Search results

1. Scotty T

VIC Nicolai / Geometron G16

Saw it on Facebook and thought you'd dropped several thousand off the bike until I read the description. Amazed this hasn't been snapped up but people clearly don't know what you've got.
  2. Scotty T

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

You have to come on a ricketty old boat to have the Feds pay any attention.
  3. Scotty T

Newly Released Bikes General

I freely admit, I glanced at the bike and went straight to the comments. Was worth it. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/legendary-road-cycling-brand-wilier-launches-the-new-urta-slr-cross-country-bike.html
  4. Scotty T

Solid effort to not pinch flat. You'd think they'd do another take and get a clean jump but maybe the bike couldn't handle another take. Edit:
  5. Scotty T

Sick jump casing capabilities, I need one!
  6. Scotty T

The QUICK question thread.....

Indeed but we couldn't get Big Cable on board. Mainly because they were also Big Hydraulic.
  7. Scotty T

100%. The Great Disc Brake hoax by the key players in Big Disc changed everything.
  8. Scotty T

After the business was handed down to me from a long line of Kable Krimp Pimps, it has been hard work due to the dwindling market. But it was nothing compared to the great Krimp Krash in the early 2000's when the MTB market was halved by hydraulic disc brakes. In the 2010's we've seen 1x halving...
  9. Scotty T

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

After my massive success marketing bespoke small run packaging of coloured cable ends to a small community at cost I've decided to invest all my money into Lighten-Bro Industries. Unfortunately due to being a non-profit, I can only invest around 60 cable ends which is my remaining stock. Bring...
  10. Scotty T

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Quick spin with old mate Tom, his mate Mark from his work and @johnny. Mark is pretty fucking handy on a bike, looking forward to more opportunities to follow him in future :) Banter and coffee at the Handlebar after, basically living the dream.
  11. Scotty T

I heard it was purple anodized.
  12. Scotty T

Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

Old mate seems to think you can actually ride from what I heard :) He definitely loves being held up on Skyline and makes a habit of it :p
  13. Scotty T

work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

We do use it for some things, but we do all the HTML ourselves to make sure it's in line with our branding guidelines.
  14. Scotty T

Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

All this car price talk, looked up E30 BMW's. Sheesh! Electric motor for my E30 arrives this week, I got a price on a battery pack. I took the ICE out of the E30 in 2015, the pack I could have got then for $13000 would not be powerful enough for the motor I've ended up with, and been around...
  15. Scotty T

Those just look so sick. My mate bought a 2016 v2 Bronson the other day, large. He's got a v1 large, which is hilariously small for him. I tried to tell him, he even rode mine, which by today's standards is still too small, but he got a large anyway, and has now done it again with a slightly...
  16. Scotty T

Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

The old formula was about 10-15% per year, depending on the desirability/rarity. 5 years old should be well under half price, especially the last 5 years with geometry advances. My SC was $3750, it was three years old, retail was about $10k adding all the bits of the build up, and the buyer...
  17. Scotty T

Kinda related, I'm off to Cairns in May, will catch up with @HamboCairns for a ride. Contacted the three places that hire bikes. Place 1 is a tour co who closed last year due to COVID and they won't be re-opening in May, maybe June if tourist numbers are back up. Shame as I was keen to ride a...