Search results

1. M

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

I can't remember where I'm at with the Topaz but for the Onyx I'm closer to Ibis' recommended settings than DVO's, which I thought was a bit odd.
  2. M

In fairness the only suspension I've seen @blacksp20 bottom out is the rear shock on a 2008 Giant Reign set up for a whippet :p +1 for DVO but go the Onyx, I reckon I'm fat enough these days to vouch for it. Diamond is still an amazing fork though!
  3. M

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Is this posted officially anywhere? Any leads on the new location? Would be good to know where they're not going to correctly lodge a DA for next (or at all) :rolleyes:
  4. M

Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

I'm actually onboard with the convention, should be how we described all bikes that are trying to do 2 things at once. If we use TT/triathlon bikes as a start point, we could have: Downtrial Downroad Downgravel Downcountry Downtrail Downmountain Downduro Downcycle (unicycle with suspension)...
  5. M

The QUICK question thread.....

On topic of DHR2s up front, I still love my 2.4" 3c Maxx Terra front/Dual Compound rear combo, and thats followed on from 26 to 27.5. Great grip but still rolls ok. A few pages back someone was asking about grips for gripshift, remembered you can get the Ergon GA2 twist shift set...
  6. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

I speed-scrolled past this pic and read it as BOOMER, which reminded me of a strange tech at one of the LBSs me and @blacksp20 used to go to who would call them "Marzoomi", so your shock is now the Marzoomi Boomer :p
  7. M

New frame or new bike?

He's taken down his "explanation" video too, likely those outside his echo chamber weren't buying it. The mind boggles...
  8. M

New frame or new bike?

I could easily have that wrong, but I did think it was definitely north of $100. Even then, I get that might be the price for replacement ones, but seems like it should be an "included with" on a new frame. Nitpicking I know.
  9. M

New frame or new bike?

+$200 for the dropouts, which just seems rude. Was pretty close to going with the Rail....
  10. M

New frame or new bike?

As someone who just went through the same fun of replacing a broken bike during a pandemic I feel your pain. geometrygeeks.bike was a godsend for comparing the geo of my existing bike against potential opinions. New bike still feels quite different to old, but static geometry was pretty close...
  11. M

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

I tried watching old mate's explanation video, strong Chops vibe. The S led in his PC just highlighted that the brand seems to be a strong magnet for general chuntiness, dislike all round :(
  12. M

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

8 days for my recent order, was expecting much worse
  13. M

lol I pulled up TLD in the pinkbike article comments on that interesting conversion, believe it or not, didn't get a response :p
  14. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The bigger the cake, the bigger the ride!
  15. M

Product Review Revel Rail

Great review, was happy to read the comparison with DW Link, sounds like you've got experience with both and makes me think I've chosen to go the right way for how I like bikes to ride. While I'm not getting the Rail (it was close, the Orange is gorgeous!), I will say I did reach out to the...
  16. M

Sore thumb options

Thanks to covid, I don't have any real-world data :(
  17. M

Sore thumb options

I've read this doing research on the 12 speed stuff, seems to be the general consensus. Stopped me chasing a XT shifter upgrade.
  18. M

Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Not a vinyl enthusiast but still afraid to ask, what record was it?
  19. M

A Long Pole

PB comments deliver again :D