Search results

1. S

Newly Released Bikes General

Shock looks very custom. Do the Scott's use the same shock?
  2. S

How stolen does this look, or a bargain and get on it.

You are well out of your depth. The words used suggest you know what you're talking about but the actual content falls way short. I try to post only on things I'm an expert on. I suggest you do the same.
  3. S

How stolen does this look, or a bargain and get on it.

There is a well established common law (eg. Aust and the Poms) legal principle that terms in an agreement (like what appear in the PDS) will be construed "contra proferentum" - basically against the party that seeks to "profit". What this means is that while an insurance company will be able to...
  4. S

Bargain buys thread

It's really starting to feel like we've turned the corner on the covid prices and under supply.
  5. S

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

On the downs I have had a number of occasions when sticks have got lodged in my drive train but because I'm not pedaling it's caused no damage. I shudder to think what would have happened if the drive train was fixed and turning like that. Even a dropped chain on the front would result in some...
  6. S

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

It's the stroke that changes from the spacer removal not the eye to eye. So for the trance there is one 2.5mm stroke limiting spacer that reduces the shock stroke from 45mm to 42.5mm (but the eye to eye is always 165mm). It should be safe to remove on at least the large alu frames but if you do...
  7. S

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

No. You flip the whole helmet up and then a quick nod of the head has it back down again. Hands-free darkening:)
  8. S

The flip helmet I have sort of looks like this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/372864506220 I now need to wear multi-focal glasses and the big range of up-down vision through the lens is great for that.
  9. S

I think the cheapest 3M Speedglas is now around the $300 mark. My Speedglas must be close to 20 years old now and has been flawless, although the quality may have changed over time. Even so, like Mattyp I will often use an ancient CIG flip up (albeit with a massive viewing area). For tig...
  10. S

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Cables arrived yesterday and they look great. Actually stainless and nice and smooth on the outside. Very quick delivery.
  11. S

The colourful phrase dictionary

"Elongator" - an Elon fluffer / lover of all things Elon.
  12. S

Can America be fixed?

Yeah, we've got a perfectly good "Little things I hate" thread for that sort of stuff.
  13. S

Excellent. Just ordered some.
  14. S

I've got some "stainless" ones and they were actually gal and rough. Not really usable. Would love to find some proper smooth stainless ones. The rougher cables just wear the outer plastic liners on any sharp bends and create the impression of "cable stretch" as they wear away the liner. The...
  15. S

David Blucher injured badly at Stromlo

Crikey! You just can't make this shit up. Unbelievable bad luck.
  16. S

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Summernats has kicked off. Sounds like continuous distant thunder. Hopefully the wind will be in the opposite direction when the burnouts start...
  17. S

I wouldn't mind trying a Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate but they are hard to come by in the right size. Pushys actually have one in stock at the moment: https://www.pushys.com.au/rockshox-super-deluxe-ultimate-rc2t-165x45-trunnion-rear-shock-2023.html
  18. S

+100 Lighter wheels (and tyres) make a huge difference. Best value bang for buck in most cases.
  19. S

I've got both an alloy and carbon Trance 29er (both 2020 models) and other than the weight savings the ride/feel is very similar between them. The carbon is probably not worth the $4.5k. The Carbonda FM1001 is a Horst-link frame. With the right rear shock I'm sure it'll be a good performer but...
  20. S

Little Things You Love

Amazing. My daughters got me a novel for Xmas and like you say, just the process of kicking back and reading has been so nice. I even spent a couple of hours in the arvo just sitting on the couch reading.