Search results

1. slowmick

Dealing with injury risk

I usually have a go at the stopping as the house if nothing special but I got a professional to stop out our kitchen. He did an amazing job and far quicker than I could.
  2. slowmick

What does your day look like?

Took the bike to Lysterfield this morning and got all excited. There were no cars at the end of Hallam North Road and I drove up to the car park I could see free spots. Then I saw the gate was open and manned by Volunteers. Planko the Golden Goat and all of his friends were out for a day of...
  3. slowmick

Dealing with injury risk

Look after you knee skin. mine is now paper thin from many, many crashes and it tears stupidly easily. I banged my knee a couple of times on the step ladder while hanging ceiling plaster. By the time the last sheet was up my sock was wet and the ladder was covered.
  4. slowmick

Red Hill; Legal trails

It's nice that MTB can use the lift @wkkie but I agree with MattyP's sentiment - Look at that.. it's winter and all of a sudden they love MTB again.
  5. slowmick

The stupid questions thread.

Good mate took his young family from Newcastle to Chicago to see a terminally ill mate. Wife was around 8 months pregnant, she needed a letter from the doctor to say she could go but they were uninsured if anything happened. Got a message when he arrived in LA - If ever you think life is...
  6. slowmick

Parents having a bicycle clearance sale on Facebook Sunday night.
  7. slowmick

The view from my mates seems to be that people working from home has been the worst thing for trades. So many people with their travel time on their hands to inspect the site and provide feedback. Quite a few want to be "on the tools" to save some cash and then work at night on their real...
  8. slowmick

From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea

That is stunning. Enjoy.
  9. slowmick

Little Things You Love

looks like it's pulled up the doona and yelled "Fuck off. Come back before winter is over and I'll fucking go you".
  10. slowmick

Dealing with injury risk

How many close calls have you had and not told us about? Your posts about the local road users in Canberra would suggest I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. Trees don't use phones or have the arse drop out of their burgers. EDIT: I understand people enjoy road riding and conquering...
  11. slowmick

Rotorburn equivalent for utes?

Probably a silly question but where in Australia are you @puffmoike . Local knowledge is probably the best bet for a supplier....
  12. slowmick

They get to say Lorry.
  13. slowmick

Dealing with injury risk

I think most of us as we have got older and collected more responsibilities in life. I know I have. I have to go to work on Monday and with a 4 year old I am no good to my family with a broken anything. The only I can suggest is be aware your heart is not in it. If you can't give the ride...
  14. slowmick

Gotta love a big box of 14G Batten Screws. Our house is held together with them. Even with all the work you have had to put in you still have a very cool house.
  15. slowmick

A mate ran his concreting business out of one of these for 5 years. Blue with a red leather interior. Screeds and wheel barrows went in the Toyota ute of similar vintage of his business partner.
  16. slowmick

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

that's fair enough @blacksp20, I have limited experience with different forks. I do love my 36 with a smash pot conversion - they get moving so much better than when they were air. Hambo has plenty of time to try air, coil and elastomers while he saves up. Ultimately the most expensive...
  17. slowmick

Newly Released Bikes General

I-Track have warmed up their Instagram account over the last few weeks. I fan boyed and told Hugh I was considered asking him about Craftworks during his day job. He has a design for a new ENR but factories are jam packed with the big boys orders. Good to know they will be back with their own...
  18. slowmick

Shorts - The struggle is real

Anyone here wear these? They migh fit the bill. https://hucktheworld.com.au/products/htw-all-day-2-0-tech-ride-short-black
  19. slowmick

Shorts - The struggle is real

The juggernaughts are a longer cut than the supertankers. I have had all of the versions of supertanker including the cotton/denim ones with the polar fleece pad. I switched to them after I wore through the butt of the current supertankers. They are a great pair of shorts all year around...
  20. slowmick

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

yes. coil is the way forward for you....