendations for a winter rear tyre that can handle a bit of slop but still rolls ok? Recent trips to Wombat and Harcourt have showed me that the Aggressor is a little out of its depth at this time of year when the mud is around, and once it gets filled up it really isn't a...
  11. mike14

Crank length and angle headsets (or 2 questions, 1 thread)

Having spent last weekend watching on as my pedals and the local rocks got to know each other intimately; I feel it's time to ask, will switching to 170 or even 165mm cranks have an adverse effect on anything (pedaling, geometry, attraction from the opposite sex)? Or is changing out cranks not...
  12. mike14

Street/park/jumps bike help

Might not be the best place for this but the sub-forum seems dead..... My 7 year old has started showing an interest in skating, and I’ve realised that I’m far more likely to take him to skate park so he can practice being Tony Hawk if I’ve got something to do rather than just stand around and...
  13. mike14

VIC 2016 Canyon Strive AL6 Race - Large **SOLD**

Item full name and model etc. 2016 Canyon Strive AL6 - Large frame 27.5' non-boost Location Parkville (near Melbourne Zoo [and juvie]), sure I can post it at your expense Item condition description Awesome do it all bike that can handle everything from local rides at Lysterfield or You Yangs...
  14. mike14

Getting arsey (a saddle thread)

Bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but what are people's thoughts on good, comfortable saddles? I have a WTB Vault Pro that I really don't enjoy sitting so am looking to swap out. Another bike has a SDG Circuit which I don't mind, but I'm assuming there's got to be something...
  15. mike14

Which trail bike? Django/Sight/Fuel

Hi all, Any thoughts/comments on which of the following to choose? Looking for a 'fun' bike that will be used for riding all around Vic (and potentially elsewhere) up until the terrain turns into "shuttle day" territory and I'll use my Strive instead. I'm a terrible climber so any additional...
  16. mike14

Time to go dual suspension

Hi all Looking to buy a decent dual suspension 27.5 bike to complement (and maybe even replace) my 29er hardtail. Like many I'm stuck on the "aggressive trail or enduro" question. I'm after something that lets me climb pretty well and leaves me with a big smile after the downhill. My...
  17. mike14

Best bike for Victoria?

G'day all Long time lurker, and I know it's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string?" question, but what are the recommendations for the best bike to go with for Victoria? I'm currently on a 29er hardtail, which I love, but there have been a few times where I've felt a bit uncomfortable...