Search results

1. Plankosaurus

What's my new frame going to be?

My poor old used and abused spider has bitten the dust [emoji22] Well not really, it has a very small crack forming at a weld and will probably last year's to come, but I have a birthday coming up and I didn't milk the last one so I clearly need a new frame [emoji16] What I guess I need to...
  2. Plankosaurus

Is there any burners in Alice Springs?

I've been roped into heading up there for work next week, and was hoping to hit the local trails while I was there. I'm crossing my fingers I can get a hire bike at short notice, or I'll have to run around making freewheel noises. And it would be ace if I had someone to show me some trails, but...
  3. Plankosaurus

Mt Dandy trail saga and PV land management

Most vics here are probably aware by now of the constant battle between "rogue" builders and Parks Vic up in the Mt Dandenong area, and things have escalated all the way to herald sun articles in the last week or so so i figured it warranted a thread for those that arent on Farcebook and keeping...
  4. Plankosaurus

VIC Purpley 2014 27.5 specialized demo 8 small

The bike wifey absolutely had to have is up for sale [emoji38] She loved it for one shuttle day, and then bought an ebike. Something tells me there will be more wifey bikes for sale soon enough, she's really enjoying listening to me pant and wheeze [emoji3062] Item: purrrrple downhill bike for...
  5. Plankosaurus

VIC Don't let things get thrown out!

I need to move some stuff along because I have much other stuff, and want more other stuff. Item: cane creek db air shocks Location: Narre warren Item Condition: broken, but serviceable. Reason for selling: not gonna fix them Price and price conditions: $50 each sound reasonable? Extra Info...
  6. Plankosaurus

VIC 2012 NS soda freeride/slopestyle sm-med FOUND ;)

Purchased for the wifey, but went unappreciated (probably because I failed to paint it purple) Item: 2012 NS soda, rad to the power of cowabunga. Location: Narre warren (Would really like to avoid posting, but I'll probably say yes anyway so I don't know why I'm writing this...) Item...
  7. Plankosaurus

How much do you weigh wet?

As it got more and more moist today, I noticed myself feeling more and more sluggish. No worries, that's just me being unfit and some extra grit in the driveline right? Was nearing the end of my ride and saw my forks, looked like I was sitting a bit further in my travel than normal. Then checked...
  8. Plankosaurus

Barry 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Barry The Burner Bike Barry1 So i found this frame sitting on hard rubbish a few doors down from me. i drove past a couple of times over the next couple of days and decided i couldn't leave it there so i dropped a few $$ under the neighbors door and walked away with it. I've built it up with...
  9. Plankosaurus

VIC New old stock rockshox uppers and lowers (sold)

I bought a bulk lot of bits and these are the bits I cant see a use for here (and that haven't been spoken for already). Uppers have uncut steerers and no star nut, lowers are minty but lack seals. Uppers do not suit lowers, sids need shorter stanchions. Also who's going to use silver stanchions...
  10. Plankosaurus

Lysterfield Cycles - a new way of funding trail work

Feel free to give me a right spanking if this isnt ok mods. I know there's advertising rules for bike shops here and i respect that, but there's no shop yet so i think this slips under that grey area... Instead of discussing it on the lysterfield thread, i thought i'd start a new thread. you...
  11. Plankosaurus

Wtb - Med trail dual & xl hard tail - planko's hunting again

G'day all, looking for a couple of bikes for mates again for something different. [emoji849] Item: xl hardtail - pref 29 but 275 will be fine Location: narre, will travel a bit Price range/Willing to Pay: $600-$700 ish Extra Info: a tall mate is looking for a bike, he showed me a Kmart bike...
  12. Plankosaurus

VIC Old 90s somethingorother dually (sold)

Item: it's a bike of some description. Came with no stickers, but I've been told it may be an old raceline. Forks and groupset put it in the mid-late 90s somewhere. Steel front triangle with alloy rear triangle. Location: narre warren Item Condition: decent. Everything is working, not too badly...
  13. Plankosaurus

Wanted - lots of things. again

Once again i find myself looking for a few bikes and bits. free 3d printed fork seal drivers to anyone that can help me out! (better than a set of steak knives any day) Item: FOUND! Complete small or medium trail bike (or possibly a frame) for a local kid Location: Narre Warren Price...
  14. Plankosaurus

No, you build it yourself!

Daughter turned 13 today (I figure that puts me in my mid 20s somewhere?) and as per my previous wanted ad, I got her a Titus "el guapo" frame. I had a few bits lying around, and thanks to a few burners I've managed to piece the rest together. Frame - 2011(?) Titus el guapo 155mm Shock -...
  15. Plankosaurus

Wanted - stuff for daughter's birthday bike (found / sold)

I've got this sweet Titus el guapo frame on its way for daughter's birthday [emoji16] I have some fox36 forks, dtswiss ex500 wheels, slx cranks, monarch plus shock, zee calipers with deore levers. It's got a decent start here I think but there's some stuff I need to tie it together. I can...
  16. Plankosaurus

Wanted - 9speed shifter/derailleur (Found / Sold)

Oops, I'm building a bike for a mates kid and thought I had heaps of time. Turns out his birthday is next week [emoji15] I'm almost there, but I need a way of making gears do stuff. I have a pile of 9sp cassettes and chains but no shifters or derailleurs... Item: 9sp shifter and derailleur...
  17. Plankosaurus

Found/Sold - 3 decent bikes and a garbage crankset

I've got a few friends chasing bikes at the moment, figured I'd get rotorburn on the case. Item: medium trail to am bike Location: narre warren Price range/Willing to Pay: $800 budget Extra Info: this kid has aspirations for a $1500 bike, but dad feels otherwise. I know we can get something...
  18. Plankosaurus

LDTR Lysty Kids social rides

Hey guys, i thought i'd drop these rides in rotorburn aswell, just in case any of you parent types might be interested in getting your kids out with a bunch of other kids for a cruisy social ride. these are aimed more at emerging riders, and a social atmosphere, so if your kiddo needs to be...
  19. Plankosaurus

VIC Lysterfield trail survey (please help!)

As we all know, parks have gone completely bonkers of late. It feels as though they want to shut out any user groups that cause them to use any of their budget (honestly, this is the only reason I can think of for the treatment of mountain bikers and climbers of late). LDTR has just spent a big...
  20. Plankosaurus

What was your riding soundtrack today?

Or what did the weird jukebox in your head put on repeat for you while you sweated it out? I can't be the only one this happens to. I don't listen to music while riding so my brain gets a little stir crazy and starts playing tunes for me. Sometimes it's a winner, sometimes it's... Less of a...