Search results

1. Freediver

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Somebody should explode Morrison's head by offering to build a gas powered solar panel factory.
  2. Freediver

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Somebody help me here. IPA is heavily hopped and session beers have a lighter flavour so what is a session IPA?
  3. Freediver

The QUICK question thread.....

You have 2 problems with the mouse going off to die, the first is you don't want a dead mouse under your dishwasher and the second is that wildlife can eat it and get poisoned.
  4. Freediver

Little Things You Hate

They aren't, everybody will get the membership and they will get a few loyal customers out of it. The real price they are asking is the members price. It's quite clever marketing.
  5. Freediver

The QUICK question thread.....

You're lack of proof reading your post makes it hard to know quite what your asking but I think your answer is drop the trap in a bucket of water to drown the mice.
  6. Freediver

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Not the same. One of them doesn't have Yeti written on it.
  7. Freediver

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Errinundra plateu probably has the best examples but there is still quite a bit in the Ellery Valley, Along the Goolengook and little Goolengook rivers there are some good examples and Dingo creek out past Goongarah. There is also a couple of patches out near Kinglake and down in the Otways but...
  8. Freediver

Yes, in Gippsland but there isn't much left. I've seen them take trees so big out of it that they can only put a few metres of one log on the back of a truck because the diameter is so big that it would weigh too much if it was the whole length of the truck.
  9. Freediver

It has been a long time since logging in most national parks but that's a long time by human terms, not in relation to trees that live for 500 years plus or a cycle that occurs over hundreds of years, if not thousands. Some of our newer NP and NP extensions have been logged very recently...
  10. Freediver

It's way more complex than most people realise, in our forests there has been a battle going on for thousands of years between rainforest and wet sclerophyll. As a forest goes longer and longer between fire or man made interruptions the eucalypts get bigger and bigger and further apart...
  11. Freediver

No, the main reason for the amount of fuel reduction burning that is done is propaganda. The conservatives have everybody hoodwinked into believing the answer to bushfires, rather than listening to the scientists is fuel reduction burns and that it's got nothing to do with climate change or...
  12. Freediver

Not in Vic. Ping pong balls from the sky are the standard way of cleaning up a logging coup and burning remote areas thet don't need to be burnt to meet targets for fuel reduction.
  13. Freediver

Fuckwits are demanding more backburning because they don't understand the terminology and confuse it with "controlled" or fuel reduction burns.
  14. Freediver

Confessions from the fuckwits

Serves you right for using a shifter.
  15. Freediver

Little Things You Love

It means soon there will be an Aussie distributor with inflated prices and geoblocking.
  16. Freediver

Whats chewing my power? Diagnosis help!

Bit of a long shot but when you got your new hot water service did they leave an old electric one plugged in in your roof?
  17. Freediver

What are you listening to NOW?

I liked that right up until the vocals started. Check out Klaus Schultz, I have a feeling you may like his later stuff.
  18. Freediver

Whats chewing my power? Diagnosis help!

How much power are we talking?
  19. Freediver

For Interest Only - Vic Govt / Central Vic Forest Proposal

I'm pretty sure the Macedon pine plantations are owned by Hancock Vicforests at it again. https://www.theage.com.au/environment/conservation/living-giants-conservationists-urge-government-to-protect-oldest-and-largest-trees-20210428-p57n8n.html
  20. Freediver

For Interest Only - Vic Govt / Central Vic Forest Proposal

When submissions were called for regarding Wombat Vicforests put one in wanting to restart logging.