Search results

1. Scotty T

Which tyres do you prefer and why

Had that combo on my Fuel and they were a decent riding tyre but not particularly sturdy thus the light weight, ended up with a massive sidewall tear in one.
  2. Scotty T

Yeah I haven't been game enough to take it down Pork Barrell yet, where tyres and travel matter.
  3. Scotty T

I got that totally arse about, I have Hookworms on the electric board tracker and Wormdrive on the Jackaroo. Hookworms would only be good on smooth hardpack, they are great on tarmac with 50psi. Wormdrives roll really quick but I've only taken them on quite smooth stuff at the Arboretum, they...
  4. Scotty T

Are you in your retirement Job?

I reckon I will retire here, maybe up a rung or two in the mangement heirarchy but I like what I do now and have a lot of autonomy. Like @Slowman I could go out into the contract world or even private sector and earn more money but it wouldn't give me the same sense of purpose or the...
  5. Scotty T

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Now where's that old saying about fooling some of the people some of the time? https://twitter.com/wulffjones?lang=en The prayers are working so all good. Back story is interesting: https://www.distractify.com/p/alex-jones-wife That booolshit video was tops.
  6. Scotty T

Yeah Crossmark used to pinch flat on the regular, mainly on Rollercoaster at Stromlo, one time a mate and I pinched within about 2m of each other there. I have Smoke/Dart resissues on the Mongoose, on flow stuff (Breakout, Skyline at Stromo) I'm only 5-10% slower than my Bronson! The Dart is...
  7. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

I reckon while humans are still driving, riding and walking on roads FSD won't be a thing. Bit like living on Mars.
  8. Scotty T

I grew up in ye-ole 2.1 max width times. It was a better combo than Ardent front and Crossmark rear. I never picked up on the snakebelly but agree. Now I think of it the DJ has Ardent 2.25 front and a proper snakebelly rear.
  9. Scotty T

Ohlins TTX2Air Vs. Cane Creek Double Barrel Kitsuma Air

Thread with some good info and feedback on it: https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/needle-in-the-eye-needle-bearing-shock-eyelet-bushings.314436/
  10. Scotty T

@Nambra and I went shared postage on a couple direct and halves on the pressing tool. He has the tool but happy for you to pay postage and share it around, though it's not completely necessary IIRC. But it looks cool and works nice.
  11. Scotty T

Before the Avanti got stolen it had Ardent 2.2 r 2.4 f. They went OK on dry Stromlo especially when converted to tubeless.
  12. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

And you could have issues on an insurance claim too. One other problem I heard was that the cars don't understand trailers so the Guess-O-Meter has even less accurate range.
  13. Scotty T

Mate tried a Pirelli Scorpion Enduro S and said it had amazing grip. Putting more powerful petrol engines in cars is futile.
  14. Scotty T

Can highly recommend. 2000+km on mine and it's just like the day it was fitted. Also available in red anno matchy matchy tea party style.
  15. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

My biggest issue with doing this years ago with a Leaf was the lack of towbar. I have a trailer and small car like @Haakon, and towbar mounted bike rack. No towbar is no deal for us. Trailer saved me delivery fees picking up a freezer and hours in trimming branches to fit them in the green waste...
  16. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

17. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

30% higher energy density, 700km range batteries.
  18. Scotty T

Electric Vehicles etc

Game over for everyone else? Very cheap used Model 3 SR's in a year or two? Or will they just put less batteries in making it lighter, cheaper and faster to produce?
  19. Scotty T

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

I guessed my first Cardle today. Have done 3 or 4 so far. https://cardle.uk