Search results

1. Litenbror

So what will you be buying?

I guess the point Im trying to make is when we peddle single answer solutions to complex problems we never solve anything. This is quite often in the interests of particular groups. Yes you are correct that planning is some areas is a problem, Northern beaches is a prime example but its not the...
  2. Litenbror

Still chasing down the podcast but this one shows how just changing planning laws wont solve the problem. https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2024/04/easing-planning-rules-wont-solve-housing-shortage/ Also a good one from ANU re housing and the drivers...
  3. Litenbror

Also as an asside. While trying to find the above mentioned podcast and the data referenced I used 2 different searche engine's. Duck duck go gave me a list of sites from the ABS, housing Australia, the RBA and other reputable'ish sites. Google on the other hand gave me Real estate .com...
  4. Litenbror

Thanks for the info re tax, there is always more to the story. There was an interesting Democracy Sausage podcast a while back where they asked a Professor of planning and development why local planning was causing Australias housing crisis. Her response was we approved 500k developments in the...
  5. Litenbror

Also only apply the capital gains discount for new or redeveloping property. We should only get discounts for creating housing not just shuffling the existing stock. Build to rent works really well in the States especially in big uni towns. We were in Raleigh NC for a while and there were huge...
  6. Litenbror

You know you're getting old when ...

I think the thing the current generation would struggle to understand the most is that an idiot had a well paying job, single income family and could own a house and a car comfortably.
  7. Litenbror

They would definitely be ebikers.
  8. Litenbror

The QUICK question thread.....

We have found Aussie broadband good. Price is ok but reliability and service is great.
  9. Litenbror

Sold SOLD - Marzocchi Z1 with Smashpot Coil, extra damper

Thank god, I really didn't need this hanging around till after work and I had a glass or two.
  10. Litenbror

FAST BIKE BOX COURIER FOR INTERSTATE DELIVERY?

Ive shipped a few bikes with fast courier recently and the prices and delivery times were very good. Sent a large giant trance from Ocean Grove to Canberra and it was $230 door to door and delivered in 3 days. Pack n send quoted $800+ and e-go were high $400s from memory. Edit: I think their...
  11. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

We have been one car for the last 9 years or so except for a short time recently when I had an iLoad and we really like it. Thanks for the recommendation on the kia will have a look and see if we can get one for a test drive.
  12. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

More like Thunder Dome with my two
  13. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

Alright back online looking at 5 seaters... what the hell is happening with the Peugeot e-2008? Looks like they have cut about 30% off the prices at the moment and there is stock! I know they are Peugeots so kinda shit but the price point is nuts.
  14. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

Its a reasonable question to ask as we have thought about it a fair bit. Its not specific people or times more when both kids have friends over etc and everyone needs to eat. This happens more often than it did and will get more for the next few years and taper off in about 5-6 years. We are...
  15. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

On the roof. That way I can do the car wash on the way home and call showers done as well.
  16. Litenbror

2023 Norco Sight... are they ok?

No idea on the Norcos but Ivanho cycles have some great deals if your down this way.
  17. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

EV with 7 seats under 100k?
  18. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

This is us. Currently I do a 50km round trip commute 2 days and the other 5 the car does a few kms to and from the shops/beach/school. There are plenty of days where the car doesnt even move. With a 60-80km range on the outlander battery Im thinking we will be 75% battery powered with the...
  19. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

Lost him down the back of the couch or sold him for the Tesla was what I was thinking?
  20. Litenbror

Electric Vehicles etc

Kid have friends so we run out of seats quickly. Had 3 extras over the weekend so the 7 seats is to accommodate the overflow. Trips to Melbourne and Canberra are fine for infrastructure as like you said there is plenty on route, as long as they are all working and not being used. I see there...