Search results

1. Calvin27

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Looking at these for a fixer upper general use flat bar commuter style bike. Long term review? Are they holding up and no leaks or issues?
  2. Calvin27

Green steel, carbon & Wood(s).

Wow. Is there an award for build of the year?!? Very impressive!
  3. Calvin27

Formula One world championship

If you watch the formula e it's compeltely different race. Even with their energy savings drafting antics.
  4. Calvin27

Cheap new car time!

Honestly if reliability is the main game, hard to go past the Rav.
  5. Calvin27

The QUICK question thread.....

Split the difference, satin finish.
  6. Calvin27

Cheap new car time!

my 2c. - Rav is good but bit of a price premium. - CX5 is a bit more pricey than the rav so I'd almsot rule that out. Foresters are good but same wrt pricing. - I'd avoid VAG stuff. With the exception of a skoda yeti. Massively unloved and capable and reliable. - Wild card would be something...
  7. Calvin27

La Larr Ba Gauwa Park, Harcourt. Any info??

I nearly mowed an echidna!
  8. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

Part of the reason why bike shops struggle imo is that the trail networks are limited. You want mroe trails so people ride more, wear out stuff faster and buy new bikes, parts or service.
  9. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

I can't tell if: 1. I am getting better as a rider. 2. I am over biked. 3. Trails are getting easier. Possibly all three, but I can ride most blues with a gravel bike if I take care. That's got to be worth something.
  10. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

At some point people just need to ride bmx instead
  11. Calvin27

So what will you be buying?

Oh don't get me wrong, there is definately heaps of room to rethink the expenditure side of things. But generally Australians seem to point to fear taxes when it comes to healthcare, probably because there is a completely seperate line item in the tax return and everyone gets force fed PHI. Most...
  12. Calvin27

There was a small window, slightly after the howard era, where Australians had a chance to become Norway, instead of USA. Unfortunately we chose USA. That horse has well and truly bolted. People think taxes suck, until they get sick in USA. Every Australian should experience USA healthcare...
  13. Calvin27

The problem is to get this working you'll have to have a lot of rules that control price, ammenity and tenant rights. At which point you just build social housing and cut out the middleman private enterprise. Traditionally private investment in housing has been inferior to public investment...
  14. Calvin27

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Ride the bike in, drop it off for a service. Shower and change facilities. Service the human too if required. Genius.
  15. Calvin27

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

What is the lowest price?
  16. Calvin27

Not sure if serious, but might as well hand the keys to the country over to gina at this point, although I slightly have more faith in her to run the country over the likes of bezos.
  17. Calvin27

Imo this is actually a horrible idea. Check out build to rent models in the USA. It's actual stuff of nightmares. To sum it up, imagine a big corporation like amazon. Now imagine them as a landlord. That outcome actually pales in comparison though. Consider if your landlord owned entire...
  18. Calvin27

The bike industry crisis

The problem with the bike industry is it has no idea how to create value in the supply chain. Basically you have the groupset folks owning the market. One can't manage a supply chain for the life of them and the other uses the consumer as a beta tester leaving a wake of orphan standards along...
  19. Calvin27

Mid life crisis tour - ideas

Thanks for the suggestions folks, you just made my list a fair bit bigger. Mongolia booked for August, will report in.
  20. Calvin27

La Larr Ba Gauwa Park, Harcourt. Any info??

Lol coicidently two of my riding buddies are SS and have cleared that. They keep banging on bout being one with the trail. I showed them and bought an ebike! Riding mint as of this weekend. Forgot about how good number 9 is. 10 is still clsoed, but from memory that loops wasn't anything to...